It's A Man's World

FatOllie

I'm a man who just joined SW last week and this forum today. Looking around, it seems that the forum is just like the physical SW - almost totally female!

One of the things that attracted me to SW is that I'd heard of a few men for whom it had worked well so I thought I'd start a thread where men can share their particular experiences. ;)

-------------------------------------------
(Note to moderator - I've had a quick look around and don't see any thread like this but it's a very big forum; if you want to move this thread to an existing one covering the same ground, that's fine.

I'm not a man but I just wanted to say hello & welcome. My husband has lost 6lbs in 4 weeks by loosely following the plan, not bad at all as he only had around 1 stone to loose.

Hi FatOllie,

I'm not male either but there are a few of them around here. Those that stick with it do really well - see Maximus and ColJack as 2 names that spring to mind straight away but there are others.

Good luck. Keep us posted.

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

I'm not male either! But thought I'd say hello and :welcome: and let you know about my my friend David who lost 6 stones with SW last year - it works amazingly well for men - some would say too quickly and well :mad: :8855:

Hi There.
I joined our local SW group and I was one of only 3 men in a group of 40+ women.
Having been going now for 8 weeks I must say that I enjoy the banter and the food that you can eat, I have lost almost 2st and I have become the experimental recipe cook!
So far: Jambulaya, turkey twizzlers, KFC drumsticks, summer puddings,pizzas,mini quiches,pasties & diet coke boiling bacon. Luckly I have a great consultant........
Stick with it.
Pete

Good luck. Keep us posted.

Gail x
WOW Gail, I'm looking at your stats and see a loss of 69.5 lbs from last August, more importantly your BMI down from 41.1 to 29.5

That's encouraging, I have coronary problems - 4 stents put in 3.5 years ago, a fifth one 15 months ago and going now for another angiogram in 3 weeks time.

I've got most of my lifestyle issues under control - stopping smoking was the big one :cool:- but haven't been able to get anywhere with my weight. My current BMI is 35 and my immediate aim is to get it under 30 to move me from 'obese' to 'overweight' :)

I've set a target for year end of 4 stone (56 lbs) which I thought was maybe a bit ambitious but seeing the results from people like you is very encouraging.

Haven't posted here for a while - in fact nobody has posted here for a while so I thought I'd resurrect the thread in case any other males are lurking on the forum :)

11 weeks in SW and I've lost 22 lbs, I'm over the moon and so are my family who were getting really worried about how my weight was ballooning.

Best thing is my wife can't nag anymore if I decide to break out once in a while :D

(Mind you, she'll still kill me if she reads that ;))

Haven't posted here for a while - in fact nobody has posted here for a while so I thought I'd resurrect the thread in case any other males are lurking on the forum :)

11 weeks in SW and I've lost 22 lbs, I'm over the moon and so are my family who were getting really worried about how my weight was ballooning.

Best thing is my wife can't nag anymore if I decide to break out once in a while :D

(Mind you, she'll still kill me if she reads that ;))

another non male, wishing you well and congratulations on your loses and hoping your feeling better

Well co male here, I was a member of SW/WW/US they all work when applied as directed and followed through. But relating to sw I surely enjoyed it and was losing weight. However I had a problem with weekly visits to the scales, I prefer weighing monthly, so I stopped sw as well as other weight loss plan/programmes. I am following my own low fat/sugar less carb plan and losing weight. However good luck on your journey and be mindful "that all weight loss programmes work when you work them"

I'm male. Welcome to the club. SW is great - really working for me so far and I find the plan very easy to follow. Actually enjoying my food now than I was before.

This is a great place to keep you on track and the recipes bit is brilliant.

My hubby has lost the best part of 2.5 stone while I've been on the plan - he's very chuffed with himself and actually got back into a pair of jeans he didn't think he'd ever get back into and was planning to throw out! xx

My OH joined SW with me back in May and he has lost something in the region of 2 1/2 stone so far... he seems to lose far more quickly than I do... even the weeks where he's been naughty!

Back