Is there anyone who needs to lose over 10 stone????

Hi GG so what to you typically eat on your red weeks?

This is more or less what I eat for 2 weeks (original days).

Breakfast (same every day)

• One slice of protein bread (no spread)
  • One piece of fruit (or half a grapefruit)
Monday (or day 1 etc)

Lunch
  • Tomato salad with cold cuts of meat
Dinner
  • Fish or shellfish
  • Green salad
  • One slice of toasted protein break
  • Grapefruit or seasonal fruits
Tuesday

Lunch
  • Fruit salad
Dinner
  • Lean hamburgers
  • Tomatoes, lettuce, celery, olives (max 4)
Wednesday

Lunch
  • Tuna or salmon salad (drain any oil from tin)
  • Grapefruit or melon
Dinner
  • Roast lamb
  • Lettuce, tomato, celery and cucumber salad
Thursday

Lunch
  • 2 eggs (any style, cooked without using fat)
  • Low fat cottage cheese
  • Zucchini or squash or stringbeans or tomatoes
Dinner
  • Chicken (skin & fat removed, cooked how you like)
  • Spinach, green peppers and string beans
Friday

Lunch
  • Assorted cheese slices (low fat)
  • Spinach
Dinner
  • Fish or shellfish salad
  • Any fresh salad or cooked vegetables
Saturday

Lunch
  • Fruit salad
Dinner
  • Roast turkey or chicken
  • Tomato and lettuce salad
Sunday

Lunch
  • Hot or cold turkey or chicken
  • Tomatoes or carrots or cabbage or broccoli or cauliflower
  • Grapefruit or seasonal fruits
Dinner
  • Grilled steak (any cut with fat removed)
  • Tomato, lettuce, cucumber & celery salad
  • Brussel sprouts
Drinks

As much as you desire of the following
  • Tea & coffee (black or with soya milk, no sugar or honey)
  • Diet drink
  • Water
Repeat for week 2

And after week 2, choose Extra Easy for 2 weeks (SW recipes from the books). Eat carbs, drink milk, yoghurt, use syns, etc.

Thanks GG, so you basically stick to lean low fat protein and super free fruit and veggies/salad. And on EE I take it you do the whole hog .. so to speak ..

That's right. I'm just looking at your stats. You've done pretty good yourself! 2.5 stones lost in just under 2 months? That's amazing hun! how are you doing it?

i am TOTALLY stealing your diet plan gg...! 4 stone in 3.5 months is just staggering!!

Hi GG

Not a million miles away from your regime really though I do EE all the time erring towards red

I try not to eat too many heavy carbs like pasta, potatoes and rice. I definately lose faster eating lean meat and super free vegetables and salad. White meat and fish is definately faster for me than pork and beef. Makes sense as its lower in calories.

When I am full I stop eating whether the food is free or not you can put weight on with healthy food as well as bad food if you are taking in more then you are using. I am trying to curb my emotional eating on top of this as I definately head towards food to change my mood. I look for other ways to distract myself now

I drink lots of water - before I just had coffee and coke zero. I think drinking more water has stopped my body holding on to water so much as it was before. Water also keeps hunger and cravings at bay for me.

I do more exercise I see that is one of your tools too. I joined the gym and I walk the dogs at least a mile every day sometimes twice a day. :D

I get weighed every day. I know that is frowned upon but it helps me stay on track. If I havent lost I cut back a bit up to WI - it works for me.

Everybody is different -- we just have to experiment until we find the solution that is best for us.

Thanks for sharing. :D

I re-joined SW on wednesday and weigh in at 21stone 9lbs. I'd like to get down to 10 stone so i have nearly 12 stone to lose x

I re-joined SW on wednesday and weigh in at 21stone 9lbs. I'd like to get down to 10 stone so i have nearly 12 stone to lose x

Hi Aimee

Welcome .. you will finds lots of support here, you came to the right place :p

Hello..... eek, I'm so glad I found this thread as I was too thinking that I'm the *only one*.

I've never said this out loud before, but I've lost 2 stone and have another 6.5 to lose.... there I said it. Great to see this thread and knowing we're all here to help each other, also - that we have a long way to go and it's not going to happen over night (esp after the week I've had!!) xxx

i am TOTALLY stealing your diet plan gg...! 4 stone in 3.5 months is just staggering!!

Thanks Colly for your praise. Please try this diet plan for 2 weeks and you'll see results. I promise you.

I also drink loads of water (about 2 litres a day) and I go to the gym 2-3 times a week for 1 hr of spinning. I think you'll lose weight even if you don't do any exercise with this plan but it is better to exercise or walk. Cmcewn is doing pretty much the same and look at her results, they are amazing!

Everybody is different -- we just have to experiment until we find the solution that is best for us.Thanks for sharing. :D

That's right. Thanks for sharing too. I also get weighed everyday! haha lol! Problem is, I don't trust my scales because they are not the same used at SS. I think mine show 2lbs more (they are not friendly).

I also get weighed everyday! haha lol! Problem is, I don't trust my scales because they are not the same used at SS. I think mine show 2lbs more (they are not friendly).

Is there such a thing as "friendly" scales lol. :D My scales are 3 pounds more then SW's scales but at least I know that and make adjustments accordingly.

To me if you want to get weighed you should if you do not - do not. If you go on a binge simply because you have done well or not done well there are other issues at play in your head and you have to question whether you are really and truly serious about losing the weight. I mean doh! Know your reaction and behave accordingly. :p

GG where do you get the protein bread and how does that stand up in the plan in regards to HEXB and syn values? Thanks

Last edited:
How is everybody doing today, another round of WI's - mine tonight. Fingers crossed I am definately hunting my 3 stone marker but I doubt that will happen this week. :0)

i think im going to give your plan a go gg, altho i have to have my porridge in the morning (small amount, not syn'd it yet) otherwise i'm in about m+s and buying junk to eat by 11! e.g, what ive done today! but i'll try to cancel that out with an hour of exercise every night. i will report back with how i get on!!

WI Tonight

WI tonight and 2.5 pounds off, another 2 and thats my 3 stone marker. Happy :D

Hello everyone, well done on all the losses!

I'm much cherrier and optimistic this week, after last weeks' epic fail. Managed to get 7lbs off (I am still a tad bit baffled at how I managed to gain last week) taking me to my first stone off!

However, I'm a bit iffy since I saw the doc this week. He wants me to continue taking the xenical for another couple of months.

I've also been ordered to go swimming, so no escaping it, lol! I've been banned from walking and weight bearing exercise for the minute because of my left foot (plantar faciitis aka excrutiating pain), so swimming it is. For those who swim regularly, what do you wear? I believe I have a paralysing fear of all things lycra :eek: but I'd take a decent supportive cozzie / swim shorts recommendation.

I went down to my local sports center yesterday - £35 for the month, no contract and full use of the gym/sauna/steam and pool. Not a bad deal, they even do women only sessions a few days a week in the evenings. I am nervous, but will try to press on!

you go girl! I haven't swum for years! I don't like getting my kit off in public. Lol!

Groovy Groovy you'll be hitting the pool in no time at the rate the weight is coming off you :) Keep up the good work

Thank you Kas. You are doing great yourself! xx

For real groovy, you're like a super slimmer!

Hiya was on here a few weeks ago but went completely off the rails even though i had only joined on tuesday had a whole week of eating rubbish (like I was rebelling) went again on tuesday gone and only gained a lb how i managed that i don't know but i am now on it 100% and loving it! have 10 stone to lose but will take each day at a time

Back