its never to late to start again x

boy that was a busy 2 days !!!!everything went well at work on weds all meals on plan :D. Today's too i have also been for a swim today, i always go early morning when all the yummy mummy's are doing the school run :eek: I go to a private gym and sometimes feel very out of place, first time i have been in a while but really glad i did x For now i am going to stick mainly to swimming cos the water is very forgiving on my joints :rolleyes: Asda shop delivered and put away, played with my nice new hoover and then went to the parents for tea. My dad bought me a lovely yoe valley 0% yog. Luckily enough it came in at 5 1/2 syns for the whole pot it was very yummy and very creamy and well worth the syns :rolleyes:.

since arrival home i have put lentil and veg soup in the soup maker, made overnight night oats for my breakfast tomorrow, sorted out my uniform and generally tidyied up. Its now time to relax :)

so meals for last few days

WEDS

B overnight oats with mixed berries (raspberries, blackberries, red currant’s, black currant’s) plum, tangerine

L chicken, lettuce, cucumber, tomato, gherkin’s and boiled eggs, muller yog and a banana

D chicken curry, including onion, toms, peppers,mushrooms,cauli, broccoli, cabbage, leek, carrot and swede

S x 2 snack a jacks 6 syns xx

THURS

B boiled eggs x2 2slices wholemeal toast, dairylea triangle and 2 mandarin's

L x2 snack a jacks and a banana

D pork steak, cabbage, tender stem broccoli, sw chips, yoe valley yog,( 5 1/2 syns)

S handle full of red and black currents

plan for fri

b overnight oats, same mix as weds plum and mandarin

l lentil and veg soup ( lentils, onion, tom, red pepper, carrot swede and potato) banana

d mush omelete, beans, rocket, tom, cucumber, beetroot, pickled onion

no planned syns so room to play x

well apart from the addition of a baked potato the meal plan was spot on, it feels good to stay so on plan. today is going just as well.

B melon

L bacon, lettuce,mushroom and tomato sandwich ( 4slices of wm bread, dairylea light spread ) hex a, hex b, and 6 syns and a banana

T faijita spiced pork, actifry chips, mixed salad and pickles followed by 0% greek yog, tspn honey and frozen raspberries.

all shopping now completed, have spent a fortune over the last 3 days but all my cupboards, fridge and freezer are full, so will just need to top up shop weekly for yogs fruit and salad stuff.

waiting in now for delivery of my meat which i buy from a local market who do delivery packs occasionally need to do a little trimming of the fat but on the whole the quality is really good. I have been to costco and stocked up on tinned toms, Worcester sauce and the like. i have bought their own brand oil spray. Now i work out this to be free but i am happy to be corrected if anybody reading this knows any different.

I have also replaced my actifry, the one I bought a few yrs ago broke with a little help from a bad tempered teen, i have really missed it because no matter how hard i try i can't get sw chips to work. I loved cooking things in it. I have so many kitchen gadgets :eek: but i do use most of them the only one not really being used at the moment is the bread maker :eek:

once shooping all away i shall get on to menu planning for the next 2 days as i am working.

If the costco spray is less than 1 cal a spray it will be free - I have heard good things about it though about it on facebook as lots of people say frylight ruins pans (though I haven't found this yet)

It has no calories per spray, so pretty sure its free, it is also an aerosol so seems to go further. I had the most wonderful chips last night cooked in the actifry, one spray of oil, sea salt and black pepper x yum yum xxx
not a bad day today, One slight slip up but i pulled it straight back and remained within syns :)

So today's meals

B overnight oats , with mixed berries, banana.

L 2 hobnobs ( had lentil and veg soup and fruit, but really busy day and no chance to a second break. the hobnobs were on the desk :eek: ) 7 syns

D beef curry, rice, muller yog, choc, snack a jack, 3.5 syns

total for the day, 10.5 syns

Just packed meals for tomorrow as follows x

B overnight oats with mixed berries, banana

L turkey salad, rocket, toms, cucumber, onion, gherkins, beetroot. 2 plums. 2 babybel lights

D shepards pie with carrot and swede mash.

so no biscuits tomorrow :eek:

Meal plan looks great hun, going to have to give in and get me an actifry, my SW chips never come out right either.
Hope you're having a great day xxx:hug99:xxx

I might ask my mum to pick me some up as she goes to costco but I don't. (Just as well as all I ever bought was multipacks of danishes!)

i stayed away from the bakery snow, far too tempting :eek: today not to bad, managed both breaks with no biscuits :D

Worrying about tomorrow now i can honestly say i have stayed 100% on plan, but as i have worked the last 2 days i really haven't drunk enough, have puffy feet tonight which i am hoping i can pull back by tomorrow night. Going swimming in the morning again and have had a busy week so really should have lost but my body can be really unpredictable x

OMG , I was doing so well today, hubby cooked tea and on talking asked how many syns were in gravy granuals told him one syn per teaspoon at which point he visibly paled and asked if i really meant tablespoons. he has put 4 tablespoons into it !!!!!!!:eek: 6 syns !!!!!!! 6 syns each What a waste, I could have had chocolate :cry:

well that went well !!!!! i knew when i woke up this morning things weren't going to go well as my left leg was very swollen, water retention strikes again. it sent me into a tail spin meant i drank loads and ate little today but still managed to gain a whopping 3.5 lb:cry:

the diary i have posted above is accurate, and includes everything i have eaten, i have given a copy to my consultant for advice, but i know its the water. very down tonight but determined not to give in, if this continues to happen i will visit my gp and ask for a full set of bloods, for now i am going to take a herbal water tablet and try to drink 3 lts a day see if it has any effect

On a positive note I went to group and stayed to group :eek:

off to bed now tomorrow is another day x

Oh how gutting but you know what it was - Odema must make it even harder, well done on going to group and staying though! Hopefully the odema will calm down and you'll have a super loss next week.

i was just really gutted, first week and all that, but mike had a good loss so i know it wasn't a problem with the plan and my leg was very swollen , i have increased my activity significantly this week and could feel it coming on, also i drink very little on working days and had worked 3 out of 4 of the proceeding days so this would have impacted. have the same shift pattern this week so not expecting it to shift just yet.
I have just ordered some herbal meds that a pharmacy in Germany gave me last time i went to see my daughter. They worked really well so will give them another try.

I am not letting it derail me x today's meals all on plan :)

B mushroom omelette, 300 mls sf squash , lemon and ginger tea

L leek and potato soup , 300 mls sf squash, lemon and ginger tea

D chicken stuffed with low low cheese ( hex a ), butter nut squash wedges, stir fry courgette onion and red pepper 300 mls of sf squash, lemon and ginger tea

S 2 rhubarb and crumble hi-fi bars ( hex b ) further 1.5 litre of sf squash no syns included as really really want to lose next week and am supposed to be going out on sat night, 1 slice easy cheesy pie syn'd cos not eaten as part of a meal 5 syns
the way i feel at the moment i doubt that happening :sigh:

Last edited:
it must be really hard to have a gain when you've been so good and I know it doesn't allways help but if it is water then it's not a real gain and your good work will show eventually. Can you not up your fluid intake at work at all - I know some jobs don't allow for it but I always think that seems very hard. I just work in an office and I have tried to up my fluid intake recently and I can see my boss eyeingme for how often I up and down to the loo but she can carry on eyeing me as they are on at me about my sick record which will only get better if I lose weight

i work on a hospital ward, you may find this hard to belief but i am the deputy ward manager, hospital policy is no food or drink on the ward, its infection control issue and a public perception as relatives seem to be offended if they see a nurse having a drink we work 13 hour shifts with 2 half hour breaks. i have always had a problem with not drinking enough it may well have led to my weight as i don't appear to recognise thirst , i mistake it for hunger i think :rolleyes:

We are allowed to get a drink when we want but i tend to get wrapped up in things and forget. I also rarely go to the loo at work and 9 times out of 10 work the entire shift with out weeing once :eek: a habit i need to get out of. actually having to leave the ward to get a drink even if just to go to the staff room is a nuisance. its a rule thats going to cause them problems in the long run i suspect. People are always telling me i need to drink more so i only have myself to blame

i work on a hospital ward, you may find this hard to belief but i am the deputy ward manager, hospital policy is no food or drink on the ward, its infection control issue and a public perception as relatives seem to be offended if they see a nurse having a drink we work 13 hour shifts with 2 half hour breaks. i have always had a problem with not drinking enough it may well have led to my weight as i don't appear to recognise thirst , i mistake it for hunger i think :rolleyes:

We are allowed to get a drink when we want but i tend to get wrapped up in things and forget. I also rarely go to the loo at work and 9 times out of 10 work the entire shift with out weeing once :eek: a habit i need to get out of. actually having to leave the ward to get a drink even if just to go to the staff room is a nuisance. its a rule thats going to cause them problems in the long run i suspect. People are always telling me i need to drink more so i only have myself to blame

Wow that sounds tricky. I work for the NHS too but not patient facing at all (obviously as in an office) I'd maybe try having a big drink before your shift and maybe if you ahve to leave the ward to wee, get an drink when you are off and that might start a cycle that ups your fluid intake (if it doesn't interfere with your work?)

could of swore i updated yesterday but obviously not :rolleyes:

my water retention appears to be finally settling, having reached 11 lb on thurs morning. Turns out it is being caused by a kidney infection and i now have antibiotics so fingers crossed it will resolve soon, and when it does i will have a good loss :fingerscrossed:

so meals for last 3 days
Fri
B :grapefruit, 0% greek yog 2 caramel snack-a-jacks 5 syns

L : easy cheesy pie, rocket, cherry toms banana

T: keema curry boiled rice 2x hifi bars hex b

S : pack french fries 4.5 syns ( total for the day 9,5 syns )

Sat

B : yog and rasberries

L : leek and potato soup, melon, 2 dairylea light triangles

T : prawns with chilli and garlic, penne pasta with garlic tom, bacon and onion sauce have allowed 15 syns for the whole meal as was an Italian meal for a work night out. drank mineral water no alcohol :)

S : 2 hifi bars hex b

Sun

B : overnight oats with rasberries, tspn honey 1 syn x

L : sw quiche with onion, courgette, cheese, rocket, toms and pickles , banana

T : pork steak, roast pots, leeks, courgettes, toms and kale, gravy 2 syns

S : 2 hifi bars 6 syns total for day 9 syns x

Have the day off tomorrow so can carry on my drinking challenge have managed to drink over 2 lts every day but missed the 3lts :( thats my plan for the next 2 days .

I just booked my holiday:D so need to keep working on this so i will feel more comfortable. We are going to visit our daughter in germany, taking a slow drive over stopping in Brugge, and frankfurt on the way and cologne on the way back. as part of our stay we have booked 2 nights in Prague.
I will get loads of body magic as i will be doing lots of walking and stair climbing as daughter lives on the 3rd floor with no lift.

I am quite excited :D

meals for monday 1/3 speed every meal

B : o% greek yog, tspn honey, mixed berries, 1 syn

L : leek and potato soup, melon

D : gammon steak, sw chips cauliflower cheese, hex a

S : 2 x hifi bars hex b

today shaping up quite well, been to the gym for 40 mins walking in the pool, just waiting for shopping to arrive and then the dreaded weigh in, hopefully see a little loss. water retention seems slightly better but my left leg still retaining below the knee

meals for today

B : banana, x2 clementines

L : ham mushroom omellete, mixed salad

T : steak kebab, savoury rice and mixed veg (carrot broccli and sweetcorn)

may be some sort of cake, usually have a treat on a tues night, if i really fancy something i wait until tues, it means i know i can have it so don't feel deprived the rest of the week :rolleyes:

Good luck for weigh in tonight. Your food sounds really good so fingers crossed the lymphodema doesn't stop you getting a loss.

Back