It can be done - My before's and Afters

Well done you, ya look great!
:)

Thanks!

Well done you, ya look great

well slim anyway, as the wife says, good body shame about the face. :D

Last edited:
Wow Jim.. You are an inspiration! A great reminder to us all that it can be achieved.

How long have you been at goal for now?
Atkins worked really well for me some years back now I kept the weight off that I lost and have never put it back on.. never let myself - I don't eat meat these days though so can't go back to Atkins - this is what stopped me on it in the end.

Hi PH, over 3 years now, I'm pleased you have maintained the weight loss, that's where so may great looser's fail.

Thanks for the comments. :)

Thanks Jim, sadly the rest of my weight loss through CD didn't stay off but it's my fault and I know it! So am back to change it.
The weight I lost with atkins is never ever going back on!! :) I do think that trying to keep weight off is a daily thought process.. . :)

That's a shame about the CD, yes even though I'm in maint PH, I still think about what I'm eating, OK I don't have to think as much as when I was on induction but I do still think1 Believe me, I'm never, ever going to put that weight back on.

You are a great advocate and inspiration Jim. :) Thanks for chatting. I do need to get myself to goal and then sort my head out to monitor what I'm eating more. I am an emotional eater - good and bad emotions so it is always going to be a problem, lately I have realised it is a lifelong one, but only I can 'manage' it. :)

I agree with that PH, in the end the only person who can sort your head out is you. Spot on.

I wasn't an emotional eater, I just ate and ate and ate.

I realise I must have the addiction gene, I ate, I drank (and some) I smoked.

I have gained control of my weight. I'm in the process of stopping smoking, and I only drink a couple of bottles of wine a week, unfortunately that's all in one night on a Friday :eek: :sigh:

But hey, it used to be 10 pints of Guiness a night, so that's an improvement isn't it.

WOW JIM! well done!
u've inspried me and many other by the sounds of it!

Hi lili, thank you, thank you very much.

Wow Jim, what an amazing loss! Thank you so much for sharing your pictures, they have really spurred my husband on x

And me, of course!..Just its nice for a man to see other men who have achieved what can sometimes seem like the unachievable :D

Reactions: Jim
I agree with that PH, in the end the only person who can sort your head out is you. Spot on.

I wasn't an emotional eater, I just ate and ate and ate.

I realise I must have the addiction gene, I ate, I drank (and some) I smoked.

I have gained control of my weight. I'm in the process of stopping smoking, and I only drink a couple of bottles of wine a week, unfortunately that's all in one night on a Friday :eek: :sigh:

But hey, it used to be 10 pints of Guiness a night, so that's an improvement isn't it.

Well done on tackling your other issues too. :) If drinking 2 bottles of wine on a friday is what works at the moment then that's great, especially if you're not drinking 10 pints a night! ;) I do admire people that manage to quit smoking as I know if someone said 'puddings are killing you, you HAVE to quit'.. I'd struggle like hell! lets face it being obese means they ARE killing me really, just I'm not listening! :rolleyes: BUT.. I have changed my 'diet' as in what I eat even without coming back to CD. I haven't lost weight but I am healthier in general. CD is my step to making sure I sort my weight out whilst sorting my head! lol

Well.. lets hope we manage our ultimate goals in our lifetimes eh!?

((hugs))

Reactions: Jim
Nannis, I'm really pleased if I have motivated your Hubby love, and you of course.

BUT.. I have changed my 'diet' as in what I eat even without coming back to CD. I haven't lost weight but I am healthier in general. CD is my step to making sure I sort my weight out whilst sorting my head! lol

Well that's it really PH, you have to have the head sorted first love. Thanks for the hug, that makes me feel good. :)

Fantastic Jim! You are an inspiration!

Thanks TT, it makes me feel good.

Thanks KayMarie :)

hi jim thats amazing. bravo
I wish i could do half of it hoe did u do initially were you alway on atkin diet. you are real inspiration.

Hi warrior, yes I did Atkins all the way, started in 2002 and I have been on maintenance since mid 2006.

Thanks for the comments. :)

Back