Is this a red day?

docmurphy

Ok, so after my last unsuccessful attempt at red/green days, can someone tell me I am on the right track this time.

Breakfast
2 slices of wholemeal toast (hex b)
42g light cheddar (hex a)
sliced onion and tomato

Snack - apple

Lunch
Boiled egg and tuna salad - sliced egg, shredded white cabbage, carrots, onions, tomatoes, xlight mayo (1 syn) tin of tuna
2 x sponge fingers (4 syns)

Snack - strawberries and grapes

Dinner -
sw homemade turkey burgers made from turkey breast in food processor
potato wedges made from 200g potato (hex b)
carrots and cauliflower
salad

muller light yoghurt

250ml milk in tea (hex a)

Please, please tell me this fits with a red day :confused:

Yes a great red day x

Fab red day great stuff. I'm on a red day too, had bacon,egg,mushrooms,tinned toms for lunch, and having plaice and syn free chips tonight together with strawberries and yoghurt, melon, grapes, choc options and an Alpen light (3 syns) Cant wait. Think you have got the hang of red days now doc murphy:)

Thank you Hollysnan! I wasn't sure if i needed more from the red free foods or not. I had been told I needed 1/3 superfree and 1/3 free foods at every sitting, I don't think I could manage a 1/3 of a plate of eggs or meat for breakfast every day! Looking at others' menus/food diary's, no one else seems to do this. I am going it alone at the moment, but am seriously considering joining a daytime group when the kids go back to school next week...

docmurphy said:
Thank you Hollysnan! I wasn't sure if i needed more from the red free foods or not. I had been told I needed 1/3 superfree and 1/3 free foods at every sitting, I don't think I could manage a 1/3 of a plate of eggs or meat for breakfast every day! Looking at others' menus/food diary's, no one else seems to do this. I am going it alone at the moment, but am seriously considering joining a daytime group when the kids go back to school next week...

On red days you don't have to have 1/3 superfree although it would probably help, this is the reason I'm doing red as I can't guarantee this. Good luck hun xx

Exactly what I would have posted big bear, and I really think joining a group is the way forward. You will get such a lot of help, support, info, and there is also the social aspect when you can chat with your fellow members. Good luck in your journey

Back