its never to late to start again x

Wish it was patsy, not even into winter pressures yet and already blocked !!!!!

day off today after another 2 days, in tomorrow and then a weekend off :faint2: son is coming home for the weekend so quite looking forward to it :D

meals went to plan so all going well so far, cleaned the bedrooms and bathroom today and went to the parents for tea. which went well, nice piece of steak with salad.

had a bit of a cook session this evening and have made breakfast muffins for tomorrow and made a nice chicken salad for 2nd break so meals planned syn free. hubby is making me an omelette for tea when i come in. tomorrow looks like being a red day :)

so here is the plan

break one : ham and egg breakfast muffins rasberries and yog

break two : chicken salad, alpen light (hexB)

tea : mushroom omelette with mixed salad

roll on the weekend and long lyins :D:D

been a bit quite as been very busy, couple of family things and an awful lot of work :sigh: on the whole have remained on plan and continue with the planning. i definetly do better on the days i plan the most.
had a really good cooking session on mon and planning on doing the same tomorrow then i will have lots of meals for next week. have been doing a lot of soups and taking them to work which works really well, planning to try the slimming eats minestrone soup. winged a lentil and bacon soup on mon which should have lasted several days but by the time my work mates had all had some it didn't.
I also appear to have started a curry loaf craze at work :eek:

for breakfast tomorrow i am going to try syn free pancakes with greek yog and fresh figs. for all i don't stay 100% all of the time i do try to stay on track. was asked by somebody yesterday if i had lost weight so something must be going right :)

so a bit of a quiet period due to a very complicated personal life mixed with christmas , and collosal winter pressures at work . on the plus side no major weight lose in 3 months but just a 5 lb loss quite proud of that :)
so back on planning big time and i got a soup maker for christmas which has become my best friend, between that the slow cooker and the halogen i have become quite the domestic godess.;)

so still not giving up , i am never going to give up this time. I might have set backs but not giving up, its a slow road downwards with a lot of twists and turns but it i know there is a bottom xx

so another day x:)
thursday's are my nemesis as i go to my parents for tea , to be fair they try very hard to help but my mum is from the dieting school of thought that you can only lose weight if you eat lettuce :rolleyes: so i feel a salad coming on
I also need to do the planning for tomorrow as its a working day, I think it will be overnight oats for my first break and then i have a courgette and blue cheese soup in the soupmaker so i can take that for my second break x
Now just to work out what to have for tea, I do 13 hour days so need to plan well , this is where my slow cooker is indespensible, just need to decide what to put in it :rolleyes:

Yesterdays meals were all on plan, grapefruit for breakfast, savoury rice mixed with boiled egg, tomato, spring onion and cucumber for lunch and then a wierd experimental spicy chicken and cauliflower casserole with a baked potato for dinner :). The casserole was a sort of left overs thing lol but it worked ok and hubby is taking the remains to work today x

My meals went to plan today, and i had a lovely tea cooked by my hubby goan pork vindaloo from the current SW mag it was lovely, had it with cauliflower rice and curry muffins, it was lovely. I am not a huge fan of cauli rice but i can cope with it. I am determined to like it so will continue to try it.
I believe i have created a monster in hubby, i have sent him to join a class and he has really embraced it i believe this will be my secret weapon this time.

He is really enjoying experimenting and is cooking more than ever its really quite refreashing :)

So meals today

B magic oats with mixed summer berries

L courgette and blu cheese soup, banana and muller light

D goan pork vindaloo, cauliflower rice and curry muffins.

S x 2 snackajacks 3 haribo sweets total 7 syns x

All in all a good day if not a busy one

long day at work today and 2 more to do, never actually done 3 13 hour shifts back to back before so expecting to be crawling out the door on tues :eek: and it is going to take careful planning to stay on plan. Todays meals have remained all on plan ,
B magic oats pear (Hex B)

L pasta quiche, filled with mushroom, onion and ham, banana and muller yog

T steak, beans, baked pot and rocket, slice of cauliflower flat bread (Hex A)

S x 2 hi fi bars ( 6 syns)

plan for tomorrows meals is reasonably similar

B 2 slices ww hovis bread, yog and banana

L spiced chinese stirfry soup, slice of cauliflower flat bread, pear

T sheperds pie with celeriac mash

S 1 tbsn peanut butter (4 syns) hifi bar (3 syns)

and tues meals again along the same lines

B weetabix, muller yog and pink grapefruit.

L broccoli, cauliflower and cheese soup slice cauliflower flat bread banana

T Home made burger, brown roll (6 syns) sweet potato fries, burger packed lettuce toms, onions and gerkins, slice of low cheese (2 syns)

may be a couple of magic pancakes approx 3 syns for oats served with sweetner and lemon juice

well that was hard work and it took me all day yesterday to recover :sigh: All 3 days were exceptionally busy and i missed my second break on two of them , this is a problem cos this is where problems start, think i sorted it both days as had good tea plans in place so wasn't tempted to call in at the chippy on the way home.

Very oddly for me i didn't eat all day yesterday as was too tired :confused: had a baked potato with tuna and beans for tea followed by 2 snackajacks and that was it, i have more of a plan today 2

B 2 slices wm toast with laughing cow light , banana

L 2 slices curry loaf, 2 pears

D chilli, (lean mince, toms, peppers, onions and kidney beans) boiled rice , muller yog with tangerines.

Having a frugal week so expect some odd meals , thats a week where i only use food we have in useing up all the stuff thats in the cupboards, usually have one of these on a five week month :eek:

more to come later x off to do the house work x

Hello lovely Mandy, found you at last and all caught up too....100% behind your planning, if I fail to plan I just fail big time it's when I don't plan that I find myself picking and it's usually synned stuff too :eek:
I have been having a few weeks of frugality :giggle:, since Kirsty, Mark and Harry moved out we've only spent £70 in 5 weeks, seems we have more than enough stuff in for just 2 of us
and weirdly we have been eating so much better 2 as we don't tempt each other with takeaway or fatty simple meals which is what K&M did a lot of the time when it was their turn to cook. so we are loving the whole being just the 2 of us experience lol.
Loving your food choices, given me some great ideas there.
Take care lovely, good to see you back on it and back here, cya soon xxx:hug99:xxx

I am in for a bit of a tricky weekend as have a family get together, both my children are home a very rare occurance. My daughter lives in germany and my son is currently doing a yr in industry as part of his degree and lives in lincolnshire. The weekend will involve alcohol and food, i have made some soup for tomorrow, and a slimming world quiche and we have a turky breast and lots of salad so should be able to limit the damage.
meals have been good today, not a lot of speed food unfourtunatly due to the frugal week and a need to go shopping i had scrambled egg and beans for brunch with a couple of slices of wholemeal toast and we are having steak ( had 4 pieces in the freezer :)) with sw chips peas sweetcorn and onionrings ( counting a syn for this as i have used a slice of wm bread to make the coating, split between us all )
Being frugal often makes me inventive with meals, brings out my creativity. brunch tomorrow will be omelettes bit of an eggy day :rolleyes:

busy busy day today, family tea tonight, and work the next 2 days so all the meals sorted and cooked, i have made a cheesy pie, a bacon mushroom and green pepper quiche, veg soup, rice salad and overnight oats. so there is plenty of speed foods in that lot :D
Bacon and mushroom and red pepper omelette for brunch today after a quick trip to aldi for fresh fruit and veg
This is the meal plan for the next couple of days

Sat
Br bacon,mush and red pepper onion,tangerine

D quiche, cheesy pie, salad, turkey breast, rice salad all 15 syns saved to cover any blips at tea :eek:

Sun

B overnight oats, banana

L veg soup and 2 x tangerines

D Pork steak, potato wedges broccoli, mushy peas and gravy ( 2 syns)

Mon

B overnight oats, banana

L veg soup and tangerines

D pasta bolg bake ( packed with onion peppers courgette carrot tomatoes and mushrooms )

No real syns built in partly to allow for a slight accident when some popcorn accidently popped in to my mouth, using up two days worth of syns :eek:
note to self : don't buy popcorn you have no will power !!!!:break_diet:

hopefully it should be a good couple of days, work days always go well when i plan for them x Hopefully they will be much better days at work x

Last minute (as in late last night :rolleyes:) change in off duty leaves me with today off :D working weds instead, so slight change in meal plan. Yesterday went to plan a nice day in work breaks taken and finished on time :faint2:. Family tea went well and the cheesy pie went down a storm , everybody had a bit and loved it. It really does taste like the inside of a cheese and onion pasty. Tea completed with only 6 syns which i am happy with x

So todays meals, No breakfast :eek:

L Veg soup, WM toast, banana

T homemade burgers, savoury rice, mixed salad, home made rice pudding with summer fruits

S hot choc (tassimo) 4 syns

There is a possibility i will actually join hubby at class, the idea actually freaks me out but at the same time i want to go, he is really keen for me to join him as after all we are doing this for my benefit but i am scared it will derail me. My weight fluctuates by up to 6lb over the course of a day due to lymphodeama in my legs so sometimes i will weigh heavier than no other reason than the amount of odeama, Losing weight will help with this condition but doing so is going to be harder, and i am frightened that gains caused by the odeama might result in returns to bad eating habits. Hubby is confident by going together he will be able to support me better. So i am probably going to give it a go :eek:

Ah bless you hun, it's always a fight, got the same sort of problems myself and my weight fluctuates, but I go consistently cos the way I see it is if I don't then I will almost certainly gain the 12st I've lost, back again and there's no way that is gong to happen ...I can't control what my body decides to do but as long as I eat healthy, exercise and keep on track then I can at least maintain this weight and who knows maybe even one day shed a lot more.
Have fun with hubby tonight, I look at my class as a social club now where I go to catch up with good friends and if I lose it's a bonus lol
Take care lovely :fingerscrossed: for you xxx:hug99:xxx

well i am going to do it :eek: joining with mike tonight before i get cold feet, i have arranged with work to not roster me on to Tuesday's and that way i will not have to miss classes due to shifts and i intend to buy a 12 week countdown to get me started, i am practically at vomiting stage at the thought of going but hubby is determined to not let me back out, he is selling it to me today as a joint activity :rolleyes:
I still panic when in circumstances i am not comfortable in and panic attacks are evil things, i hyperventilate and start to retch and can actually faint, so i avoid them, today has already been a stretch as i have been to Ikea. The plus off ikea is that as its so big and takes so long to walk round it has to count as exercise xx My other symptom of panic is that i babble can you tell. Better here i suppose than at a class with lots of strangers x

Well done on deciding to go. I think going to class is really helpful. (at least it has been for me!) Also if.you buy a countdown tonight you get a free cook book :) I hope you feel better about it all normally the classes are v social and everybody helps each other.

woohoo did it x I joined, no vomiting no fainting just an awful lot of fidgeting. The consultant remembers me from last time and greeted me with a big hug :) helped to relax me xx Weight almost matches my household scales, although it was an evening weight and this morning i weighed 2 lb down. It means i am starting class with the same weight as my stats so no adjustment necessary . just probably means i lost a 2lb loss this week.
So lets see if i can have a really good week, not expecting a really good first week loss as i have already lost 19lb but i am not going to stress the numbers.

well i am going to do it :eek: joining with mike tonight before i get cold feet, i have arranged with work to not roster me on to Tuesday's and that way i will not have to miss classes due to shifts and i intend to buy a 12 week countdown to get me started, i am practically at vomiting stage at the thought of going but hubby is determined to not let me back out, he is selling it to me today as a joint activity :rolleyes:
I still panic when in circumstances i am not comfortable in and panic attacks are evil things, i hyperventilate and start to retch and can actually faint, so i avoid them, today has already been a stretch as i have been to Ikea. The plus off ikea is that as its so big and takes so long to walk round it has to count as exercise xx My other symptom of panic is that i babble can you tell. Better here i suppose than at a class with lots of strangers x

Ah bless you, I can totally empathise with the panic attacks, had them for years, couldn't even take the rubbish out to the bins which was less than 3 metres away without throwing up and shaking from head to toe and ending up with a migraine but time has helped a lot, as long as some one is with me I can do it.
Oh gosh walking round Ikea is definitely a great workout hun.
Well done on taking that big step, :woohoo: I am really really proud of you , and well done that Consultant for putting you at ease...I love my class and my C he is amazing even though he has a wife who he cares for and she is constantly in and out of hospital and right now she is in and bad, can't remember what it was he said she has but it means she can't eat solids and has to be fed intravenously poor woman, but he never complains and is always a ray of sunshine, where would I be without that and hopefully you'll feel the same in time.
I had a 4.5lb gain this week, knew it was coming so I am pleased it's out of the way and not as big as I imagined lol.
I know you will do good hun and with Mike supporting you, you can reach those dizzy heights, isn't it great to have our men behind us at last lol
Have a great week lovely, keep the wedding as your focus and how fab you are going to look as mother of the bride/groom, sorry can't remember off the top of my head which one of your children is getting married, If I were a betting woman I would say your daughter lol but I'm not a gambler so I'm playing it safe lol and Mandy I know you can do so well even after being on plan for weeks so I think if you give it your all you can have another amazing loss next week, I have faith in you girl .
I have just sat down with Mal and worked out our menu for the week and I am determined to stick to it, so we can compare next week.
Take care sweetie and here's to a 100% week, speak soon xxx:hug99:xxx

Hope you're having a good day hun xxx:hug99:xxx food always sounds so scrumptious too :drool: xx

Back