its never to late to start again x

broadsbean

Gold Member
that's my new motto, been here done this and gained it all back :cry: now its time to do it all again and hopefully keep it off this time.
my head space is better now,i have control of my anxiety and panic issues at least some of the time and feel ready to take my life back.

So new start, new rules and new attitude.

Rule no 1: no numbers, they hang me up. i become obsessed and if i am not happy with the no i lose the plot. I know my body, i know when i am doing this right. i am aiming for visible results not numerical results.

the rest i will make up as i go along :D

join me if you will, i promise bad spelling, rambling comments and details of my successes and failures.

Rule no 2: no classes, i panic too easily and find it difficult in social situations. my weight loss last time slowed down once i went to class.
not the fault of the class but of me, of my hang ups so support from here and other online groups.

Rule no 3: honesty, with my self and with this diary seeing things in writing allows me to accept them and move on

so day one officially x meals planned shopping delivered, how ever did i manage before shopping delivery, a trip to the super market nearly always resulted in overeating situation and bad choices, now i can plan, and shop for what i need only. much better control

todays plan

brunch : scrambled egg, mushroom and tomatoes, 2 slices wm toast (400g loaf) (hex b)

afternoon tea: muller yog and mango chunks

dinner : home made burgers, paprika wedges, baked beans and mixed salad

i always struggle with hex a as i don't drink milk or use a lot of cheese , may use a small slice on the burger. At my age i should really take more note as calcium is so important. wondering if i should take a supplement :confused:.
no syns built in but will add them in as i use them :)

Think i am going to make a curry loaf this afternoon, some thing to pick on if needed.

hubby has decided to join me, so i have weighed him :D not hung up on his no's lol

Hey Mandy, welcome back, good to hear from you. All the best with your new start.

:D:D:D:D:D:D
hello patsy so good to see a familiar face x
yep back again, gonna say for the last time as not intending to go away again.
Doesn't really matter if nobody reads it,if nothing else this gives me a place to ramble lol

Been goal setting today ( avoiding the house work:rolleyes: ) small goals like being 100 % on track.

Goal one to feel better when walking when i go to london in oct, i injured my leg in feb while walking the dog and have had mobility issues since. its a long time since i walked her and i miss it so goal two is start doing this again.

The ultimate goal is to feel good and confident when my daughter gets married in 2 years time. I want to be able to be on her photos with out being ashamed or worried i am ruining them.
she has moved the date by a year as she too wants to lose weight, a joint incentive x

so got bored this afternoon and after my sister had said she was baking i decided to as well :D Slimming world style :D

i looked around some what and found some in date long forgotten scanbran cool, i thought scan bran cake but didn't have all the ingredients i used to use so on futher routing i came up with a plan and currently have a choc fudge cake in the oven. having seen one of the ingredients hubby is not sure but hey ho it's worth a try. results to follow x if it works its 11 syns for the whole cake

Last edited:
so results now in the cake was not to bad not perfect needs some tweaks but edible :)

think next time i will exchange one of the scan bran for a weetabix and use some flavouring vanilla or nutmeg maybe the special ingredient made it quite light which was my plan :D

will share the recipe when i am happy with it x

:D:D:D:D:D:D
hello patsy so good to see a familiar face x
yep back again, gonna say for the last time as not intending to go away again.
Doesn't really matter if nobody reads it,if nothing else this gives me a place to ramble lol

Been goal setting today ( avoiding the house work:rolleyes: ) small goals like being 100 % on track.

Goal one to feel better when walking when i go to london in oct, i injured my leg in feb while walking the dog and have had mobility issues since. its a long time since i walked her and i miss it so goal two is start doing this again.

The ultimate goal is to feel good and confident when my daughter gets married in 2 years time. I want to be able to be on her photos with out being ashamed or worried i am ruining them.
she has moved the date by a year as she too wants to lose weight, a joint incentive x
I like the sound of your goals and I agree the numbers can really mess with your head so best not to get too obsessed with them. Your ultimate goal sounds fab and if your daughter is working on it too that should help both of you.

I look forward to the scan bran recipe when it has been perfected, :D

so day 2 :D still feeling positive still feeling motivated

meals today ,

breakfast: boiled egg and soldiers (hexb and hexa) mango

lunch : hummous 30% fat free small pot, carrot batons just need to sort out the syns on this ( useing the 20 cals = 1 syn, i am thinking 7.5 syns )

dinner: lean pork steak, roasted onion, tomatoes, mixed peppers, small baked potato

snacks : tassimo hot choc (2.5 syns) donut peach

off to the parents for tea, this is not always easy as my mother has a tendency to say things like, should you be eating that :rolleyes: she is of the diet school of thought that says you can only lose weight by eating nothing. sadly some of my food issues come from my mum. Don't get me wrong i love her to death but this is an area that she just can't get her head around.

i have had to sort hubby out with his tea before i go otherwise he will either not eat or eat something daft :D typical man

well didn't have any lunch, wasn't really hungry and it has taken me decades to learn not to eat for the sake of it :(
i only cracked this this year and really don't won't to go back to eating for any other reason but hunger

planning to have 2 pink and whites later with my hot choc

total syns for the day 7.5 .

i am a little concerned that this might be to low but it does give me room to play with if necessary in a flexi synning sort of way :)

A bit of cooking and planning going on today as i am working the weekend, 2 13 hour shifts coming up. going to put a chilli in the slow cooker and have made a rice salad for my lunch ( was making one for hubby for work today so thought i would get a head start :) )

need to work out sunday but think that might be slow cooked baked potatoes, not tried this before, with tuna and beans will sort out sundays lunch tomorrow night but am planning sandwich yog and a packet of pops ( just need to check syns)

for my first break i have got weetabix, greek yog and blueberries. all this planning :rolleyes: so unlike me.

todays meals are a bit mixed up as hubby is working and need to have main meal before he went out but its all on plan :)

no breakfast, i very rarely eat breakfast can't face food when i first get up. i know i should be again not going to eat just for the sake of it

brunch : gammon, beans, mushrooms and hash browns ( 6 syns )

Tea : rice salad ( made so much it will do my tea as well :D) basically it savoury rice with cucumber, tomatoes, onion and boiled egg seasoned with salt pepper and a dash of aromat,muller yog

snacks :donut peach, hoummous (4 syns) carrot batons 2 alpen light bars (hexb) 14 syns in total for the day

always a bit nervous when i eat all my syns, i have planned them today because i am on my own this evening and this is where i am likely to pick. also i haven't used many so far so it shouldn't do any harm.
just realised i have no hexa or b today so if need be i have them to use. could swap the pink and whites for alpen light bars or a bowl of weetabix. that would drop syns to 9 :D

sure i think about food more when on sw then when not :confused:

Last edited:
Hello - hun - just thought I'd say Hi and subscribe. Have you thought about having your hex a in something if you aren't keen, like putting milk in mash or philli light in pasta sauce. I am a cheese fan but although i like milk having more than glass or so disagrees with me so I have blue top so I only get a little as I'd never use even the amount you get for semi skimmed.

I definitely feel like I think about food more on slimming world - I'm not sure it's true because I think about food lots when I'm not on slimming world but I think I make the thoughts go away with junk food which obviously doesn't happen when on slimming world so the healthy choices maybe take more consideration?

hello, snowb xx

i have thought about doing it that way but i don't really buy milk cos it just gets wasted. i sometimes use philli light instead of butter on sandwiches and toast and do it that way'
i eat some cheese just never been a daily thing

looks like your doing well do you find it reletively easy ?

I don't think that thinking about food more is necessarily a bad thing and the planning and cooking keeps me busy and actually stops me eating x

Well I have a way to go but this is the best I've ever done on any diet and that is mainly because with slimming world I don't feel hard done by if you see what I mean - I can still eat and have a life and not be hungry and lose weight so in that way it is great. Lots of planning and thinking about food - I am not sure it is easy yet but it definitely is not hard like some diets. I find this site and facebook groups all really great in helping me keep on track.

ok, one shift down one to go and 100% on plan :D

turned down biscuits and malteasers :innocent0002:

The only problem i have is in drinking enough, not aloud to drink on the ward and it is impossible to drink enough and eat during your 1/2 hour breaks (we get 2)
especially when like today we are so busy you cut them down to 15 mins. need to work this one out cos i know i lose better when i drink plenty.

change of plan for tea tomorrow as hubby forgot to get baking pots, so chicken curry going in the slow cooker now. meals for work made. so just relaxing now before bed ready for the 6:00am alarm :eek:

todays meals

break 1: 2 weetabix 0% greek yog blueberries and glass of water (11:30am)

break 2: rice salad (as yesterday) packet of pops crisps (4 syns) and glass of water ( 4:45pm)

tea : lean mince chilli packed with veg and 5 jaffa cakes (10 syns) 2 glasses pepsi max

deliberatly included drinks while i work out how much i do drink about to have another glass of water so suspect i will be up peeing all night

:sigh:

Back