It's Now Or Never

Ooh, I lurve Bournville choc... Used to scoff a lot of it when I worked in a wee sweet shop in my teenage years! Haven't had any sort of chocolate for ages!

Right today's actual food then, ahem...

Breakfast:
Mixed fruit, branflakes (HEb), shape zero yoghurt.

Snack morning:
Plum and satsuma

Snack lunchtime:
Banana, satsuma, Apple.

Late lunch mid afternoon:
LF Supernoodles with spinach. 8 pieces of Bourneville choc (12.5 syns).

Evening snack:
2 packs of supernoodles.
14 slices of ham (I **** you not!)
Bowl of mixed fruit with shape zero yoghurt.
28g cheese (HEa).

I think that's everything. I now have chronic indigestion and feel an attack of IBS coming on, something I've avoided for months. So I've been a pig, but kind of within the SW boundaries when you look at my superfree intake over the day. An so shattered too. Fell asleep on sofa earlier while the bairn was cuddled up watching a Millwall DVD. For once it wasn't the football either that sent me off.

Sleepy byes I think. Zzzzzzzzz x

Well I didn't think your food was that bad, you ate a little more like a maintainer today but I do not think you totally binged if that makes you feel any better.

Glad you got to snuggle with your boy. Have a good night and start over tomorrow! :wavey:

Thanks Molly. I'm blaming star week, its imminent, the foul mood has started :)

Anyway today's plan (though I should probably jot this in a notebook rather than here)....

Breakfast:

Snack:
I'm buying fruit on the way in, so prob Apple, banana, clementine.
Capuccino (half HEa).

Lunch:
Mugshot, snack vegetables including cherry tomatoes, chopped Chinese leaf lettuce, carrot sticks.

Snack:
More fruit, shape zero yoghurt.
Capuccino (remaining HEa).

Dinner:
Soup with mixed pulses and chopped beetroot added.
Maybe strawberries and Greek yoghurt for pud.

Possibly a bunny for 5 syns at some point.

Am majorly stressing about cash at the mo. It's going to be a problem till September now. I've already warned the bairn that it will be a sparse birthday and Christmas this year. Which is fine, I just need to be a little more ingenuitive with the money I will have available. All a few months off, but I tend to think ahead a few months with my dosh anyway. Trouble is the holidays are approaching and we're going camping in Devizes for a week, which will cost a bomb in petrol. At least I'll get a week off childminding fees though.

Had a nice chilled soak in the bath, with salt scrub etc and left an oil mix on my hair overnight to give it a treat. Feels better already. I also gave my face a scrub and left a moisturising mask on for 15 mins. I am convinced my skin looks better for it. I suffer from slightly bad skin, always have, and its a bit annoying, I can be quite self conscious of it. It seems to have smoothed out a bit however for the little pamper. Also pumiced my hoofs and trimmed nails etc, couldn't be bothered to buff and paint them though. I've decided I need to do that little regime once a week. It's a cheap feel good treat. Chilled afterwards flicking through the health mag I bought from Holland and Barrett a couple of weeks back.

Today will be a busy one at work, have a few meetings and documents I need to finalise and produce. I really do enjoy my work though, so I count myself very lucky.

Anyway, I'm on train and about to lose my signal in the Kent countryside. Music on, mag out. Have a good day all. x

Lol, I can relate to so much of your post - if you read the one I've just posted it is almost exactly the same in regards to money. I hate being skint, but am determined it won't get any worse, esp when bf challenged me not to be in any more debt by the time he comes back. I really would like to save a little bit each month so I can contribute to our holiday when he comes back, so I will be the hermit studying in my room for the next 4 months!!

As for bad skin, I can relate to that too. Never had full blown acne, but always has bumpy skin, since I was about 12 I spose. 29 now and I still have zits lol. The onyl thing I find that makes a difference is sunshine. When I get a bit of colour, my complexion seems to improve no end. That's why I use sunbeds as well, my dr recommended it after I kept getting a few spots on my back. Definitely makes a difference.

Have a good day at work, it definitely helps to enjoy it :) xx

Well best of luck with saving the money -- until my hubby is done with college and has a full-time paying job, we're going to be penny-pinching for sure! I've got no kiddies yet even!

Sounds like you had a right lovely spa-time for yourself. :) My hubby has to fuss over his skin all the time to keep it looking decent; he had acne as a teen and it still lingers a bit so he uses Proactive and finds it helps a great deal. (I'm sure he'd love me sharing this with you!!) Anyway, my hubby understands for sure!

Best of luck with saving those dollars. You have a sweet boy and I'm sure he'll understand; I remember being more than sympathetic when my parents told us we'd have a little Christmas.

Hi pinkie! Sorry about your STS. As you say you will probs have a great loss next week, and it's good to hear you've set yourself a goal. I'm sure you can get that 4 off!!

Sounds like you did have a bit if a feast but when you take into account your superfree lunch it's not too bad! X

Evening all!

Maverick said:
Lol, I can relate to so much of your post - if you read the one I've just posted it is almost exactly the same in regards to money. I hate being skint, but am determined it won't get any worse, esp when bf challenged me not to be in any more debt by the time he comes back. I really would like to save a little bit each month so I can contribute to our holiday when he comes back, so I will be the hermit studying in my room for the next 4 months!!

As for bad skin, I can relate to that too. Never had full blown acne, but always has bumpy skin, since I was about 12 I spose. 29 now and I still have zits lol. The onyl thing I find that makes a difference is sunshine. When I get a bit of colour, my complexion seems to improve no end. That's why I use sunbeds as well, my dr recommended it after I kept getting a few spots on my back. Definitely makes a difference.

Have a good day at work, it definitely helps to enjoy it :) xx

It's a pain the old skin isn't it. I have realised though, that one way or the other I'm always touching my face - you know, like cupping my face in a hands in meetings, that sort of thing. Can't help. So today I've consciously tried to stop doing that after my little exfoliate and mask last night.

As for money, I'm gonna look at some 0% cards this week to at least get interest down. I have a car loan though, which has just over three years left. I'm determined to pay my mortgage off in 10 years as well, so I can put ny mortgage money towards paying for Bairn's education should he go into HE. It'll barely touch the sides, but it will all help. He can sodding work for the rest. Ah well. I've managed before now on virtually nothing - but I didn't have debt then. Once summer is out of the way, I know I can start upping my repayment rates.

missfortissimo said:
Well best of luck with saving the money -- until my hubby is done with college and has a full-time paying job, we're going to be penny-pinching for sure! I've got no kiddies yet even!

Sounds like you had a right lovely spa-time for yourself. :) My hubby has to fuss over his skin all the time to keep it looking decent; he had acne as a teen and it still lingers a bit so he uses Proactive and finds it helps a great deal. (I'm sure he'd love me sharing this with you!!) Anyway, my hubby understands for sure!

Best of luck with saving those dollars. You have a sweet boy and I'm sure he'll understand; I remember being more than sympathetic when my parents told us we'd have a little Christmas.

Yeah he'll be fine. I've never spoilt him and he doesn't ask for much. But boy, all the little clubs, school trips etc etc They all add up. Once summer is out of the way, I'll devise an economy drive and get him to help me make suggestions. It won't do him any harm to see the value of things. :)

So, I pretty much stuck to plan today. Didn't have second capuccino, so I had a slice of cheddar when I got in. I also added some frozen mixed veg to my soup - it was more like a broth once I was done. Lovely. Also had 8 pieces of Bourneville choc (12.5 syns). I really enjoyed that too.

So no usual fruit for me tonight. My IBS did flare up last night, meaning I get a chronic indigestion. Ended up making myself a hot water bottle at half three this morning so I could ease the pain and get some sleep. It feels a bit niggly tonight as well, hence no more to eat. I hope its not the chocolate that's aggravating it. How gutting would that be?

My wee bairn is cuddled up, reading about Einstein, bless! LOL He's been making me little swirly pictures for my office wall on his paint spinner tonight. Then we did one together. We don't do that sort of thing too often these days. So its nice when we do.

My life really is very rock 'n' roll huh? :)

julesm said:
Hi pinkie! Sorry about your STS. As you say you will probs have a great loss next week, and it's good to hear you've set yourself a goal. I'm sure you can get that 4 off!!

Sounds like you did have a bit if a feast but when you take into account your superfree lunch it's not too bad! X

Hey Jules! Well theoretically it should be doable this week. I need to get my running back up again though. That will get the losses higher again. Ho hum, we just gotta keep plugging away huh, I'll get there eventually. :)

Sorry about that indigestion, definitely no fun at all! Hopefully it's not the chocolate that's causing it. In my family we have a little bit of acid reflux, that's not fun either! :eek: Sounds like a good trade-off, the chocolate for the fruit, though. :)

I hope your IBS symptoms go away; my sister has Crohns and she can definitely relate to flare-ups.

Last edited:
Pinkie - I can certainly relate to your IBS. I had it big time before my hysterectomy. Then it all went away - not recommending that course of action though. It's a bit drastic.

Sounds as though your week is going well and spending time with the bairn must be really good. They grow up so fast! So enjoy it whilst you can.

Night hun - have a good day tomorrow (well today now really!)

Thanks girls. I generally have the IBS under control. Healthy diet is usually all it takes. Occasionally, it will flare up, I think certain foods may aggravate it, or just overeating, or eating badly will do it. Because its so irregular though it can be hard to work out specific triggers. This was a very mild bout. Normally when it comes, I'm in for several days of sheer torture. But I've now learnt that when I get even the slightest niggle, to just not est anything at all and sip at water, or maybe camomile tea. Medication has never helped, just aggravates it in fact. I'm prob being wussy I know. It's fine now though. But generally healthy eating keep it at bay, so I can't complain really. I suspect three packets of supernoodles were to blame. I won't be doing that again lol

Beanie is off to cub camp tomorrow night. I'm really excited for him. Have to think of something fun to do tonight for an hour when we get home. I don't get him back till nearly half seven usually, so we don't get massive amounts of time together. Who'd be a working Mum eh? But where it is just the two of us, at least I can devote the available time to him rather than spread it out. He's been quite sweet this week. After all these years has started wishing me a good day when I leave in the mornings, and asking how my day was when I collect him. I had pointed out he was a selfish little sod though, and that the world didn't revolve around him. Only child syndrome....

Anyway, planned food for today....

Breakfast:

Snack:
Fruit, I'm in a workshop all morning.

Lunch:
Mugshot, chopped red pepper, cherry tomatoes, carrot sticks. (Looks far too orange/red - wish I'd stuck something green in there).
Shape zero yoghurt.

Snack:
More fruit.

Tea:
Soup again I think (guess who's broke right now) - this time I'll use up the beetroot and pulses that I meant to do yesterday.
I'm not gonna have the choc tonight, in case that is aggravating me.

Have a good day all. x

Every sympathy from me too, a fellow IBS sufferer.
These days mine is usually triggered by too much gluten. Because hubby is a coeliac, and follows a strict gluten free diet, the vast majority of my diet is also free of gluten, so when I have too much - well, won't go into too much details!

Evening all!

It's a pain the old skin isn't it. I have realised though, that one way or the other I'm always touching my face - you know, like cupping my face in a hands in meetings, that sort of thing. Can't help. So today I've consciously tried to stop doing that after my little exfoliate and mask last night.

OMG I do that too, and I know that's why I have bad skin. I find it most when I'm at work, sitting at my desk, when I'm pondering something, my hands are always on my face, or neck. I don't really do it outwith work, so I reckon it's some sort of stress relief reflex!!

I do try to use face scrubs etc, but I don't generally have time to faff in the shower in the morning and I'm not the pampering sort who would sit of an evening and do it!!

Ah you see girls; it's good to share! :)

Funnily enough the sun makes no diff to my skin.

Anyhoo, quick food update. Mostly as planned. Had a capuccino this afternoon and a dairylea triangle when I got in, which is my HEa.

Didn't have lunch yoghurt or fruit in afternoon, didn't get the chance. Tea: pulses and beetroot had turned, do just had soup with extra frozen veg, which I then burnt. Just having mixed berries with a shape zero now. My syns went on 2 bunnies (10 syns) plus 2 little lindor sized chocs, which I'm putting down a further 5 syns for. Hopefully that's not underestimating.

Ironing and other boring household chores beckon. Deep joy.

I have to play music when doing boring chores such as those. Mainly laundry and doing dishes, seeing as we don't have an iron... :p

Food looks good as usual, sorry about the burnt veggies though!

How do you get the creases out without an iron????? I am intrigued to find there may be a solution to never having to iron again!!!!!!! :confused:

xx

Back