its not fair! - now including update.

Littleslimmingbee

Gold Member
I am a healthy weight, i exercise, i dont smoke and i dont touch anything alcoholic.. i eat so well..

and i am ALWAYS ill. Unexplainable pains, everywhere.. chest.. arms.. legs.. stomach... i am SO tired ALL the time.. its actually embaressing, i need a nap after work.. i only work 3 days a week 8-3, and i am exhausted. Always have urine infections, excsma(?) , headaches, blurry vision, my joints ache, the slightest bang and i bruise.. my fingers spasm and cramp real bad.. my immune system is shocking, a sick child only has to look at me and bang.. im in bed for a week.

i am SO fed up.

and im even more fed up of doctors fobbing me off and others no longer caring because 'your always ill, somthings always wrong with you'

when i was hanging unexplainable stomach pains (i say pain, more like agony) they blamed it on everything under the sun, but nothing worked.. and after a while they didnt care.. finally its just stopped. dont know why, dont know how.. dont even know how it started in the first place..

and my joints, my knees and my fingers, they ache so bad after the slightest bit of work, and my fingers lock up the minute i grip somthing hard for more than a few minutes.. they said it was because of my extra weight, because of the hairdressing etc.. well im not fat anymore and i am no longer hairdressing on a dailey basis..

eurgh. seriously? what is wrong with me. They checked me for anchylosis spondilitous ( or i assume thats what they did, as my borther has it) and i came back clear (although so did his to begin with, and no he'l be in a wheel chair in 5 years..)

i am actually embarressed how im always under the weather..

joe jokes that im '18 not 80!' but somtimes i honestly feel it!

Sorry, just a rant. Im just so tired of being tired!

Last edited:
Hunny, have you had a blood test recently? That would be something I would be demanding to have ASAP! Big hugs coming your way from Plymouth xxxx

sorry to hear that hun im the same tired of being tired. i dont get proper sleep, they think i have sleep apnea. i wake up around 30 times a night on a good night. and they sleep i do get is like when your just waking up, like when your awake but asleep and dream the entire night i never wake up refreshed. im forgetful, sometimes cant speak properly cause im so tired im groggy all the time and have the worst level of patience. sorry i hi jacked your post can hear what your saying tho sometimes you think do they think im making it up. they say its weight related if i stubbed my toe they would say the same thing (i too am a hairdresser) hope you find out what the problem is. xx

no i havnt had one done recently at all, its gotten to the points where i avoid the doctors at all costs, they just look at me like 'here she is again.. what now?' my file must be huge. i just lost faith after the whole stomach pains incident..

now iv moved, im going to register to a new doctors, maybe the might care abit more..

i am just SO fed up. its really getting me down. Im dreading the day i get a second job, i honestly dont know how im going to cope.

(i too am a hairdresser) hope you find out what the problem is. xx

Do you find that the finger you cut with (i mean the one next to the little one!) spasms? it started happening after busy days in the salon, now iv left it happens for no reason..

when im hoovering.. holding my handbag.. somtimes even when i hold a spoon, it can last for a few minutes, an intense spasm from the tip, all the way down to my wrist, and then it goes.. but like a cramp the ache lingers after?

my knees, the ache, somtimes so bad i cant stand or straighten them, othertimes it feels like they are burning, and swelling? even though im not entirly sure i can actually see any swelling?

and my hip, if i stand and bend to one side ever so slightly without realising too long, i seem to 'lock up' and its uncomfortable to move after?

i only ask incase its somthing common in hairdressers..

they make me feel like im making a massive deal out of nothing, and somtimes i think ' am i just a really big whimp and this happens to everyone but im just moaning?'

no i havnt had one done recently at all, its gotten to the points where i avoid the doctors at all costs, they just look at me like 'here she is again.. what now?' my file must be huge. i just lost faith after the whole stomach pains incident..

now iv moved, im going to register to a new doctors, maybe the might care abit more..

i am just SO fed up. its really getting me down. Im dreading the day i get a second job, i honestly dont know how im going to cope.

The problem is hun that the fact it's getting you down isn't helping you at all! As you say a new doctors may be better, but even if not, you should go in an ask for a blood test and explain your reasoning why if that helps - not that you should have to though! It becomes a vicious circle if you don't get sorted once and for all: you feel ill but don't go to the Docs for fear of them saying 'it's her again', something underlying (not to scare you) doesn't get sussed and then you feel and get worse and then the NHS are dealing reactively rather than proactively! xxx

Yeah i see what your saying. i know i should go i just keep putting it off and putting off.

It got to the point with my stomach that she was just like 'oh its ibs' stuck me on some strong tablets (which for whatever it was in my stomach causing the problem, set it off worse) and i ended up, back in hospital ten times worse.. i'd go to A&E and they'd just send me home ' if you had a broken leg we could fix you' is what one nurse said! i had ultrasounds.. the lot. Nothing.. and in the end, i think the doctors gave up as much as i did.

this doctors says once you register they want to give you a once over anyways, as a new patient. So it may be my oppurtunity to actually get someone interested in my health.

As much as i hate feeling like this, i find it hard to get the confidence to say to them, exactly how i feel. :(

Yeah i see what your saying. i know i should go i just keep putting it off and putting off.

It got to the point with my stomach that she was just like 'oh its ibs' stuck me on some strong tablets (which for whatever it was in my stomach causing the problem, set it off worse) and i ended up, back in hospital ten times worse.. i'd go to A&E and they'd just send me home ' if you had a broken leg we could fix you' is what one nurse said! i had ultrasounds.. the lot. Nothing.. and in the end, i think the doctors gave up as much as i did.

this doctors says once you register they want to give you a once over anyways, as a new patient. So it may be my oppurtunity to actually get someone interested in my health.

As much as i hate feeling like this, i find it hard to get the confidence to say to them, exactly how i feel. :(

If it helps hunny, why don't you write it down??? I work in Marketing and PR so have to do a lot of writing to various different people, day in, day out - which I love - but sometimes I really struggle to get across what I'm trying to say - the best piece of advice someone gave me was to write an email (either to yourself or picture your bestest friend) and explain the product, person, whatever it may be (in this case your health concerns) to them and by the end of it you'll have what you want to say - it just may need a bit of tidying up! Why not use your first post here, tidy it up, print it out and take it with you to your docs and show him/her how you feel xxx

Just read through this and wanted to send you a big hug. I would definitely get a blood test done, the thing you mentioned with your joints sounds very similar to a problem a friend of mine was having. My friend is now receiving medication, but it needed a blood test to sort it out. I second writing things down as well - do it all the time myself.

Also is there someone who could go in with you to back you up, or for moral support?

Hope you find out what is going on soon.

^ I might see if my brother could come ( hes a mental health nurse and does shifts, and with his condition is v tired himself) but if he has ime maybe he could come with.

I dont think i can continue this way.. i really need to get this sorted dont i :(

I hope i dont get shot down againm picking up a registration form tomorrow!

Hey Fern honey - sorry to hear you sounding so fed up.

Do you have any medical healthcare plans with your employer? I would suggest getting a BUPA medical done, you can have different ones done, but its basically a medical checkover!!! this would highlight any areas of concern......they can cost quite a bit which is why i asked if you have any cover via work....but maybe something you could look into.

Lots of love, xxx

iv just had a look at them, i think the complete health one would be really good.. its saying they offer a smear test etc aswell.. which is really good.

do you know if they do like a payment plan? i could afford to pay it in instalments but not all in one go, iv searched the site but couldnt see anything?

I think everyone's already given all the advice you need. Don't be afraid to see your doctor about this. It is not normal for someone your age to be experiencing these symptoms and there must be an underlying cause, which may well prove to be simple to treat. Hugs.

iv got my forms and will be dropping them in tomorrow.. they said after that it takes about 2 weeks admin before i can get an appointment..

im armed with my list and damn it, they are GOING to make me better.. even if it kills them in the process i dont care! lol

off to bed for a nap... *sigh* lol

Do you find that the finger you cut with (i mean the one next to the little one!) spasms? it started happening after busy days in the salon, now iv left it happens for no reason..

when im hoovering.. holding my handbag.. somtimes even when i hold a spoon, it can last for a few minutes, an intense spasm from the tip, all the way down to my wrist, and then it goes.. but like a cramp the ache lingers after?

my knees, the ache, somtimes so bad i cant stand or straighten them, othertimes it feels like they are burning, and swelling? even though im not entirly sure i can actually see any swelling?

and my hip, if i stand and bend to one side ever so slightly without realising too long, i seem to 'lock up' and its uncomfortable to move after?

i only ask incase its somthing common in hairdressers..

they make me feel like im making a massive deal out of nothing, and somtimes i think ' am i just a really big whimp and this happens to everyone but im just moaning?'

i dont have the pains in my hand no, but ive heard of a lot of hairdressers getting carpel tunnel syndrome. repetitive movements in the hand triggers it. as for the knees being over weigh puts preasure on the joints as you know and standing for long periods of time as hairdressers do lol doesnt make it any easier. maybe fluid around the joints and thats causing pain. i had a lot of aches when i worked 6 till 5 but i do hair from home now which with the little one is not very often. it could be just that your body is completely run down and it doesnt have time to recouperate, get the doc to do a full blood count.

i went again today to sort out the sleep and finaly after 12 years im getting a referal to a sleep clinic i cant wait finaly just to know whats causing it. hope you get your answers i know how frustrating it can be. xx

Ah, thank god they'r helping you! i dont know what i'd do if i couldnt have a full nights sleep, id proberly have a nervous breakdown!

i slept from half 8 last night till half 6 this morning, and had an hours nap earlier, and im still exhuasted. Its just pathetic!

i REALLY hope they help me :(

Back