its all changed since last time! SS & SS+....

Keeliewheeliebin

biker babe!
Hi! i am due to re-start Cd after stopping it well over a year ago. since Feb i think the guidelines changed and now there is SS and SS+!!! how confusing.
My new CDC says that if i want to do SS (three packs only) i have to visit my doctor and get a signature. otherwise i have to do SS+ and have 3 packs plus an 'add a meal' type meal or 4 packs plus milk. Now, i cant afford to pay for 4 packs a day (£55.30) so i have decided to just do 3 packs and not tell my CDC that im not 'adding a meal' (only on the 5th week as per the old routine). im doing it this way as i know that when i add food into the equation i tend to get carried away and have things i shouldnt or just put a little too much onto my plate (not the right quantity) is anyone else doing this? the whole point of me personally doing CD is to get away from food for a while.
do you all manage to add the meal sucessfully without having too much or the wrong things? im not sure im good enough or strong enough to resist temptation!!

Hi,

You do not have to get Doctors permission to do SS unless you are on meds or have a med condition.

It is the CDC who has to write to your GP as a matter of courtesy just to inform him you are on CD.

Linda

I completly understand that, sorry if i didnt put it in my original post! oops!
The way my new CDC told it to me though was different. She insisted i had to see the doc and get a signature. I havent met her yet and i didnt want to get into an argument so i just let it lie. I felt like if i said something we would be getting off on the wrong foot cos it would be like me telling her how to do her job. i just thought that id do it the old way and just not tell her. i feel a bit miffed really, as i will be doing SS and not SS+ likes she thinks ill be doing therefore i feel that im not being entirely straight with her. My old CDC from last time round was great but she lives too far away and my new CDC is a lot closer.
humph. whats a girl to do?

yeah, think i will. i know how the diet works for me from my experience last time so ill just do SS and no messing!!
Bit of a shame tho as she is a new-ish cdc round my way. thought she would have wanted to do things to the letter. never mind

wow mini! youre doing fantastic! thanks for the link to the guide. x

Back