It might not be showing on the scales, but....

Taffy Girl

I am shrinking. :D

Last Christmas my Mum gave me 2 pairs of nice black trousers for my SIL for work. They were a size 12. At the time I was wearing a size 18-20 and almost 3 stone heavier than I am now. For some reason they didnt go to my SIL and have ended up in my "clothes I want to fit into" wardrobe.

I was feeling a little down about my gain this week so I thought I'd go and try on my "Half a Cooker suit" (a size 14 monsoon suit that cost the same as half a cooker and I bought in 2001 when we had just moved into our house and didnt have a cooker!) This suit has not fitted me since my MIL washed and shrunk it in 2003 - but I do try it on regularly for size. For the first time in forever I was able to comfortably do the jacket up (and move my arms lol). The dress is about 3-4" too tight on the boobs - but I got the zip up past my waist and the skirt bit was positively roomy!

I then tried on the 2 pairs of size 12 trousers just to see how much too small they actually were ..... and couldn't believe my eyes when I could actually do them up. OK I have a huge muffin top and they are really too small - but I have today squeezed my butt into a size 12. Woo Hoo!

So the moral of this happy tale is dont worry too much about the numbers on the scale - there may be other ways to feel good about yourself. ;)

Anyway I am off to buy a pair of size 14 trousers for work - before I have an embarrassing moment with my very baggy size 16s!

You have done tremendously well Taffy! So thrilled for you! Fitting into smaller clothes is the best feeling isn't it?! and a brilliant excuse for a shopping spree ;) You'll be in those Size 12s in no time! :D

Congratulations! That's a really fantastic achievement. I've been holding on to a few things hoping to get into them at some point - hopefully not too far away.

Go Girl.........Go!! Well done you.
It is brilliant when you can easily 'double' your wardrobe by fitting into favourite clothes again.
I think my scales have been on strike as well, as I am still noticing on my clothes, but not a jot on the scales. But then we don't walk around with our weight printed on our foreheads, its our we look & feel thats important!!

Congratulations!

I have trousers all over the sizes now as no-one seems able to be standard even within the same dratted shop! Currently in a pair of M&S 12s, knowing full well there's a different M&S size 14 on the door my a**e won't squeee into!

My chartreuse linen 'I don't care what size these are but I BLOODY WANT TO TAKE THEM ON HOLIDAY' trousers are my current true goal. Fly out 2 October and fear I need to lose at least another 8lb (not going to happen without a miracle!)
May have to be my never worn M&S expensive stripy linen trousers as secondary goal - that would cheer me up a bit but as listed as a 14 and I somehow sychologically feel I've lready slimmed down to a 14 I resent the fact my a**e just won't fit so the joy of when they do will be diminshed,

I wouldn't mind so much but my house is littered with random 12 through 16 (or American supposed equivalents) and I've not a clue which may or may not fit!

Maybe we should all start a large warehouse where we could swap as we constantly drift up and down the size ranges - I could clothe an army as, every time I throw out a load, my weight moves and I wish I hadn't disguarded so much as I only have have to have another shopping spree.

sorry - rant over;)

Well done Taffy Girl :) Such a fab feeling when clothes finally fit (or fit again!). I had to 'drill' another hole in my belt this morn .. happy dukan days xx

Back