It's Now Or Never

Well I've measured out the raisins and added mixed spice and cinnamon. Oh and the rest of tomorrow's HEa. I'm suddenly feeling festive! Lol I honestly don't think it'll last more than one brekkie though. Time and an overnight soak will tell.....

Came to bed to find the blonde bombshell had beaten me to it. He's so cute when he's asleep! :)

I didn't even get to see the picture of your dinner. You eat such beautiful food! ;)

I am doing okay, my dad sent me a picture from the funeral that had me in tears, but now I am babysitting across town so my mind's a little more occupied (the kids are really little, all in bed now).

Thank you!

Well another day down and still on plan.

Breakfast:
Hot water and lemon.
Porridge made with 2oz porridge oats (HEb + 4 syns), 350ml soya milk (HEa), 1oz raisins (4 syns) plus spices. Very yummy.

Snack:
Roast chicken mugshot. Apple.

Snack:
Banana and apple.

Dinner:
Grilled salmon, bulgar wheat with chopped carrot and spring onions, served with salad leaves.
Mixed fruit and yoghurt.

So I've eaten quite a bit less today, which is strange given I ran, but I often seem to do that. No bad thing.

Total syns = 8

Am sneezing away now as I forgot to take my antihistamine this morning. Hayfever: one of my recent afflictions. You girls in your twenties, make the most of it. It all starts going south (quite literally sometimes) once you hit 30. :)

Lunch is made for tomorrow and washing up done. That sodding ironing is still glaring at me though. I've invited my parents over for lunch on Sunday, and told my Dad he can choose what we have. I am certain I will have trouble making it SW friendly. It is bound to include crumble for dessert after as well. Eek! Still, it is Father's Day.

Thank you!

Well another day down and still on plan.

Breakfast:
Hot water and lemon.
Porridge made with 2oz porridge oats (HEb + 4 syns), 350ml soya milk (HEa), 1oz raisins (4 syns) plus spices. Very yummy.

Snack:
Roast chicken mugshot. Apple.

Snack:
Banana and apple.

Dinner:
Grilled salmon, bulgar wheat with chopped carrot and spring onions, served with salad leaves.
Mixed fruit and yoghurt.

So I've eaten quite a bit less today, which is strange given I ran, but I often seem to do that. No bad thing.

Total syns = 8

Am sneezing away now as I forgot to take my antihistamine this morning. Hayfever: one of my recent afflictions. You girls in your twenties, make the most of it. It all starts going south (quite literally sometimes) once you hit 30. :)

Lunch is made for tomorrow and washing up done. That sodding ironing is still glaring at me though. I've invited my parents over for lunch on Sunday, and told my Dad he can choose what we have. I am certain I will have trouble making it SW friendly. It is bound to include crumble for dessert after as well. Eek! Still, it is Father's Day.

I have actually read the aerobic workouts can suppress appetites. (not bad eh?) :D

That grilled salmon sounds divine. :drool:

I am 21 so I have nine years to go! :D Well I guess closer to eight since I'm 22 in August... :p

Funny, UK Mother's Day was on a different date than US Mother's Day, but our Father's Day holidays seem to be the same, hm.

My dad is going to be making dutch oven chocolate cake for my sister's birthday, which will be celebrated on Father's day because my folks wer out of town for her real birthday... so I also need to beware of naughty foods this Sunday! :rolleyes:

Have a good night, you are doing well :D:D:D

Last edited:
That's interesting. I may have to see if I can start working my meetings on office days so that I can disappear for lunchtime runs then!

You have a lot of responsibilities for your age (your father-in-law for example). I was far too selfish and self centered back then. I take my hat off to you!

P.s. let yourself enjoy just a little piece of the cake if you can, it sounds very delish!

Last edited:
Thanks. My mom did a good job raising me. ;) But sometimes I feel entirely selfish, like when I roll my eyes and say "yeeeeesss???" when OH's dad calls me for the third time in an hour. :eek: :eek: :eek:

I will see about fitting in a small piece of cake. I am not on a specific diet, just trying to be healthy -- so I try to allow myself a treat once in a while. :D

Last edited:
Well another good day so far. I now feel back in the 'zone' again, thank god. However, I had completely forgotten, I'm out at a double leaving dooo tomorrow evening. I think I will stick to the slimline vodka, as drink will just make me landslide again, and I want that 3.5lb gain from the last fortnight gone Monday evening. But the food! It's a tapas place. So I guess there are obvious choices like avoid anything too fatty, such as salami based dishes. I'll have a salad if there's one on offer and avoid pud. But I don't think it will be great for syns. I guess I need to avoid syns during the day (and I was planning porridge to keep me going till my lunchtime run! I'll have to cut my portion and not have raisins). I'm gonna go hunt through the eating out threads to see what good suggestions I can find. But I'd welcome any from you guys if you have any.

So, food today.....

Breakfast:
Mixed fruit, branflakes (HEb), shape zero yoghurt.

Snack:
Apple and banana.

Lunch:
Roast chicken mugshot.
Salad - salad leaves, remainder of last night's bulgar wheat (with carrots and spring onion mixed in), 1/2 can of mixed pulses.

Snack:
Apple and banana.
Small skinny capuccino (half HEa).
One cadbury's bunny (5 syns).

Dinner:
Lentil soup tonight with sweetcorn thrown in, as I just fancy some sweetcorn and maybe some chopped ham.
Mini banana milkshake (175ml soya milk - rest of HEa plus a banana - 4 syns).

This puts me at 9 syns today.

I now have to go home and scour the house as a certain wee lad has brought home a parasitic infestation of a personal nature. All bedding, bedrooms, bathroom and kitchen must be cleaned. Deep joy.

Hope you are all having a good day.

x

Last edited:
Ick, my sympathies about the parasites!!!! :( Hopefully you can rid the house of them ASAP.

Your food today looks good. I had a small treat yesterday too (a snack size butterfinger... mmmmmmm :heartpump: ). :D

Good luck with the eating out place--I've never heard of it but would suggest what you mentioned, just a salad and any low cal drink they have (or no drink at all, just diet coke or water with lemon ;) ).

Glad you are feeling better. Sorry to hear about the bugs - never mind. My nieces are always picking up various things from school (and probably then passing them on) so I sympathise.

Re: tapas. I think you are right. My suggestions would be: try to stick to stuff with lots of meat in so that you can pick out the meat even if the sauce is a bit fatty. Tomato based sauces will be better. Agree about trying to avoid salami. Potato dishes shouldn't be too bad if they are not mashed in lots of oil. And omlette stuff (sorry, the proper word has gone from my jet lagged brain !). I would agree try to avoid syns tomorrow to compensate but after that I would just do your usual. But MOST of all, enjoy it. There's no point doing this if you can't do that (and I know that it's possible to enjoy and yet still stick to plan).

Great to hear you sounding more positive.

Gail x

Agree with Gails suggestions, go for the tortilla, the tomato based dishes and maybe some of the seafood options could be good too- prawns, octopus that sort of thing although they may be quite oily. Another good option if they do it is seafood or vegetable paella - apart from oil it should be mostly free.

I wish I was in Spain now.

Tortilla - that was the word !!!! Thanks Jules. And I forgot about fish - very good idea :)

I LOVE paella - lucky you Pinkie :D

Gail x

Great suggestions girls thank you. :)

I was up late last night cleaning and up early this morning dyeing my hair - grey roots were reaching critical point. I don't get out often, so when I do, I'm buggered if I'm going in unkempt. Well, as least unkempt as I am able, I have what I call 'spaccy hair'.

Think the tabs have kicked in already, or it was only a small infestation, as on checking the bairn before I went to bed (nice! These are new levels of parental care, thought I'd left that 'end' behind long ago), there were no little critters to be seen. Hopefully its scared him out of picking his nose and eating it though, so a blessing in disguise perhaps. I may have spoken too soon of course lol He made me laugh last night. He has reasoned he has to stay up late and eat because the worms are eating all his food in his tummy and making him hungry lol Heaps of washing still however, but I'm determined to knock the situation on the head. Ah well, best rinse off the hair dye shortly and get ready for work. Smaller portion of syn free porridge awaits too. :)

I'm sure your hair will look fantabulous :D ;)

Excellent job doing that 3.5 miles, was it raining? I had read about rain in other people's journals.

I have no idea about the syns, but those dishes actually sound quite decent. Good thing you found out about the different location. Online menus can be quite helpful yes? :D Best luck for going out to eat. :)

Hey Pinkie

Just caught up on your week, sorry about your gain, I'm sure you will get it back under control in no time. Seems you are back focussed and interested again. It's easy to get lazy with what you eat. I sometimes struggle to motivate myself to cook new things etc because it's just easier to cook what I already know I like!

You are doing so well with all the running too, you have definitely left me a hundred miles behind. I am going to get out and about again, once I get the motivation... Not sure when that will be right now, but I need it to be soon!!

Hope you have enjoyed your meal out and are now getting squiffy on slimline vodka ;)

xxx

Helloo hellooooo!

Am on train home, so should be home by one fingers crossed.

Molly - hair looks ok, all silky looking after the,hair dye. Felt good though, and my dress (one from last year) got complimented on a few times today. :)

Mave - hey chica! Great to see you back. Will go read about your adventures in a min. And don't do yourself down, you're only about 30 miles down! You'll catch up soon enough. If my lump of a carcass can do it, anyone can.

Well tonight went as planned food wise. Drinks - I had a slimline tonic in the pub beforehand. Then what should have been a glass of wine in the restaurant, but it was refilled a few times - so I'll call it 4. Other than that stuck to my plan. Food was lovely, the omlette so delicate and moist, yum. Loved the pearl barley risotto too, I'm gonna experiment with that at home, loved the texture.

Tomorrow will be another funny one. My sister coming over in eve, and she is really fed up at mo. Said I'd make her Chilli and wedges. But she'll want a drink. So I said I'd get vod and diet mixer. I'll ensure rest of day is syn free again.

Last edited:
Back