It’s time.

MrsTeacup

Today’s food:
Bacon, scrambled eggs and mushrooms
Oatbran & garlic minced beef.

I finally feel as ready as I did in 2011 when I lost 100lbs. I don’t have a scales anymore but have a way to go as stretchy size 16 jeggings are tight. It’s also going to be interesting as I’m skint but I’ll get there though.
Tomorrow’s PV food:
Roast beef (lots), broccoli, roast onion, swede mash
Oatbran vanilla gallette

Ugh just realised I have no eggs or yoghurt in, serves me right for not going shopping before starting! Yesterday was fine though got to make sure I drink more water today. Looking forward to roast beef later after a walk with the children.
Tomorrow’s PP
Minced beef with chilli flakes
Steak (gifted by neighbour) and mushrooms

Today is going to be a long day, getting back in to the groove of PP days AND having no eggs or yoghurt in. And been up since 3.30am. Sigh. Lots of cups of tea I think. Forgot to take steaks out of freezer too. So today’s PP:
Oatbran with skimmed milk, sweetener and cinnamon. Leftover roast beef. Minced beef in stock with chilli flakes. Will spend all day looking forward to tomorrow’s PV day: oatbran cinnamon porridge, lettuce soup, steak with onions and stir fried sprouts.

Hi MrsTeaCup!

I’m not on DUKAN but popped in to see who I knew still in here and stumbled across your thread 😊.

I hope it’s all going well this week for you.

Bren

Hi Bren!!! How are you doing? I miss all the business from years ago’ I’m doing fine, well in the low carb zone so I’m pleased. You know you’re in the right frame of mind when you are looking forward to the cauli you bought at the shops rather than the kids’ pizza!
Tomorrows food:
B - scrambled eggs with mushrooms
L - oatbran porridge with almond milk
D - homemade chilli burger and salad

Haha yes I agree! I’m off to the cinema today and hoping not to consume much popcorn and stick with my apple and coffee lol

I liked DUKAN but being a veggie made the PP days really challenging. Your meals look great. How many people in your household? Hope you are surviving the lockdown x

Haha yes I agree! I’m off to the cinema today and hoping not to consume much popcorn and stick with my apple and coffee lol

I liked DUKAN but being a veggie made the PP days really challenging. Your meals look great. How many people in your household? Hope you are surviving the lockdown x
Sorry, not been on a couple of days...had to unexpectedly buy a new (old) car so been busy with that. Yes, the PP is hard if veggie, I often had eggs and tofu. I’m not veggie but I like veggie meals the most. There are 7 in my household inc 3 teens and a 6ft 5 husband to feed! How many in yours?
I think I’m going more down a low carb/high fat route than Dukan tbh...I found last time I lost on days when all I had was oatbran and a block of cheese! Not healthy and I don’t want to go there again but I seriously need to lose a lot of weight. I bought new household scales finally so am no longer hiding my head in the sand but 😭😭😭

Today my new (old) car is delivered, I really hope it isn’t a bad buy, have had so much bad luck with cars over the years. And now am seriously on a food budget. Sigh.
B - scrambled eggs and mushrooms
L - Chilli
D - Alpro plain yoghurt with s/f jelly crystals
Must. Drink. More. Fluids.

Right then lady, let’s do it. When will weigh in day be? Cars can be a real hassle, my fingers are crossed it a great one x

Hubby and two kids (6/8).

Solo parenting atm but will pop in later 😊

Morning Bren 😊
Yes let’s do it! I joined the mumsnet low carb boot camp which starts tomorrow so Monday weigh in makes a kind of sense but so does a Friday one to keep motivated over weekends? Though everything is kind of merging in to a blur of lockdown day followed by lockdown day isn’t it.
I’m feeling hungry today, had vanilla soft cheese with a wee bit of cream for breakfast, will have scrambled eggs & mushrooms for lunch and can’t wait till dinner as I’m doing roast pork. I’ll do roast potatoes for everyone else but I’m looking forward to the roast shallots, leeks in cheese sauce and cauliflower. I may do them all Yorkshires if they behave, but I kind of begrudge them the eggs hahahaha.

Oh my that was a delicious dinner! Roast pork, roast onion, broccoli and leeks in cheese sauce. Missing desserts a wee bit but not wanting to do desserts till at least the first two-stones is gone.
Tomorrow’s food:
B - scrambled eggs & tomato
L - leftovers leeks in cheese sauce
D - pork & pepper curry and cauliflower rice.

So tired. Why did I think going caffeine-free was a good idea?? Yesterday was a v good day food wise but right now I’m tired and hungry.
B - scrambled eggs & tomato
L - mince in mushroom stock & leeks in cheese sauce
D - tuna and green salad

Nice beef, definitely going to stick with the new butcher we are using.
Tomorrow’s meals:
Scrambled eggs with spring onions
Corned beef salad
Leftover beef curry & cauliflower rice

So I’m 5lb down this first week which I’m pleased about as it shows I’m well transferred to low carb. If it wasn’t for the toothache I’d feel fine, though I do think I’ll get some chewing gum in for when I’m bored and need to take my mind off not eating. Overeating is a hard disorder to curb, I’m trying to not just eat-loads-but-it’s-ok-as-low-carb but actually get better at portion control.
B - scrambled eggs & mushrooms
L - Tuna salad
D - corned beef, mayonnaise, gherkins

Tomorrow’s meals:
B - yoghurt with mixed spices
L - Egg salad
D - sausages, Neeps, buttered cabbage

9lbs down so far, pleased with that. I love low carb as I don’t feel deprived as much as calorie counting. Today’s meals: B - pancake & lemon juice, L - pepper & tomato quiche, D - sardines & green salad.

Well, keeping on with it. I’ve lost 13lb (was 14lb but 1lb gain this week with TOTM) . I’m pleased obviously but also gutted that I’d gotten so big that you can’t tell I’ve lost so much 😢. Regularly having two meals in a five hour slot, hoping autophagy will help with loose skin etc. Today I had to have a square of 90% chocolate and a cuppa as I was up at 3.45am but I don’t usually.
Today: B - Lindt L - sardines salad D - multi-veg omelette . Lots of fluids as been slacking.

Refocusing this week. I cannot have even low carb chocolate in the house yet! So this week: no cream, no chocolate, not much cheese. And more fluids.
Today is a make-do day as need to go shopping tomorrow but B - scrambled eggs with mushrooms, L - sardines & gherkins, D - corned beef & onion/pepper/celery.

Today: L - poached eggs on portabello mushrooms D - Boursin stuffed chicken breast wrapped in bacon, green beans.
Had plenty of fluids yesterday, will focus on that again. Am trying to see if I can manage a whole week without any sweetener too.

Back