It might not be showing on the scales, but....

Discussion in 'Dukan Diet' started by Taffy Girl, 9 September 2011 Social URL.

1. Taffy Girl

Taffy Girl Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st6.5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.24%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    I am shrinking. :D

Last Christmas my Mum gave me 2 pairs of nice black trousers for my SIL for work. They were a size 12. At the time I was wearing a size 18-20 and almost 3 stone heavier than I am now. For some reason they didnt go to my SIL and have ended up in my "clothes I want to fit into" wardrobe.

I was feeling a little down about my gain this week so I thought I'd go and try on my "Half a Cooker suit" (a size 14 monsoon suit that cost the same as half a cooker and I bought in 2001 when we had just moved into our house and didnt have a cooker!) This suit has not fitted me since my MIL washed and shrunk it in 2003 - but I do try it on regularly for size. For the first time in forever I was able to comfortably do the jacket up (and move my arms lol). The dress is about 3-4" too tight on the boobs - but I got the zip up past my waist and the skirt bit was positively roomy!

I then tried on the 2 pairs of size 12 trousers just to see how much too small they actually were ..... and couldn't believe my eyes when I could actually do them up. OK I have a huge muffin top and they are really too small - but I have today squeezed my butt into a size 12. Woo Hoo!

So the moral of this happy tale is dont worry too much about the numbers on the scale - there may be other ways to feel good about yourself. ;)

Anyway I am off to buy a pair of size 14 trousers for work - before I have an embarrassing moment with my very baggy size 16s!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. willbefabulousat26

willbefabulousat26 Likes to Dukan

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(13.74%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    You have done tremendously well Taffy! So thrilled for you! Fitting into smaller clothes is the best feeling isn't it?! and a brilliant excuse for a shopping spree ;) You'll be in those Size 12s in no time! :D

4. Vixx

Vixx Full Member

Start Weight:
    294lb
    Current Weight:
    218.3lb
    Goal Weight:
    179lb
    Lost(%):
    75.7lb(25.75%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting plus clean eating
    Congratulations! That's a really fantastic achievement. I've been holding on to a few things hoping to get into them at some point - hopefully not too far away.

5. missfitness25

missfitness25 last diet.......EVER!!

Start Weight:
    12st9lb
    Current Weight:
    10st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(14.69%)
    Diet:
    dukan
    Go Girl.........Go!! Well done you.
    It is brilliant when you can easily 'double' your wardrobe by fitting into favourite clothes again.
    I think my scales have been on strike as well, as I am still noticing on my clothes, but not a jot on the scales. But then we don't walk around with our weight printed on our foreheads, its our we look & feel thats important!!

6. Lindasjb

Lindasjb Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st1lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(10.32%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Woop! Congratulations! That's amazing! :D :D xxx

7. wheesht

wheesht Just keep swimming...

Start Weight:
    12st4lb
    Current Weight:
    9st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    2st6lb(19.77%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Congratulations to you and your size 12 butt Taffy!!!! Brilliant! :0clapper: :D

8. CC

CC Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st6.2lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9.7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6.3lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10.5lb(14.06%)
    Diet:
    Dukan Diet
    a Wooooo hooooo!!!! :)

9. HanSpan

HanSpan Member

Start Weight:
    12st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.76%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Congratulations!

I have trousers all over the sizes now as no-one seems able to be standard even within the same dratted shop! Currently in a pair of M&S 12s, knowing full well there's a different M&S size 14 on the door my a**e won't squeee into!

My chartreuse linen 'I don't care what size these are but I BLOODY WANT TO TAKE THEM ON HOLIDAY' trousers are my current true goal. Fly out 2 October and fear I need to lose at least another 8lb (not going to happen without a miracle!)
    May have to be my never worn M&S expensive stripy linen trousers as secondary goal - that would cheer me up a bit but as listed as a 14 and I somehow sychologically feel I've lready slimmed down to a 14 I resent the fact my a**e just won't fit so the joy of when they do will be diminshed,

I wouldn't mind so much but my house is littered with random 12 through 16 (or American supposed equivalents) and I've not a clue which may or may not fit!

Maybe we should all start a large warehouse where we could swap as we constantly drift up and down the size ranges - I could clothe an army as, every time I throw out a load, my weight moves and I wish I hadn't disguarded so much as I only have have to have another shopping spree.

sorry - rant over;)

10. chica1977

chica1977 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.17%)
    Diet:
    Was Slimming World / Now Dukan
    Well done Taffy Girl :) Such a fab feeling when clothes finally fit (or fit again!). I had to 'drill' another hole in my belt this morn .. happy dukan days xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.