is this normal with the dumping depatment? please please need help

Chiku

I started Xen' last Friday and am struggling to have a so called proper firm poo. Instead all its coming out with is watery and sometimes slimey drizzle. Is this normal or is there a bit a problem that I could rectify to avoid having this so called problem? :confused::eek::cry:

Some people do report having looser stools when taking Xenical, but it sounds like yours are a bit more than just loose! :eek:
Have a look at the amount of fat you're eating in your meals. Are you sticking to foods that are less that 5g of fat per 100g? And are you making sure not to eat more than 45g of fat per day (15g per meal).
It can be pretty tricky to start with, making sure that you stick to both those rules. But if you're sure you're following them 100% it might just be your body getting used to the tablets!

Good luck - and I hope it sorts itself out soon! :)

I have very loose bowel movements too. I do think it depends on how much fat you tend to eat during the day.
I agree with Alex try to stay within the 5gm of fat per 100grms of food.

Mandy

Loose poo is definitely the not so nice side to taking xenical, but yours do sound a bit, more than just loose..the extra water you drink plays a big part in it and definitely the fat you're eating.

It may help you to record the food you eat during the day, and you may see a pattern forming thats making your go like this.. oily and tan stool is annoying side effect too...make sure you drink plenty of water though as you can loose good healthy body salts if you get a bit too loose...

xx

Thanks all for your responses.
I have either a meal replacement shake for breakfast, lunch or dinner but only once a day and when having solid food i either have 30-40grams of Allbran/ 30g weetaflakes or a boiled egg or 2 with 2 slices of toasted thin wholegrain bread for breakfast. Lunch if i havent had toast for breakie then i'll have this with some low fat philli spread with thin slices of chicken (not always) and green salad. As for dinner which is a meal that i normally replace with a shake but if not then a small 4oz baked potato with tuna or 3-4tbl spoons of baked beans and some mozzarella, or something quick and easy for me to make myself from raw ingredients as im not too keen on pre-prepped foods and snacks. I'm also a great lover of my teas and ever since last year when i started Lipotrim tfr and after i was told to stop ive continued to drink 2 to 3 litres of water. I do sometimes fancy a 2 or 3 biscuits but normally its ginger nuts.

Judging but what you've been eating, you're having a good intake of wholemeal and fibre, which makes things loose anyway, I notice eggs..eggs are a bit controversial with the Xenical and can cause a explosive effect and they're quite high in fat and don't agree with everyone, some people are fine with them. Maybe if you cut out the egg, and see what happens.

Also watch the mozzarella and the biccies as they're not in the rules..sometimes by just breaking them slightly it can cause a reaction.

I don't usually break rules, I'm normally quite strict with myself ( i have to be otherwise all hell would break loose in the kitchen lol) last week was a stressful week for me,amongst over things it was totm and i had 4 small oreo biccies, I didn't react to them...we're all different..

it's all trial and error at the beginning really.. good luck though! :D
xx

have you looked at the fat content in your meal replacement shake..
maybe your body isnt likeing those and xenical....

the mozzarella is going to be out of the rules (i can only imagine..)

and so would the biscuits.....

Aah right thanks for that info/ advice, I shall stop the eggs, biscuit and mozzarella (sainsburys low fat) and see how I go. Oh and my Dr told me to continue with my multi vit supplements but to take them atleast 2 hrs before I have breakfast and as for the meal replacement shakes I have either have the fergi ones from boots or asdas measure up shakes as I struggle at times to have a solid meal

You can take the multivit at anythime during the day, as long as it's between the Xenical, I take mine at bedtime :)

Are you fully aware of the rules hun? I've use the Asda measure up shakes if i've got to have something quick or don't feel as hungry in the mornings..i like the chocolate one, which is rare, as i don't like chocolate milkshakes..

my Gp told me to take mine as soon as i wake up (05:30 - 06:00) and to wait 90mins or longer before i take the first blue pill.

Bunny Hops the only rule I am aware of is the 5% max limit of fats allowd

you've got to count calories too or you will eat too much sugar.

i dont eat cheese except the very light laughing cow and haven't had butter since i started :rolleyes:

the fat content is just too high to risk it. :flirt2:

i haven't been tango'd once since i started but have to admit i was scared to eat hardly anything the first week or two until i got my head round the low fat :flirt2:

you will soon be into the way of things and losing weight every week :D

my Gp told me to take mine as soon as i wake up (05:30 - 06:00) and to wait 90mins or longer before i take the first blue pill.

Bunny Hops the only rule I am aware of is the 5% max limit of fats allowd

Yes that's right hun, but also, make sure you fat level for each meal is under 15gs.

Are you using mfp?...it's great to find out your calories and carbs goals, and to track your food..

Free Calorie Counter, Diet & Exercise Journal | MyFitnessPal.com

i thought i was only allowd 5g max fat in each meal which is my maximum ive been sticking to. as for my meals i make everything from raw ingredients and if i have something non-veg (no beef I'm hindu) i always go to my butchers or fishmongers as they know I'm now on Xeni and ive told them my fat limit so they only give me what i can have - which is great as I find it alot easier seeing they have to do alot of the hard work for me and prep it all ;-)

How can Chiko be having too much fat? We are allowed a maximum of 15g per meal x 3 meals = 45g of fat per day. If theyre only having 5g per meal, thats only 15g per day. 30g less than they should be eating.

I think people are gettting confused, there are 2 rules to stick to.

No more than 45g of fat total a day, spread over 3 meals.
AND
No foods that contain more than 5% fat, look at the labels and anything that contains more than 5g of fat per 100g is out.

So even if you are only having 5g of fat in a meal, if that 5g comes from something like cheese, it is still out of the rules as the % of fat is too high.
Hope that helps.

I think people are gettting confused, there are 2 rules to stick to.

No more than 45g of fat total a day, spread over 3 meals.
AND
No foods that contain more than 5% fat, look at the labels and anything that contains more than 5g of fat per 100g is out.

So even if you are only having 5g of fat in a meal, if that 5g comes from something like cheese, it is still out of the rules as the % of fat is too high.
Hope that helps.

well I'm sticking to the 5%/ 5grams of fat max, which is something that i dont always meet in a single meal my variations of meals only really reach and average of 3 or 4 and sometimes even less

oh and as for cheese ive actually gone quite off it and ever since last year when my Doctor and Pharmacist told me i had to come off Lipotrim tfr ive only been consuming skimmed milk or lactose free skimmed milk. When it comes to food I'm mostly eat vegetarian and when i do eat non veg it's either chicken, turkey or low oily fishes that i get from my butchers and fishmongers and they're also aware of the Xenical I'm taking and only give me the lean fat free meat and the least oily fatty fish which i find helps alot

Last edited:
If you're just sticking to the one rule of 5gs of fat, you're going to have problems in the toileting department..

You may still be having 5gs per meal, but the per 100gs of fat you're having in that meal is too much fat, and that is why you're having problems in the toileting area.

For example, I've yet to find a cheese that fits the rule, so I haven't ate cheese for nearly a year..

Back