Is this ok for 1000 menu?

chickenpie

Cambridge Diet Councellor
Hi all,
Well this morning I have started 1000 step, after deciding what to have I am going for:

B- Chocolate tetra
Boiled egg on small granary toast

L- Small bowl of lettuce and cucumber
Cranberry Crunch bar

D- 275g Quorn, 200g new potatoes, and broccoli

Haven't been shopping so don't have any fruit in. Does this menu sound ok though?
Would appreciate any advice as I am new to this step!

Yup, fits perfectly! Just minus the 50kcal of fruit. Also you're meant to get 1/2 a pint of milk in I believe, which you can have in the shredded wheat and muesli, or tea and coffee. I generally don't though myself!

Thanks Caroline!
I am not really keen on milk, I suppose I will have it on the cereal though. It will be good to have a bit of variety!

Yeah I don't drink milk normally. I only have it if I have the cereal, which isn't often. And if I have tea or coffee, which is even less regularly, about once in a blue moon!

Instead of the milk you can have a 150g pot of total 0% greek yoghurt, I have bought raspberries, strawberries and blueberries and just mix them into the pot of yoghurt for after my dinner, and voila a nice dessert and you use your milk/yoghurt allowance. Dont forget though only 50kcal fruit, so a few of blueberries, raspberries and strawberries.

50 calories of strawberries is 200g, so a fair bit! Which is good, cos I love them! :) I didn't know you were allowed yoghurt instead.

B- Chocolate tetra
Boiled egg on small granary toast

L- Small bowl of lettuce and cucumber
Cranberry Crunch bar

D- 275g Quorn, 200g new potatoes, and broccoli

Can't see a problem with that! Personally I find 275g of Quorn a bit much, I tend to use half a pack (150g). I get two meals out of a pack as well, lol

Back