Its my 2nd week and not lost anything!!

Hi guys I'm really struggling with SW as Ive not lost anything since I started. (well maybe 2 pounds but thats debatable)

Was wondering what I'm doing soooooo wrong. I eat a lot of free foods like fruit, veg, pasta etc then maybe a few biscuits as a treat valued at 1/2 a syn.

I am in college so don't do a lot of exercise however i walk up and down 5 flights of stairs till I'm huffing an puffing each time I go up and down them do this several times a day plus I walk everywhere.

What is going on I feel so down I haven't achieved anything :(

Last edited:
Could you post a food diary or an example of your average day so we can get a better idea of what you are eating? What plan are you following? are you having your healthy extras? Which biscuits are you eating which are half a syn each? The only ones I know of are sainsbury's mini biscuits but they're tiny - other biscuits can be up to 5 syns!

You should have between 5-15 syns per day also.

I have 2 weetabix with 250ml of semi-skimmed milk (if that i don't really like milk) as my healthy A and B choice

I have maybe a baked potato no filling with salad or pasta with a tomato sauce or the light super noodles or spaghetti hoops 205g can

a muller light and lots of fruit like apples and grapes are (my favourite) I tend to eat these things several times a day

Then either pasta or chicken breast and veg for my dinner

The biscuits are Tesco value plain chocolate digestive biscuits. I typed it in the syns calculator for an individual biscuit and it said 1/2 a syn I couldn't believe it either so i have about 4 of then maybe a few more depends how I'm feeling.

I have no idea what i am doing wrong even the pasta sauce I make myself with tinned tomatoes and garlic and onions etc. Please help if you have any idea whats happening :( xx

Heya, sorry to hear you are down about weightloss with SW.
I too had a rocky start, I started on the 16th August and lost 3.5lb my 1st week, but then put on 1.5lb the following week...I have stuck with SW as it is a healthy way to lose weight (currently lost 5lb now) and am happy with this, although it isn't as big as some peoples losses, I have to realise that I do not have masses to lose to start with and my other downfall I found was I was eating too big a portion of freefood!
Now you biscuits sound extremely low syned, either the site made a mistake or you read it wrong or there are so fantastic biscuits that we are all blissfully unaware that exists on minimins! Must look into this myself...if i am right, they have got to be at least 4 syns each, so therefore 4 of them a day is all your syns... but don't quote me on this as I am no pro.

Stick with it SW though, give it a little more time.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Last edited:
I think a digestive choc is usually 4 syns. If so you usually have 5-15 syns per day - 4 of these takes you over the limit they recommend. THose who lose the most tend to be closer to the 5 syns.

I dont like milk so have fat free fruit yoghurt on muelsi or porridge with water and add fruit. Both taste fine.

The fat free super noodles are quite calorific - be careful I have them no more than twice a week.

I used the online diary to record what I ate and that showed my weaknesses -mainly sauce like ketchup and bits that added up. Once I knew I adjusted wasnt too hard.

I have 2 weetabix with 250ml of semi-skimmed milk (if that i don't really like milk) as my healthy A and B choice

I have maybe a baked potato no filling with salad or pasta with a tomato sauce or the light super noodles or spaghetti hoops 205g can

a muller light and lots of fruit like apples and grapes are (my favourite) I tend to eat these things several times a day

Then either pasta or chicken breast and veg for my dinner

The biscuits are Tesco value plain chocolate digestive biscuits. I typed it in the syns calculator for an individual biscuit and it said 1/2 a syn I couldn't believe it either so i have about 4 of then maybe a few more depends how I'm feeling.

I have no idea what i am doing wrong even the pasta sauce I make myself with tinned tomatoes and garlic and onions etc. Please help if you have any idea whats happening :( xx

Okay so are you following Extra Easy? If so you need to have 1/3 super free food with each meal (super free is fruit and veg which is free on all plans). There is no super free with your breakfast so that would be the place to start.

Your other meals look fine as well as mullers (are you counting syns for these? they're not all free) and the fruit is good too.

If they are full size chocolate digestives then they will definitely not be half a syn. How many calories is in 1 biscuit? For foods with no free food in them (biscuits, crisps, chocolate etc) 20 calories=1 syn.

Other than that the only thing I can think of is portion sizes - are you eating massive portions? still eating when you are full?

Are you cooking with oil or frylight?

If it's none of that then I don't know what it could be but it sounds like something is definitely stalling you.

I shall deffos look into my breakfast cereal is just a quick option in the morning before i run out the door. My Mullers are free the raspberry and cranberry flavour is my favourite. Theres 85 calories in the 1 biscuit but I think I'll maybe stop eating them heres the link with all the nutritional values. Tesco Value Plain Chocolate Digestives 300G - Groceries - Tesco Groceries

I hate cooking with oils i have the frylight spray if I was to ever use oil.

Maybe I should try cutting my portions down I don't feel they are massive but maybe I am cooking more.

On a sunday my mum buys a cooked chicken from the deli at Tesco with the skin still on it how many points is in that I never thought about it but I bet that has loads??

Thanks a bunch ladies you are helping me millions :D!! xx

Back