It's a new Jax attack!

Well then !

Jumped off the wagon, feet first and landed with an almighty thud!

It was my nieces 18th 3 days ago and I have ignored the fact that I should be low carbing-have put on 2lbs. Serves me right:(

Anyway,that's done with. I have booked Monday off from work, so I can get back on track.
I am without a CD counsellor for another week or so, waiting for a lady to return off of her holidays, then will contact her and get this all sorted!

Haven't looked at the boards as I have been 'hiding' myself away-ashamed of the lack of willpower and determination.! I thought I had it all under control a few days ago:confused:

So, am back AGAIN:eek:

Hope to report a good loss in a weeks time but, will still post whatever I weigh Sunday morning-ouch!

Jax

Hi Jax
I read a good analogy about weight loss journeys ....

If you're driving somewhere and get a puncture in your tyre, you don't pull over and poke holes in the other three tyres then stomp off home on foot - journey ended. No, you sort out the puncture in the one tyre then carry on with your trip.

You had a slip-up ... it's not the end of your journey by a long chalk. The fact you're on here and sharing with us proves you have the determination to see this through.
I admire you for that.

Many others would have skulked away, never to return - but not you. Here you are again ready to take another run at it ... Bravo Jax!! :)

Hi Jax
I read a good analogy about weight loss journeys ....

If you're driving somewhere and get a puncture in your tyre, you don't pull over and poke holes in the other three tyres then stomp off home on foot - journey ended. No, you sort out the puncture in the one tyre then carry on with your trip.

:)

O Debbie!

We have to do a thread on favourite quotes!!! That was fantastic and I am going to keep this one close to mind in the furture!

Love Mini xxx

Hello all !!!!
I am still here!!!
Waiting for a Counsellor to return off her hols so I can get started. Managed to keep that 4lbs off but, that's it. Could go into a big self pitying moan here but, I have done that and there's is no more to be gained by doing that-so I wont !! I can feel success around the corner but, desperate to get started on CD as soon as possible.
Hope you are all well and now going to read through all the posts!
Jax

Thanks Isobel,
I am sooooo ready to get this whole thing going but, as I have said before, I need a counsellor as I have a 'go' by myself with shop bought shakes but, it's just not the same. I need to have a counsellor-it's like going to school teacher with a good piece of work! Knowing you have lost weight and having someone see you can do it and then get the praise. Lol:)
But, it works-the Counsellor/Customer relationship is so important.
Anyway, only another week before I can start-hopefully?:confused:
Today, I have my first coffee and I have milkshakes lined up in the fridge and some lovely tiger prawns defrosting-so today is taken care of-just need to go and get some cat food and I will be in and out of that shop so fast, my feet will hardly touch the ground!!!
Have a good day all.
Love
Jax

Hello everyone,
I am still here! Not doing much about my weight other than crying into my pillow at night -I am not depressed, thankfully,that has passed but, am so frightened of the weight I am now at-terrified I am going to have a heart attack. Then I turn to food for comfort-how crazy is that!!!

I really do feel so ashamed and I ache all over-knees hurt and I am breathless on walking-that's the first time in my life that that has happened-sorry to moan.

I don't know where my determination and self belief has gone-but, if anyone has found it,please send it home to me !;)

Hope to have some good news soon. I said I would lose a stone by the end of September and I will do it. Got 15 days from tomorrow-so it is possible at my weight 20ST.4LBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will do it, I will. And I can.
Love
Jax

Hey Jax

I'd say its more than possible!!!! you have over two weeks and sure we all know we can nearly get a stone down in a week!!! head down, eyes on the prize and you will be there or there abouts i'd say!!!

hope you have a lovely evening

Gen xx

Hello everyone,
I am still here! Not doing much about my weight other than crying into my pillow at night -I am not depressed, thankfully,that has passed but, am so frightened of the weight I am now at-terrified I am going to have a heart attack. Then I turn to food for comfort-how crazy is that!!!

I really do feel so ashamed and I ache all over-knees hurt and I am breathless on walking-that's the first time in my life that that has happened-sorry to moan.

I don't know where my determination and self belief has gone-but, if anyone has found it,please send it home to me !;)

Hope to have some good news soon. I said I would lose a stone by the end of September and I will do it. Got 15 days from tomorrow-so it is possible at my weight 20ST.4LBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will do it, I will. And I can.
Love
Jax

Hi Jax,

You could be describing my life before starting this diet, word for word...

If I can do it so can you...I have had loads of slips and slides along the way but still chipping away and I am do feel I am learning.

My knee does not hurt anymore and I am not breathless and you know life is wonderful when you don't have to carry so much weight around...

Gaining weight is so sutle...it is like a thief in the night...you don't notice what he is taking from you until it is almost gone.

You have a couple of things in your favour, one is that your really fed up being fat and two you are hear posting and three you are planning to do something about it....

These are not the actions of a quitter...

Don't try and think about your weight in one big chuck as it is too overwhelming but break it down into mini goals and focus on doing one bit at a time...and like me you will chip away at it and your health will improve and you will get back your life the way you want it.

It takes time and there is no magic bullet...

As Icemoose says, "some people do a diet and others do a journey"!

I know I am on a journey...

Sending hugs and love...

Love Mini xxx

Awww Thanks Mini,
You are right-I am not a quitter! Had thought of myself as one untill a few minutes ago but, you are always so supportive and wise.
What would I, and others, do without you!

Hi Jax,

We know it is not that easy as shutting your mouth and counting calories etc., as some would have us believe.

For emotional eaters it is not really about physically hunger but emotional and I have found that while on a vlcd it gives you that break away from food that allows you the freedom to view things in a clear light without the distraction of food to sedate and dampen down the realities of the baggage in our lives that brought us to this.

With each stone you lose you will begin to feel the benefits and that is motivating...

It is a time not for being harsh on yourself but being gentle and each day you will reclaim a little of your own life back the way you want it and you will feel stronger and more able to do it...Your over senitivity to life and all around will fluctuate up and down and there will be lots more days of crying...some will be tears of joy as well as tears of grief.

But the tears for joy will be more as you near your main goal.

Love Mini xxx

Thanks for the support,girlies.
I cannot describe how totally 'fired up' I am to get going!
Have booked Monday and Tuesday off from work-as they are the days I feel my weakest-ready and willing to start tomorrow.
Been to the doctor today and asked to be referred to an Orthapeadic Surgeon to take a look at my knees(one keeps 'slipping' and the other is damaged from several falls)-so have to prove to myself I am able to lose weight and have my life back. Should have lost a fair bit of weight by the time my appoontment comes through.

The next four days will be tough but, I am worth the effort.

Love
Jax

Good morning,
I have woke up with the self belief I had when I went to bed last night-so am happy!!!

Weighed myself and cannot believe I am 20.4 but, that is all about to change very soon!:)

Had my first coffee of the day and will have a Tesco milkshake before I go out to take a couple of things to the post office. I have no need to go shopping as the pet foods are bought-as are all the other household bits and pieces.

Got my fingers crossed for contact with a CD counsellor over the weekend-found another possibility on their web page,so will try and get that sorted. In the meantime-it's good old Tesco milkshakes and a few Atkins type bars to keep me going.

I am excited at the prospect of being ( a possible) 3 stones lighter in 7-8 weeks-oooh bring it on:D

Hope you all have a successful day and stay well.

Hi Jax,

Still had no response from the CDC she must still be away. Hopefully you will be successful with other contact you have found of Webpage. I will keep trying.

Let me know how you get on.

Linda

Thanks Linda,
Just waiting for a Counsellor to ring me back-will let you know as soon as I hear from him.:)

Passing lots of water-that's a good sign!! Trying to keep busy-so house is having a good clean!! Am feeling a bit hungry-so going to have some more soup-had one earlier and it helped with the 'pangs'.
Feeling good!!!
Jax

Last edited:
Good morning,
Went to my friends daughters 'off to University Bar-B-Que' last night and can I say in my defence, they are Italians!!! Not eating!! It was like a red flag to a bull! I managed to eat salad and meat but, did have 4 glasses of red wine.

But, I have managed to lose 2lbs since yesterday so, that is a relief. I really did want to prove to myself that I can go out and not eat but, hey ho.! There was a chocolate fountain and I managed to resist- just looked at it lovingly. Lol

Looking forward to the week as I know I will be out of the 20st bracket.
Stay well all
Love
Jax

That will be such a good feeling when you leave those '20s' behind Jax: I jumped for joy when I left that darned number behind!

Now I'm just waiting to get out of the teens .... I was 13st dead last Thursday but am doing an AAM week (my first ever in 5 months) so I'm nervous I'll creep back up a pound or so by next Thursday .... I just want to get down to that next bracket!!! Impatient lot aren't we!! :)

Well done for resisting the choccie fountain - you're a star!

Back