It's Now Or Never

Sounds yum!

I have favorites, but since I'm the oldest of five and the books got passed down from child to child, they are all trashed really if not already thrown away. I should make a list. I like "Goodnight Moon" and "A Mother for Choco" and the Little Critter series (dunno if those are all American). :)

Did you chat to ringless hottie on train?xxxx

Hey Pinkie,

FANTASTIC loss. Well done. That's fabulous (whether this is your 'best' week or not, it's great).

And congratulations on having a genius son ;)

Gail x

:happy096: on the 5lbs Pinkie.
What you doin' up at this unearthly hour? Me? I'm still on yesterday. Just about to go to bed

julesm said:
I'm sure you had a snog on the train not long ago lady!!!!

Ooh, I'd forgotten about that! Different train line, that one went through North Medway and I was pissed and it was late. This was on the way home from work. He was cute in a young Colin Firth sort of a way. Nom.

gl12282 said:
Hey Pinkie,

FANTASTIC loss. Well done. That's fabulous (whether this is your 'best' week or not, it's great).

And congratulations on having a genius son ;)

Gail x

Thank you Gail. He's a funny little thing I know that. He has a bit of a posh accent too. Odd, as the rest of us have very definite London accents. He sounds more home counties lol I think its all the Classic fm he listens to. Calls it his 'pretty music' and puts it on to go to sleep and when he's waking up. I kid you not lol

Pommette said:
:happy096: on the 5lbs Pinkie.
What you doin' up at this unearthly hour? Me? I'm still on yesterday. Just about to go to bed

Thanks Bev. It's a relief to finally be in the 13s. Although I got down to 13 and a half when the bairn was about a year old, that was on scales at home and I suspect they were half a stone under what these would say (having moved them around the bathroom to find the lightest spot). So I could possibly be at my lightest since my early 20s. I'll celebrate that particular landmark though once SW says I'm under 13st 7lbs.

I woke early again. I've been paged for work (do out of hours application support for my old team still) every day since Saturday at an ungodly hour. So I'm in the early morning habit now.

Have a good day chicas.

x

Thank you WG. How are you getting on now?

Gonna post my planned food quickly whilst I'm on the train. I've found it really helps me keep my focus for the day. I'm still feeling comfortable, not full just comfortable, after my huge tea last night.

Brekkie:
Mixed fruit, branflakes (HEb), shape zero yoghurt.

Snack:
Small skinny capuccino (half HEa) and that other bunny. Think I'm def gonna look for curly wurlys in future though, that extra syn is worth it.
Also fruit - banana and apple.

Lunch:
Mugshot. Veg snacks, carrot, celery, cucumber, cherry tomatoes.

Snack:
Another small skinny capuccino for remaining HEa.
Banana and apple.

Tea:
It'll have to be soup and I'll put some chopped ham and extra frozen mixed Veg in it. Maybe fruit and yoghurt for afters.

Anyway, I've been thinking, or rather had a realisation. I am now feeling quite happy with my body. Perhaps this is why I usually stop losing at just above this weight. I still want to get down to 12 stone, I still have lots to lose. But I am feeling happy about myself physically. I feel like I look like a normal person now and not a fat lump. I'm still an 18, hopefully starting to move in the direction of 16, but I feel good about it. I feel good in my clothes and that is all a massive thing as I know you will all appreciate. I don't feel like a fat, ugly freak anymore, I just feel normal, and well, I'd even go so far to say reasonably attractive.

Just musings to myself really, but I thought it'd be nice to put it in black and white.

I have an awful lot to feel happy about too, so my next step is to be thankful for those things and focus on them rather than the negatives.

* my lovely son, who is healthy, happy, intelligent, funny, sociable - well a normal 8 year old really.

* my own health, which will only improve as I continue on this path.

* my own home. Ok, the bank owns about 40%, but you know what I mean.

* my job. I enjoy it, I'm challenged in it and I work with great people.

* my family. They irritate the hell out of me at times, who's doesnt? But we are all there for each other. And I'm so glad I'm as close to my sister as I am, and that Steven and I see my nephews regularly.

* my good friends. I don't see them often, but again I know I can count on them and have good times when we do get together.

* my independence. We have a young Indian girl in our team at the moment, working for our primary SI partner (consultancy). We have to let her go, we're very reluctant as she's so good. But we're desperately trying to get her another placement in Sainsburys. She is terrified of being sent back home as she has no independence there at all, and basically will be married off. It makes me appreciate our culture and the way my parents brought me up. I am completely independent. That's a wonderful thing.

* the fact I earn a good wage. Ok, I'm in debt, but that can be eradicated in the next 3 years. That's not so bad really. I just need to get on with it and not worry about what I can't have. I can still afford camping trips and a good quality of life for me and the bairn.

* intelligence. Now I really value this. I'm not saying I'm brain of Britain, but I've got enough about me. And I love learning too. I shall sign up for that philosophy course today. I think I need it.

I could go on. But the point is, having come from a place 2 years ago where I was so depressed I couldn't even face taking the bairn to school as I'd burst into tears in the playground (I'd get my sister to take him in) and I basically just shut down and stopped functioning normally. I've come so far mentally and physically since then, and have so much to be thankful for and look forward to. I'm going to make sure I focus on those positives.

Bit deep really, but again, good to see it in black and white.

Anyhoo...... I'm taking the bairn to our first ever cricket match tomorrow evening. Kent v Surrey at the Oval. Got cheap tickets through work and we're both so excited.

Plus! It is now just two weeks today that I will be packing the car up and getting ready to go to Silverstone! Yay!

Hope anyone who has read this far has a lovely day, and think about your positives too. This SW journey is all a part of that.

Toodlepip! xxx

Last edited:
Thank you WG. How are you getting on now?

Gonna post my planned food quickly whilst I'm on the train. I've found it really helps me keep my focus for the day. I'm still feeling comfortable, not full just comfortable, after my huge tea last night.

Brekkie:
Mixed fruit, branflakes (HEb), shape zero yoghurt.

Snack:
Small skinny capuccino (half HEa) and that other bunny. Think I'm def gonna look for curly wurlys in future though, that extra syn is worth it.
Also fruit - banana and apple.

Lunch:
Mugshot. Veg snacks, carrot, celery, cucumber, cherry tomatoes.

Snack:
Another small skinny capuccino for remaining HEa.
Banana and apple.

Tea:
It'll have to be soup and I'll put some chopped ham and extra frozen mixed Veg in it. Maybe fruit and yoghurt for afters.

Anyway, I've been thinking, or rather had a realisation. I am now feeling quite happy with my body. Perhaps this is why I usually stop losing at just above this weight. I still want to get down to 12 stone, I still have lots to lose. But I am feeling happy about myself physically. I feel like I look like a normal person now and not a fat lump. I'm still an 18, hopefully starting to move in the direction of 16, but I feel good about it. I feel good in my clothes and that is all a massive thing as I know you will all appreciate. I don't feel like a fat, ugly freak anymore, I just feel normal, and well, I'd even go so far to say reasonably attractive.

Just musings to myself really, but I thought it'd be nice to put it in black and white.

I have an awful lot to feel happy about too, so my next step is to be thankful for those things and focus on them rather than the negatives.

* my lovely son, who is healthy, happy, intelligent, funny, sociable - well a normal 8 year old really.

* my own health, which will only improve as I continue on this path.

* my own home (ok, the bank owns about 40%, but you know what I mean.

* my job. I enjoy it, I'm challenged in it and I work with great people.

* my family. They irritate the hell out of me at times, who's doesnt? But we are all there for each other. And I'm so glad I'm as close to my sister as I am, and that Steven and I see my nephews regularly.

* my good friends. I don't see them often, but again I know I can count on them and have good times when we do get together.

* my independence. We have a young Indian girl in our team at the moment, working for our primary SI partner (consultancy). We have to let her go, we're very reluctant as she's do good. But we're desperately trying to get her another placement in Sainsburys. She is terrified of being sent back home as she has no independence there at all, and basically will be married off. It makes me appreciate our culture and the way my parents brought me up. I am completely independent. That's a wonderful thing.

* the fact I earn a good wage. Ok, I'm in debt, but that can be eradicated in the next 3 years. That's no so bad really. I just need to get on with it and not worry about what I can't have. I can still afford camping trips and a good quality of life for me and the bairn.

* intelligence. Now I really value this. I'm not saying I'm brain of Britain, but I've got enough about me. And I love learning too. I shall sign up for that philosophy course today. I think I need it.

I could go on. But the point is, having come from a place 2 years ago where I was so depressed I couldn't even face taking the bairn to school as I'd burst into tears in the playground (I'd get ny sister to take him in) and I basically just shut down and stopped functioning normally. I've come so far mentally and physically since then, and have so much to be thankful for and look forward to. I'm going to make sure I focus on those positives.

Bit deep really, but again, good to see it in black and white.

Anyhoo...... I'm taking the bairn to our first ever cricket match tomorrow evening. Kent v Surrey at the Oval. Got cheap tickets through work and we're both so excited.

Plus! It is now just two weeks today that I will be packing the car up and getting ready to go to Silverstone! Yay!

Hope anyone who has read this far has a lovely day, and think about your positives too. This SW journey is all a part of that.

Toodlepip! xxx

Aww what a lovely post to read first thing in the morning. You have done amazingly well, not just weight wise but also in yourself. You do have a lot to be proud and pleased of but it is not always easy to see that. A lot of those things are a reflection on how great you are as a Mum, Sister, Colleague, Friend and person - so you should be proud of yourself.

I went to the Oval on Monday night to see Kent vs Surrey but the 4 day match. Hope you and your adorable son have a lovely time. Just to let you know I found absolutely no SW friendly food in the ground. Lots of Indian takeaway, burgers and sandwiches, although my BF tells me that at the 20-20 matches they often do a BBQ so that may be an idea if you were wanting to buy food in the ground, otherwise take a picnic :)

Hope you have a great day
Penny x

p.s - curly wurlys are FAB

Hey Penny. Thank you for the lovely reply. Yes, I should be proud of me too you're right.

I will probably have to get tea before the match. But I'll take some extra cash so the bairn can have a bbq if he wants it. He will, he's a bottomless pit (and so skinny too!).

He was telling me how only about three of the children in his year don't have crisps, him being one. But he doesn't mind as his lunchboxes are so yummy and they're good for him. I did have to laugh. Let's hope he remembers all that when he's a grotty teenager. I'm proud of him though, as I know one of the kids won't take humous in his lunchbox, which he loves, as the other children tease him. I'm glad my son is able to do his own thing regardless of peer pressure. Again, let's hope that continues.

Hey Penny. Thank you for the lovely reply. Yes, I should be proud of me too you're right.

I will probably have to get tea before the match. But I'll take some extra cash so the bairn can have a bbq if he wants it. He will, he's a bottomless pit (and so skinny too!).

He was telling me how only about three of the children in his year don't have crisps, him being one. But he doesn't mind as his lunchboxes are so yummy and they're good for him. I did have to laugh. Let's hope he remembers all that when he's a grotty teenager. I'm proud of him though, as I know one of the kids won't take humous in his lunchbox, which he loves, as the other children tease him. I'm glad my son is able to do his own thing regardless of peer pressure. Again, let's hope that continues.

Aren't all 8 year old boys bottomless pits?! I bet he always running around and burning off those calories. Definitely a good thing that he does what he wants and not want to be a lunchbox sheep!
Have a good day x

Morning Pinkie

That is a good post first thing on a morning. A list of the things in our life to be thankfull for. Made me sit and think for a little while. Thanks for that.

My Son is a bottomless pit too, constantly eating and like a rake. He also likes different things for his lunch at school, he'll often take pasta or couscous, both my kids like olives (like me) and any fish and seafood too which a lot of kids don't. In fact they'll pretty much eat anything.

Have a lovely day xxx

Pinkie, your list is fantastic and humbling! I have tried to remember things to be thankful for in my daily prayers but I should make a list for myself, too! :)

You've come such a long way and you deserve to feel good in your own skin. You're such a good mum and a good worker too, and a nice person to chat with on minimins. It's great to see such a lovely list of positives on your diary. :)

Have a great day! :wavey:

Ah thank you Molly, that is a really sweet thing to say. :) x

Saddle Bags, thank you too, I'm glad to have been of service. x

Just had tea, as planned but FOUR quorn sausages may have jumped in. I only had the one banana today though. Like that makes up for it! lol

Just as well I'm planning a run tomorrow I guess.

Philosophy course all booked up. It'll cost me £70 p/m so I need to factor that into my budget/see where else I can save. But it gives me my sanity. New, smaller clothes will have to wait till my birthday and Christmas. Oh the excitement, I could actually turn 38 and be 12 stone!

Great post Pinkie. Those posts are so important for showing us (and others) how far we've come and why we are doing this. Well done :)

Good luck on the philosophy course - definitely not my cup of tea but I'm sure you'll do well on it :)

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Back