ProPoints It's gonna take me a while, but I will get there!

lil miss chatterbox

Silver Member
Hi there, I am restarting again today, although this is the first time of trying propoints. I have ordered some books to help, but am looking for support. I am going to be following the plan from home, and will weigh in on Sunday's. Had a bit of a shock this morning when I weighed in at 22st 1lbs! Given I am a nursing mother, 29 years old, 5' 5" tall, and fairly inactive I calculated I can have 45 propoints a day, and 49 weeklies. Is this right?

Food diary for Sunday:
Breakfast: 50g rice crispies (5PP), 200ml semi skim milk (3PP), banana (0PP), Satsuma (0PP)
Lunch: 2 white bread (4PP), 4 slices chicken roll (3PP), q WW yoghurt (1PP), apple (0PP), crisps (4PP), 200ml orange juice (2PP)
Dinner: 100g roast lamb (5PP), roast parsnips (4PP), roast potatoes (4PP), 50g stuffing (3PP), broccoli (0PP), carrots (0PP), peas (1PP)
Snacks: necarine (0PP), pear (0PP), cheese curls (3PP), vanilla ice cream (3PP)

Total: 45/45PP :)

Mondays food diary:
Breakfast:50g cheerios (5PP), 200ml semi skim milk (3PP), banana (0PP), ww yoghurt (1PP)
Lunch: 400g tin vegetable soup (5PP), 2 slices bread (4PP), 200ml fruit juice (2PP), ww fromage frais (1PP)
Dinner: 1/2 bag boil in the bag rice (7PP), onion (0PP), peppers (0PP), lamb (5PP), curry sauce (3PP)
Snacks: apple (0PP), 5 shortbread fingers (9PP), 2 satsumas (0PP)

Total: 45/45

It's not been an easy first week, but I tried my best, but not had a chance to update on here. My DH ended up in hospital on Tuesday, and although looks much better now will still be in for a few days, so I have been pretty busy. I have got my books arrived in the post, so that should help me with planning.
So, I weighed in today, and I have lost 6lbs!:D very happy with that!

Hi
Here to subscribe and follow your journey on ww. Well done on your loss for week one x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

:welcome2: been another busy few days. Hubby still in hospital, but feeling loads better. He's had a CT scan, and is waiting for results.
Meanwhile I've stocked the cupboards up with low point foods, and been keeping a hand written diary.
I learnt a few truths about my portion sizes too. I weighed out what I would usually give myself as a portion of pasta, and found it wax literally double what it should have been, so I have reduced my plate size so normal portions don't look stingy, and I'm finding I'm still satisfied afterwards.
I also bought some sugar free worthers originals today, thinking they must be virtually no points, but I calculated them to be 5PP per 42g box. Probably worth it for me still, if it helps me to not snack on higher pro point foods!
Generally feeling good though, and am excited for weigh in on Sunday :)

Hey, know what you mean about portions of pasta etc! Have you tried filling and healthy before ? As that way you don't have to weigh the pasta etc as long as you choose the wholewheat versions. X

I haven't tried healthy and filling before, but I have info in my book. I'm trying to base meals on healthier choices. Definitely in the zone at the moment. And finally good news today - hubby's CT was clear, and if he manages to keep Sats up off oxygen later he may be home tomorrow :D

I haven't tried healthy and filling before, but I have info in my book. I'm trying to base meals on healthier choices. Definitely in the zone at the moment. And finally good news today - hubby's CT was clear, and if he manages to keep Sats up off oxygen later he may be home tomorrow :D

that's great news
fingers crossed for you then

Hubby is on way home! :D still on track, and got a pedometer in the post this afternoon, so I can track my activity, and increase over time.

Feeling flat today, struggling to find motivation. Hubby went back to hospital last night via ambulance suffering breathing difficulties. :( Maybe forcing myself to do something will help, or taking out my frustration with some exercise!

Feeling flat today, struggling to find motivation. Hubby went back to hospital last night via ambulance suffering breathing difficulties. :( Maybe forcing myself to do something will help, or taking out my frustration with some exercise!

Hope your husband is on the mend today x

Hubby still in, but feeling much better on the oxygen. Doctors are talking about possible return of asthma - he hasn't had it since childhood, and probably been brought on by the pneumonia. My daughter was sick this afternoon, so I won't be able to visit for a few days :( trying to pick myself up. Tomorrow is a new day :) I just feel like everything that can/will cause e stress and usually turns. me to food is trying to get at me because I'm trying to lose weight. Probably just my imagination! If I can find a new way of coping, I will. Succeed!

Feeling a bit better today, and weighed in with a 3lbs loss! :) Which I will gladly take, and move on. Now down to 43 daily PP's.

Back