Step3 1000kcal Is this a new me?

Carlyd88

Hi everyone,

It has been a while since I have posted even though I promised myself that I would keep everyone updated on my progress up the steps.

So I am now almost at the end of my second week of step three and really loving it! I am finding this step really easy, the introduction of more food was a real concern initially but I do believe that I am well on my way to really understanding how to eat properly and that the way I ate before isn't a way that I can ever go back to (not unless I want to put all of my weight back on). I managed a 1.5lb weight loss on my first week so the higher steps do work as long as you give them the same dedication as SS/SS+.

So on step three I still have two Cambridge products a day, I generally have eggs for breakfast (boiled or scrambled) and then a shake mid morning. Lunch on step three is recommended to be a leafy salad but I generally have a little something extra with it like tuna or chicken taken out of my evening protein allowance (which is actually a lot). Dinner tends to be meat and steamed veg, I made a batch of the Cambridge recipe chilli con carne last week which was delicious! I am still a bit dubious of carbs but finding cous cous (which I love) a life saver!

This week I decided that it was time to have a bit of a treat so me and my other half ordered a Chinese, we had ribs, spring rolls and crispy duck no heavy carbs ordered which i was glad about because I was ridiculously full, i could only eat half of my spring roll! It was lovely but I am hoping that it doesn't interfere with my loss this week because other than that I have been 100%, taking full advantage of the fruit allowance, watermelon is my new best friend.

So I will update you all on my weightloss on Monday, I am not expecting big losses now, maybe 1-2lb a week until I am at goal which is about 5-6lb away :)

Starting Weight: 11st 7lb. Week 1 WI: -7lb (11st). Week 2 WI: -3lb (10st 11lb). Week 3 WI: -5lb (10st 6lb). Week 4 WI: -3lb (10st 3lb). Week 5 WI: -2lb (10st 1lb). Week 6 WI: -1.5lb (9st13.5lb). Week 7 WI: -2.5lb (9st 11). Week 8 WI: STS. Week 9 WI: -2lb (9st9lb). Week 10 WI: -4lb (9st5lb). Week 11 WI: -0.5lb (9st4.5lb). Week 12 WI: -1.5lb (9st3lb).

:) That was a really interesting read thank you! I will follow your progress as I am struggling to lose the last 10lbs or so

The last few lbs seem the hardest to get rid of, I moved up the plans before goal mainly because I wanted to start the "learning" process before I got to goal and take my time up the steps, also because even on step two my weight loss was pretty slow which was disheartening because on step two you are still primarily abstaining from food minus the evening meal.

So step three is a really great plan and of course you are still quite a way from your allowable food intake to maintain so you will still lose weight. I will keep up to date with my weigh ins and try and keep a diary of what foods I am eating!

Starting Weight: 11st 7lb. Week 1 WI: -7lb (11st). Week 2 WI: -3lb (10st 11lb). Week 3 WI: -5lb (10st 6lb). Week 4 WI: -3lb (10st 3lb). Week 5 WI: -2lb (10st 1lb). Week 6 WI: -1.5lb (9st13.5lb). Week 7 WI: -2.5lb (9st 11). Week 8 WI: STS. Week 9 WI: -2lb (9st9lb). Week 10 WI: -4lb (9st5lb). Week 11 WI: -0.5lb (9st4.5lb). Week 12 WI: -1.5lb (9st3lb).

Second week on step three and this week I have lost another 2lb :) so so happy with this! 5lbs to go until I am at a goal weight that I never felt possible!

Tonight I am having homemade burgers... Yummy!

I am doing this next week on step three and then moving up to step four (depending on next weeks loss). I will keep posting how things are going!

Nice one Carly! I'm also doing step 3 (well sort of, I keep changing in and out of plans but I'm sure I'll settle soon...) and getting about 1-2lbs a week as well, which I'm happy with. You're right, it's a good step for 'learning how to eat' and as bizarre as non-dieters would find that, it's something we all need to do here!! Congrats and keep it up :)

So this week for me has been a bit of a strange one. I have been feeling pretty under the weather and have had ridiculous cravings for chocolate, which I have given into on several occasions!

I have also found that I have not been using my Cambridge products, I have still been having 1000 cals a day but just making it up with other foods, which in actual fact has been really easy.

I'm not seeing my consultant this week so I weighed myself this morning and it is showing a 1lb loss, which I am actually really happy with considering I am on step three!

My official weigh in day is a Monday so I will weigh again then and see whether there is any more waiting to shift :)

I hope everyone enjoys their bank holiday weekend!

Hey!

Things are going ok... I have had an extremely naughty week off with my OH but it has been nice to enjoy food... Today I am back on the wagon! I say wagon, in actual fact I haven't had any Cambridge products for around 2 weeks but aiming for 1000 cals which seems to be working just fine!

I am fully expecting a gain this week but I have four days to stay on plan and fit in lots of exercise to make up for my week of naughtiness!

I have a friend who is a nutritionalist and a personal trainer (she was most upset to hear I was doing Cambridge!) she has offered to give me some advice about my long term diet and exercise plans so I will be taking her up on that but it will end my Cambridge journey! I will still pop on to the forum though to see everyone's progress and to let people know how things are going with me!

When are you due to start step three?

Back