• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

is this pain a common side effect????

S: 16st2.5lb C: 15st10.5lb G: 10st7lb BMI: 36.7 Loss: 0st6lb(2.65%)
hi all,

i started atkins a few days ago, but over the wknd i have had awful pain in my tum, especially on the right hand side. personally i think its because i dont normally eat such high amounts of fat or meat, its actually making me feel quite sick. is this a side effect, has anyone else had this or is it just me? im thinking of going back to weightwatchers if i cant shake this!!!

any advice please???? xxxx

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
S: 19st11.5lb C: 19st0lb G: 12st0lb BMI: 38.2 Loss: 0st11.5lb(4.14%)
Are you constipated or suffer from IBS? If not then yes it probably is your body shouting because of all the extra fat, and of course it takes a lot longer for the meat to pass through your body.
You've only been doing it a few days so maybe your body will get used to it after a bit longer. I'll bow out and shurrup now cos I'm not actually doing Atkins but saw your post and as someone who gets a lot of 'dragging' pains especially in my right side I wanted to reply! Hope it gets better soon xx

hi suzie,

thank u for taking the time to reply, what u say makes total sense and soes sound like its just as i thought. i know any change in diet can cause unwelcome side effects, but iv never had anything like this b4! the only refief i can get is if i lay on the side that hurts. i dont think its constipation or ibs though both have prob played a part.

many thanks, and good luck with your weght losses, ur doing great!!!!

sarah x

S: 19st11.5lb C: 19st0lb G: 12st0lb BMI: 38.2 Loss: 0st11.5lb(4.14%)
You're very welcome love and thankyou!
You're off to a great start, keep going and good luck! x

Lady Marmalade

Bad girl warning...
S: 13st3lb C: 10st9lb G: 9st12lb BMI: 24.8 Loss: 2st8lb(19.46%)
Hi Sarah-Louise, I think this sort of thing is quite common for people who are switching from CD, I guess your body needs to adjust to eating real food again but judging from the experience of most people on here it will pass. Hope you feel better soon.

S: 17st4lb G: 11st10lb
Hey, as an ex cd'er i suffered with tummy problems for a couple weeks after making the change over. It took a while to readjust to things but i'm fine now so long as i avoid too much cauli as i've found that it gives me awful stomach pains... Maybe it's something in particular you've eaten?? I only realised my cauli issue after a pattern formed n now i avoid it more i'm much better.

S: 25st0lb C: 13st1lb G: 13st1lb BMI: 24.1 Loss: 11st13lb(47.71%)
Hi Sarah-Loise, can't really answer this one as I was always a big meat eater before Atkins.

hi all,

sorry for delay, iv had no pc for a week or so. during my time away, i have gone back to weightwatchers as atkins was going to be difficult for me to follow as im not a big meat eater and the pain i was getting has since subsided since changing back so i think i was right that it was atkins related. things are great now, settled back into ww well, lost a pound in my first week back but its still a loss so im pleased and hope to reach my september challenge! thank u all for your replies and for making me feel welcome in the atkins forum, but i think i need to go next door to ww :)

wishing u all fantastic progress in whatever stage u are at xxxx