Is this normal?

Going by your sample menu, you aren't eating very much.

Yesterday was my pp day - and I ate over a kilo of lean beef / chicken, and 500 grms of yogurt, plus a gallette with a dry fried egg.

Atropos, really??? I don't think so!

Do you think I'm lying, or just that I'm mistaken?

Atropos, I don't think I am having more than Alessandra..
There is no way I could eat a kilo of meat :)

For example today was PV, I had a spanish omlette for breakfast and my galette, I had a late lunch, salad with 2 salmon steaks and I wasn't hungry so skipped dinner.. Had 8 crabsticks as snacks through the day.. and that is it I guess..

Yesterday was PP, I had turkey bacon and eggs for breakfast, a salmon steak for lunch and another for dinner.. Had 2 bowls of yogurt, 170 grams each.. and crabsticks again as snacks..

I don't feel hungry with this amount of food and I lose..

Alessandra, don't weigh yourself for a week, I know it is hard but try to resist.. Also, drink green tea and let's see what happens next week..

Thurday - weight at 6.30 am - 11 stone 5 lbs

Breakfast - Gallette, water, coffee

Snack - strips of cold roast beef with yogurt and coriander dip

Lunch - tandooi Chicken

Snack - Greek yogurt with lime juice

Dinner - Steak, dry fry egg,
- frozen lemon yogurt

Friday
Weight at 6.30 am - 11stone 1lb

I have about 300gs plus of extra lean beef per day and on top of that I have chicken and I might have some salmon too!!! The more meat I eat the quicker I lose! x

I have about 300gs plus of extra lean beef per day and on top of that I have chicken and I might have some salmon too!!! The more meat I eat the quicker I lose! x

Me too - after 9 months of dukaning I have learned that if I really want to see the scales go down on my pp day, I need to eat more lean high-grade protein.

Absolutely hun, I've not been on this for nearly as long as you Atropos but even I know it works, it's proven as far as I'm concerned because I've actually seen the results on the scale with my own eyes...
Don't knock it until you've tried it I say!

Thing is - you can't overdo the protein.

Excess Carbs - get turned into fat and stored
Excess Fat - gets stored
Excess Protein - just gets flushed away

Exactly, I mean you're asking for advice Alessandra so you should have an open mind about it and try this! What do you have to lose except weight?!

Atropos, what annoys me is not having the control. Imagine Working very hard and not getting paid... That's how I feel! If I wasn't dieting I would be happy with my body after all it's only fair. But no! I am dieting, not enjoying the diet at all, and I can't see results! If I don't diet, I put on so fast it's unbelievable!

That happened with ww and with sw. Dukan was kind of my last hope that's why I haven't given up yet.

Alessandra did you start doing DUKAN straight after WW OR SW?
I am asking because your body could be disoriented with the different approaches you have been giving it and might be hanging on to the fat for a while. I also agree that as you create muscle and burn fat you will see a little difference in the scales.

Measure yourself to see the cms shifting if they are and don't lose hope. It might be a case of muscle weighing more than fat which in this case will not be bad
Also I had, like you, not much weight to lose so it is a bit slower than other people on here.

Shame you are not enjoying the diet... I really did. There are some wonderful meals to be had if you have the patience and ingenuity;)

Anyway hang in there... and measure yourself, who knows? you might be surprised!

Atropos, OF COURSE I don't think you are lying! Why would you?I just don't think I am not having enough!

What is high grade protein?

I think I am going to have to follow your excellent examples

It's my 4th week and I haven't lost any weight this week - down 5lbs first week(Attack) another 1lb second week - third week another 1b.

Taking me from 11st 13lb to 11st 6.

No further movement in fact up slightly - next weigh day is Tuesday. But hanging on in here...

Wkstepmum, I did ask for advice and I am listening! I am willing to doing whatever it takes! I just didn't think I was not having enough!

Think about it: 4 chicken drumstick, 3eggs (one in the morning and two in the omelet), meatloaf (big slice), crabsticks, smoked salmon and tuna in one day is not enough?

Well no, obviously not! Smoked salmon and tuna; unless it's a big tuna steak aren't really that big, one slice of meatloaf isn't enough, ditch the crabsticks altogether, chicken drumsticks are okay but there's not really that much meat on them! Get making yourself some home made meatballs or burgers and get them into you!

How do I know if the meat is lean enough? I've been buying the extra lean mince from sainsburys and making the meatloaf on a rack so the juices can be drained.

I know that Dukan means you don't need to count calories but I use an app to keep track of everything - so when I started Dukan I carried on. I noticed that in the beginning I was only eating 750-950 cals a day - so prefer to track them to ensure I get as close to 1200minimum as possible.

And of course the more exercise you do - the more calories you need to ensure you are up to your minimum intake.

Just a thought.

Wkstepmum, I did ask for advice and I am listening! I am willing to doing whatever it takes! I just didn't think I was not having enough!

Think about it: 4 chicken drumstick, 3eggs (one in the morning and two in the omelet), meatloaf (big slice), crabsticks, smoked salmon and tuna in one day is not enough?

You just need to tweak this a bit to increase the quality of the meat, and reduce the amount of salt.

Drumsticks, for example, are the fattiest bit of the chicken (and if bought ready-cooked may also have added salt and carbs!) - so swap to home cooked breasts.

Crabsticks often stall people as they have added salt and starch - so swap for prawns.

Smoked Salmon is, again, full of salt - as is tinned tuna - fresh salmon or fresh tuna would be a better choice.

Back