Total Solution 'It's like being 19 again.....'

Hi

.......I'm a nurse too, so understand completely :)

The emotion thing during the first few days of Exante is very strange

.....I'm normally the most placid person on the planet, but my first week on the diet I could cheerfully have killed someone - over nothing at all :oops:

Thankfully it passed within a few days :)

I've been TS since January and feel great :D

Wow, just had a look at your numbers! Well done! You're amazing!!

Do you work long days? How do you manage the water thing? Even if drinking is not a problem finding the time for loo breaks is!?!

The rest of my day seemed to go a little better. Felt tired but didn't feel like I was going to have a tantrum every few minutes.

Had a big coffee on my last break so I can actually have something else now I'm home.
Problem is, I'm really not hungry. I'm worried that I'll either feel awful like I did earlier or my body will have a little food then spend several hours shouting 'BRING ME CHEESE!?'

Tomorrow will also be my first day home alone since before the summer holidays. Hubby only works term time so I've spent the last seven weeks praying for September. I love him much more when he's not always fricking there. But I also know home alone is my binge danger zone. Considered being out all day but as no one else see's mess or knows what the washing machine is for, I need to stay home and get some jobs done.

Might just send the cheese to work with the other half.

My goodness i know the feeling. I hate being home alone I start picking at anything I see just out of sheer boredom! Actually it got quite bad especially if I had cooked during the day if I was bored waiting for OH to get home I'd stand over the stove with a spoon and eat out of the pot. :eatdrink023::1461:

Mess?? Washing Machines?? Do you not have a fairy that comes to visit? Until my hubby had to stay home, the whole bleeding family thought that we had fairies that came in the night and cleared all their crap. The kids (youngest 17!!) still think that way whereas I smile to myself because hubby is now sorting all that out. I find that hubby tells me what he's done, like he's expecting a round of applause and a medal...numpty.

Anyway, I'm with you re the moods. I've just posted the same in my diary. I just hope it passes sooner rather than later.

If the binge-fairy is floating around your house tomorrow, just come on and post. It's sometimes enough to hold yourself accountable and get support from others.

My hubby has always cleaned the bathroom 'for me' or fed the kids 'for me'.

Errr....no....you buy wine 'for me' or run a bath 'for me'!

Finding posting on here and reading other peoples diaries really helping. More than I thought I would

Wow, just had a look at your numbers! Well done! You're amazing!!

Do you work long days? How do you manage the water thing? Even if drinking is not a problem finding the time for loo breaks is!?!

Thank you :)

.....a way to go yet, but I'm getting there :D

I work office hours - thankfully gave up shifts some years ago - so water isn't an issue

......though I do a fair bit of travel too :rolleyes:

You are doing great. As for that woman at work, even the medical profession now say that a VLCD diet is good for kick starting a diet when you have a lot of weight to lose. It gives you all the vitamins and minerals alongside only 600 calories, although you may need to add a multi-vitamin. Don't let friends, family and colleagues put you off. I told one friend and she reacted as if I said I was going to chew dog poop to lose weight. However, I have now lost over two stone and catching up quickly to her weight. She's carrying a couple of extra stone but I had over 6 to lose. In the past 10 weeks or so I've managed to lose a third of that. Many people lose more than me on Total Solution but I'm really happy with my loss so far.

The first week on Total Solution can be hard. At times I felt weak, emotional and occasionally nauseous and I was just about gnawing my arm off so I can completely understand how you feel. Athough everyone is different I found having a shake in the morning, a bar at lunchtime, a soup or meal like Pasta Carbonara at night with lots of water in between. I'd also have a coke zero (before they added citric acid) or a Dr Pepper Zero (currently £2 for 6 cans in Tesco) mid afternoon or in the evening. I drink sparkling water a lot of the time because it feels more of a treat. I buy the supermarket budget brand at 20p or less and refill a 500ml bottle and I always have water with my bar.

Also if you feel really hungry and craving something and you know you are going to give in, have another Exante product instead of the cheese etc. After a rocky start when I was eating everything including, pickles, cheese, spoonsful of tartare and horseradish sauce, and basically anything in a jar in the fridge door, I learned the hard way. So have four Exante instead of three that day. It doesn't bump you out of ketosis and you feel much better for it. If you are drinking a lot of water it should curb some of your hunger, but maybe not the cravings. With your job, if you are active a lot of the time you are probably burning more calories than most of us. The time it takes to get into ketosis is the worst, which is why the first week is hard. Once you have Ketosis working in your favour, are eating your Exante and drinking loads of water you actually feel better not just physically but emotionally. It's like a diet zen zone.

You'll be looking at yourself in a couple of months and thinking "wow, my clothes are really loose".

You can do it. You will do it. I hope it goes really well for you.

All Tips about surviving at home would be gratefully received, have first day off for weeks, don't want to eat through my bar supply lol!

All Tips about surviving at home would be gratefully received, have first day off for weeks, don't want to eat through my bar supply lol!

Yes please! It was last weekend that I really slipped up and here is the week end again. Busy work days really help me stay on track.

If you have any chocolate shakes or vanilla shakes, why not make a hot drink. I use 2-3 times the normal amount of water and sometimes a tiny bit of sweetener in the chocolate, or coffee in the vanilla shake. I find them more filling. Keep busy today and keep drinking lots of water, and maybe a few cups of black or green tea, or coffee. If you can get away from the family, treat yourself to a pampering bath or maybe a walk around the shops to see the new winter ranges. You don't need to buy anything but seeing what you could be buying when you get either to target or close to target can be really motivating. Maybe have the bar at lunchtime and soup for supper.

Back