its never to late to start again x

Hello lovely :woohoo: you're a star well done on you loss and SOTW I am so made up for you.
Bless you, you sound like me, I was supposed to drive to Kirsty's today not been up to see her for close on 2 months what with illnesses etc and feeling a little guilty so planned to travel up today, but as I was getting had a major panic attack, I am really bad at travelling, don't like planes, boats, trains and especially cars ...the thought of being stuck in the car for over an hour on the M1 in peak traffic really freaked me out, took me a few hours to calm down (truth be known my heart is still racing) but have decided I must do it o going to go tomorrow instead, just bought some Kalms as they seemed to work last time and hope I make it lol

You're food sounds amazing hun, keep up the good work xxx:hug99:xxx

I have excepted that panic/ anxiety is here to stay and on the whole i can control them. i am very lucky in that those who know me well and care about me set things in place to ensure i will go out:eek:

another nice day today after early morning smog the sun came out and it has been a lovely spring day, thurs is always mums for tea, so that with some chores and a walk around the living room has ensured a really active day.

B : hifi bar and an apple ( hexb)

L : left over hot pot with one dumpling , banana

D : pork, salt and pepper chips, lettuce, tomato, cucumber and spring onion

S : 2 x choc snack a jacks 6 syns

I have made a ham pepper onion and mushroom quiche for tomorrow's lunch as well this evening.

salt and pepper chips were lovely, our local Chinese restaurant is a buffet type, cooks from scratch in front of you and is really lovely. they have started selling there salt and pepper seasoning in bottles i used this with spring onion and red pepper. there were yummy :D the whole bottle of seasoning has 2.5 syns :D

Not a bad day at all today, the big plus is the combination of the super moon spring equinox and partial eclipse have yet to result in the predicted (by some) end of the world :D

spring and autumn are my favourite seasons and the first day of spring has me in a positive mood xx
good meals today,

B : SW sausage, beans and mushrooms

L ; Quiche with mushroom red peppers onion and ham, with lambs leaves. banana, ww yog

D: Chicken wrapped in bacon stuffed with lowlow cheese (hexa), with baked potato, green beans and salad. strawberries, ff yog and meringue nest (2.5 syns)

S : 30 g prunes, 2 x hifi lights (hexb)

The prunes are to prevent a rpt of last weeks little problem :whistle:

meals for sat

B : bacon. toms, scrambled eggs, 2 slices wm bread

L : banana, 2 plums, ww yog , hi fi bar (6 syns)

D : beef tagine, pasta, yog, strawberries, meringue (2.5 syns) prunes in tagine (3 syns)

total syns for the day 11.5

Meals for sunday

B : overnight oats, mixed berries

L : mushroom omelette, rocket, toms, ww yog, banana

D : roast beef, roast pots, cauli, leek, cabbage and mushy pea gravy meringue, banana and custard yog.

S : 2 x hifi light, 2 x babybel lights

no syns cos didn't need them

phewww busy few days at work :rolleyes: its supposed to settle down now but i think we are in for a rough easter, as we are still on red status for bed availability :sigh:

bit concerned that the 2 long days before weigh in might cause a fluid gain although i have drank well and stayed 100% on plan, if that's the case i know what it is and again will have to work through it. this is going to be a long process at this rate :rolleyes:

I stand and walk a lot at work so often come home with puffy feet.

meals for yesterday all good not a lot of syns used x

B : overnight oats, banana

L : pepper, ham, mushroom omelette with rocket and tomato muller light and apple

D : chilli, x2 hifi bars (6 syns)

didn't bother with any rice or anything with the chilli cos i was over an hour late finishing work and didn't want carbs that late at night

todays meals

B : apple and banana

L : leek and potato soup

D : sausage, (3 syns) baked potato, beans and salad

no hexa or hexb yet so will update if i use them xx

I love your attitude to potential issues Mandy. I think it shows you are ready to keep going and get to target this time. We need to see it as a way of eating for life and a process we will be going through for the forseeable future.

I'm trying to be as philosophical about my epic fail at the weekend. I was doing so good with ordering a salad and all while I was out then I was hijacked by an ice-cream sundae which was huge. It was lovely but such an epic fail on the healthy eating plans. Hey ho back on it now though.

Your food sounds fab as always. :D

long post written and then lost in the ether x
i had a really pointless discussion with the dietien at work today and have realised why i have never been to see one. basically she told me that i just needed to keep cutting calories until i started losing weight again and when i asked how low she said as llow as necessary :eek: worked out my cal intake for previous couple of days and it averaged around 1800 - 2000 she suggested i aimed between 1200 and 1500 a day. i have decided that i am not going to take this advice as its a very low drop, i am going to continue as i am, drink more and get rid of this constipation xx :eek:

Wouldn't it be nice if dieticians were no longer of the just eat less school of thought and actually gave you some constructive help.

A STS is a good result if you are retaining fluid and other "outputs" So I think it's safe to say you are actually losing body mass but the effect is being masked. I trust you are aware that coffee and exercise are both good for getting the throughput moving again.

Hope you get a resolution soon, :D

i don't drink coffee and its not a good enough reason to start :p exercise, prunes and lots of fluids is my plan :D

little packets of prunes 3 syns a peice, my body really really doesn't want to cooperate at the moment but i will win !!!!

4 hr resus course today, trust me thats enougth arobic activity today

meals all on plan

BR : mushroom omellete 2 slices curry loaf

D : fish in butter sauce ( 3 syns) sw chips, baby sweetcorn and mangetout muller yog

S : 2 hifi light ( hex b ) greek yog with rasberries ( 1 syn) prunes 30g ( 3 syns )

total 6 syns

meals sorted for tomorrow

B : overnight oats x 2 plums

L : chilli bean soup, 2 slices of curry loaf muller yog

D : sw meatballs in tomato and pepper sauce pasta hexa of cheese on top

syns 2 x snack a jacks 5.5 hifi salted caramel 6 syns,

11.5 syns in total

planning a fakeaway at the weekend indian meal from the new mag, can't wait :)

Hey hun, I stopped seeing dieticians about 20 years ago for the very same reason, I didn't need to take 2 buses , walk half a mile once I got off and then sit about for half an hour just to be told well eat less calories, here's your die sheet....pathetic!
You keep on doing what you're doing hun you know where the problem is and hopefully once you get to see the doc and start on water tablets it will all be a thing of the past (Got my appt with doc for water retention tomorrow) and you'll be losing those lbs hand over fist.

As for the other issue I rarely suffer with that problem, quite the opposite in fact but when I do, I don't think you can beat Dulcolax, I swear by them but only as a last resort.
Anyways my lovely hope you're keeping well other than that and I'll catch you soon xxx:hug99:xxx

:8855::8855:i weighed my self on the house scales this morning and according to them i have lost 16 lb since tues :8855::8855: chance would be a nice thing !!!!!!

I think they just guess my weght lol :rolleyes: I have ordered a new set, higher upper limit that is not needed but hopefully it will make them more reliable

lovely day today took a trip out to bolton market, love going here but always end up spending a fortune x.

i bought 3 lots of tiger prawns, 6 salmoln fillets, 2 whole chickens, a ham hock and . 2 lots of sausages (syned :eek:) for just over 20 quid, i can feel some nice meals coming on.
Another 20 quid went on fruit and veg and some pot veg, which is just a ready chopped mix of leek, onion, carrot, swede etc with chopped herbs briliant for soups and stews'

didn't have breakfast before we left as was up late but avoided all the cakes, pies, pasties and general lovely bad stuff and called into morrisons and got salad and chicken for lunch, very proud x ( must be that massive loss inspireing me lol)

I also bought lots of spices and a really nice new pan especially for curries, as i said i always end up spending a fortune :D

Meals today 100 % on plan

L : rainbow salad, chicken breast, 2 x babybel light, ( hex a) melon,pineapple and mango medley x

D : tiger prawn curry, with pilau rice, alloo saag and riahta, fake away cooked by hubby x all from this months sw mag 2.5 syns the lot :D

S : salted caramel hifi bar ( hex b)

curry smells devine :D

no work tomorrow so planning a cooking day x

Last edited:
Well new scales have arrived and i have gained back my 16 LB :sigh: nice while it lasted though.
scales are very good though quite impressed ( sad i know)

got up feeling tierd today and in a can't be bothered mood, I am blaming it on the rain. I have cooked brunch and sorted the washing and am planning a roast this afternoon followed by sw tirimisu thinking about 2 -3 syns but will work it out properly. the roast will have a couple of syns cos i am planing on cooking red cabbage with apple, delia style, so will need to syn the apple

and then i am going to make a big pot of chicken vegetable broth for tomorrow nights tea have the dried lentil,bean,barley mix soaking ready x

Todays meals

B : sausage ( 3 syns) scrambled egg , tomatoes, mushrooms 2 slices of wm bread

D : roast chicken, red cabbage with apple, cauliflower, carrot and parsnip mash, roast potatoes, lm stuffing balls, mushy pea gravy. tirimisu

S : satsumas x 2

well its that time of the week again still not feeling the loss, still not confident, but know i have followed the plan, not deviated and have even counted all my calories and i range between 1400 to 1750, have tracked them for a week .
i have exercised lightly 3 times, (walking) for at least 20 mins and have drank a minimum of 2 lts of water a day if i was a text book i would be losing hand over fist. unfortunatly i am not :sigh:
every pound is a struggle and then i get unfounded gains , i have learnt to ignore the scales,we now have 2 sets and i weigh a st differantly on them both, tried it for fun this morning :rolleyes:

So plan for the week ahead, plod on, the law of science says i must eventually show a loss. My diet is healthier its low in fat and suger, i don't binge eat and i have cut out almost all cake biscuits chocolate alcohol and takeaways, significantly reduced my salt intake and also my intake of fizzy diet drinks.:angel09:

I will suceed !!!!!!!

:bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss:

7.5 lb down !!!!!! giving me my first official half a stone and unofficial 2st, and slimmer of the week again x

perserverance paid off, i am not stupid enough to think it won't happen again, my body does seem to want to do its own thing, but i have a loss to sustain me for a couple of weeks x

usual tues night planning and online shopping complete x

:bliss::woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo::bliss: WELL DONE YOU!!!! :superwoman:

You're food sounds amazing and :wow: to that massive weight loss, knew you would do it once you got that retention sorted, hope to do the same, my doc had to cancel my appt and has rescheduled for next week, she had a family emergency and has taken time off, yes I know I could see another doc but other than her I think they are all pretty useless in my local surgery, I have no confidence in them and they don't listen, she does so I'll wait the extra time.
Going to study your menu's though see if I can get some inspiration from them, although you inspire me all the time.
Once again well done to you my lovely friend, you really deserve it and the SOTW title too :winner:, you're a star!!! xxx:hug99:xxx

Last edited:
Back