It’s time.

Thanks Susie. I’ve ended up going from Dukan (which is high protein low fat low carb) to a higher fat/low carb. Dukan worked for me years ago but this seems to work for me now. I definitely have to have a strict regime too, I can’t have just one biscuit as I’d actually have 20 then some toast. I have to have 0 biscuits.
I’m going to look for more family friendly recipes, they love the stroganoff and goulash that I can have, so will probably enjoy more.

Yawn. Up at 4.20am. Ugh. Anyways, today husband and four year old are wheelbarrowing loads of topsoil, got to put blackout blind up in youngest’s bedroom in vain attempt to not have days starting even earlier when clocks go back tonight, I should pot-on some lupins and borage, and do housework I suppose. Not in the mood for anything apart from sitting with my cuppa but hey ho.
Today’s food: B - 90s keto toast & peanut butter, L - sardines & egg salad.

I'm going to make some keto bread. Did you buy the bread or make it? Any recipe recommendations?

Yawn. Up at 4.20am. Ugh. Anyways, today husband and four year old are wheelbarrowing loads of topsoil, got to put blackout blind up in youngest’s bedroom in vain attempt to not have days starting even earlier when clocks go back tonight, I should pot-on some lupins and borage, and do housework I suppose. Not in the mood for anything apart from sitting with my cuppa but hey ho.
Today’s food: B - 90s keto toast & peanut butter, L - sardines & egg salad.
Up at 4.20am! I'd only been in bed for a couple hours at that time ha ha. My kids are adults now so no longer get woken up early. I'm waiting for my Foxgloves to start making an appearance, I thought they'd come through by now this time last year. maybe I'm wrong?
Your food sounds so good. Hope today goes well

@Susie58 I think the winter was milder last year so everything was a bit earlier? Hard to know for me as most people don’t have Highlands weather hahaha but the beginning of the first lockdown was v mild here. I have adult children (left home), teens, primary and toddler...for my sins. None of them slept as badly as youngest. If I’d had her first I’d have stuck with one 🤣. I’m actually bored of my meals at minute, so new recipes. Found an interesting one for cheesy tomato soup...like cheese in toast with Heinz tomato soup I’m hoping! I’ll try in week.

I'm going to make some keto bread. Did you buy the bread or make it? Any recipe recommendations?
The one I use is a very quick microwave one - 1tbsp Mayo (or butter/oil), 1 large egg, 3Tbsp ground almonds, 1/4tsp baking powder. Mix in a small slice-sized container or mug, microwave for 90s. Can be split, can be toasted. I’ve heard amazing things about brand called Seriously Low Carb, their rolls are meant to be amazing but I’m trying to keep costs down so this one will do.

Had an unhealthy day today really. 90s toast with butter & peanut butter and lunch was mug cake and sour cream. Just couldn’t be arsed to eat tbh. And wanted comfort food. Tomorrow is another day and another week though, time to re-motivate myself!
Tomorrow: B - tea, lots of it.
L - scrambled eggs & shallots
D - corned beef, mushrooms & beansprouts.
Water, water, water!!

Apps our Co-op doesn’t sell beansprouts! Was so annoyed. Had a gigantic cheese salad for lunch instead. Going to try and do a 24 hour fast now.

5am wake up so not as bad, though spent half an hour certain today was Saturday. Gutted hahahaha. Sat with a cuppa, cat on my lap, Beebies on quietly and daughter cuddled in.
I really really need to work out a plan to drink more fluids. I have a gallstone already so really should be! I just don’t like the taste of water, shamed as I have beautiful Scottish water in my taps. I can enjoy a glass with each meal but it’s the in-between I struggle with and would much prefer tea or squash. Maybe I’ll challenge myself to a month of writing water intake down on the calendar, see how much I can do and by end it will be habit I hope.

I've been doing better by making myself a drink with some lemon juice in it. I'm also using salt and cream of tartar as homemade electrolytes. I'm having one before I break my fast. Sometimes I'm on my second one. It's a 690 ml lock n lock mixer drinking cup. I don't drink enough if I have it in a regular glass, even if I have a jugful I intend to drink.

In the same Ali, I bought a 750ml bottle as a treat and can manage to drink much more from that water-wise than glasses. I much prefer my salt/lemon ones than plain though.

Today my youngest is two!! She has quite significant delays in all areas and will need 1:1 support when starts nursery & school but she is such an absolute joy. My four year old helped me make banoffee cake last night - I made her lick the spoon at the end so I wasn’t tempted...she didn’t complain 😆.
Forgot to have dinner last night as was busy, means I clearly wasn’t hungry though! (Had had breakfast and lunch.)
Today’s food: B - scrambled eggs & shallots, L - chicken tikka and coke grabbed whilst food shopping, D - vegetable soup.
We are having the four year old’s best friend round in the back garden after nursery for a wee birthday party, first time in a year we’ve had anybody round and I’m drained just thinking about it. It’ll be good for them though, that’s what matters.

5am wake up so not as bad, though spent half an hour certain today was Saturday. Gutted hahahaha. Sat with a cuppa, cat on my lap, Beebies on quietly and daughter cuddled in.
I really really need to work out a plan to drink more fluids. I have a gallstone already so really should be! I just don’t like the taste of water, shamed as I have beautiful Scottish water in my taps. I can enjoy a glass with each meal but it’s the in-between I struggle with and would much prefer tea or squash. Maybe I’ll challenge myself to a month of writing water intake down on the calendar, see how much I can do and by end it will be habit I hope.

I write down my water allowance for the day & cross off each 300mls as I go. I also drink the water tepid as it's much easier to drink it that way.

PS: I think I may have accidentally remove all of the foxglove leaves thinking they were leaves :rolleyes:. Time will tell I suppose.

Today my youngest is two!! She has quite significant delays in all areas and will need 1:1 support when starts nursery & school but she is such an absolute joy. My four year old helped me make banoffee cake last night - I made her lick the spoon at the end so I wasn’t tempted...she didn’t complain 😆.
Forgot to have dinner last night as was busy, means I clearly wasn’t hungry though! (Had had breakfast and lunch.)
Today’s food: B - scrambled eggs & shallots, L - chicken tikka and coke grabbed whilst food shopping, D - vegetable soup.
We are having the four year old’s best friend round in the back garden after nursery for a wee birthday party, first time in a year we’ve had anybody round and I’m drained just thinking about it. It’ll be good for them though, that’s what matters.

Happy Birthday to your daughter. Hope the party goes well.

4lb loss this week, week 12. Total of 2 stones. Very happy. 5 to go, and I know I can do it.
Today’s food: L - poached eggs on 90s toast, D - spicy beef and beansprouts.
Last day of term for us today. Very cold. We are going to go and pick gorse flowers later (so prickly 😆) to boil up as yellow dye for eggs on Sunday. And walk the beach, it was really windy last night so there may be interesting beach-combing. Sadly we always have to take a bag with us for rubbish we find washed in. A couple of days ago my husband found an entire electric strimmer washed in!! 😳😭

That's a great start. 28% of the excess shed! I look forward to hearing how the egg colouring goes.

Thanks Ali, I’m just going to plod on, I know low carb works for me and whilst I know I still have my serious food issues I can work on them whilst also losing weight. Sounds good!

Well today’s food has changed, I did lunch of scrambled eggs & beansprouts (kind of like egg foo yung) but whilst eating it a lot/all of my temporary root canal has come out. I still have 12 days till I go back to dentist so I really hope pain doesn’t get awful. I’ve only had a hot Bovril to drink since; being wimpy hahaha.

Oooh. You may need a quick visit to dental A&E or emergency appointment at yr dentist. Fingers crossed.

The emergency appointment to put the temporary root canal in took ages to come through, they need full ppe for it...I’d already had a quick emergency apt to assess it. I did work out a good painkiller regime whilst waiting, I’ll try that for as long as possible. 11 days to go. (I live VERY rurally, our access to even emergency services not in lockdown is severely limited.)

Today I’ll try and have scrambled eggs and some thick vegetable soup. Maybe a soya milk and berry and almond, or coconut, smoothie. Think I’ll be giving the full roast I’m making the family on Sunday a miss, boohoo.

Back