It's Now Or Never

I don't understand couples like that at all. I have a friend who is always having crazy arguments with her bf and I couldn't live like that!

Well done on sorting out the garden. And I LOVE the car boots, you will love getting involved in those, particularly when it's lovely and sunny.

Sounds like you had a fantastic day! And well done with the run. That is very impressive! X

Yay! Well done you!

2lb for me tonight, too! Xx

Night!

Well done lovely that is brilliant, it all adds up :)

Well done Pinkie, that's great. Fantastic - and you were dreading it !!

Good luck for this week.

Gail x

Yay! Well done you!

2lb for me tonight, too! Xx

So I saw - well done missy!!

We done on your losses ladies, excellent progress is being made :)

Thanks Jules! I think we are getting there, slowly but surely.

Well done lovely that is brilliant, it all adds up :)

Exactly - even if I only lost a lb a week, that would still be nearly another 40lbs off by the end of the year - which would be stunning!

Well done Pinkie, that's great. Fantastic - and you were dreading it !!

Good luck for this week.

Gail x

Thanks Gail - you're right I was, can't believe it really, was convinced I had put on. I might change the title of my thread to - I hate Mondays! ;-) Good luck to you too!

So I seem to have this cold that everyone does - my son is hacking away badly - but his coughs always sound very bad. (See Laura, not even past the first sentence and I'm banging on about my 'significant other'! ;-) )

Yesterday I felt quite rubbish, and not much better today. Still eating like a horse though - I have NEVER lost my appetite due to illness.

I ended up eating supernoodles as a snack mid morning as I was feeling really munchy (despite having eated breakfast), and then I had a HUGE plate full of savoury rice, chicken, tomatoes, spinach, green beans. Loads of fruit throughout the day - then had 5 pieces of bacon and a bowl of fruit and yohurt later on.

It is definitely a downside to homeworking - that if I'm having a munchie sort of a day - there are more opportunities to succumb. Although, at least I can hit the fruit or other free options. Those alpen light bars nearly got it - but in my head - I have to limit myself on these - I think they are a danger point for me at the moment. Sundays only for my HEb.

Anyhoo - today I am homeworking again (had to drop/collect bairn off at school, at times that don't suit the childminder as she has other kids etc - this is because he is on a school trip to London). I am so nervous - worrying that he might get lost from his group etc etc. I was fine leaving him - didn't hang about to wave the coach off like most mums, just walked back home and got on with work. But whilst walking back the panic started setting in. Supposing he doesn't get on the coach - and they forget he's there - should I go back and make sure he's on OK. Will he be upset that he can't see me to wave etc? He'll be fine - he doesn't even say good bye half the time when I drop him off, he finds a little friend and that's it, gone. He's very independent, and I wouldn't want it any other way. Doesn't stop me worrying though - I just try to keep it inside and keep busy so I don't let it build up and get out of hand.

Oh god, why on earth do we have kids!? ;-)

Yeah, so I collect him at 4.30, so am having a whole day homeworking and feeling very fired up today - got LOADS done this morning, which feels great. It is a bit colder though, so am sat here in my Suzuki snuggly fleece that I bought at Silverstone last year.

Sneakily I am also trying to catch up on the minimins posts - I miss out on all the sigs etc when I do it on the phone - so I don't always see how people are doing as part of their bigger picture. Makes you really pleased for people when you see their total losses doesn't it? It just shows how, if you keep working at it, they add up.

I am a bit lame and haven't gone out again for a run since Sunday. I was supposed to go yesterday morning - but didn't make it as we were both a bit full of cold and the bairn didn't wake up till 8.00!!!! Very late for him. So I'm hoping to do day 2 tomorrow. In the meantime, I'm trying to walk whenever possible - minimum taking him to school and back. I even went off track this morning and collected another bairn so his Mum didn't have to go out twice, what with taking her daughter to school as well.

Am really pleased with my 2lb loss last week - I felt surprised, though on reflection I kind of thought - hell, I stuck to plan, I've upped my walking - of course 2lb is about fair. I think I just dread Lumpy Mondays. I never feel good before a WI - and how I feel never seems to have a direct impact on what I lose - so it's the not knowing what the outcome will be that does my head in. I have to say, with WW I always knew how I'd done beforehand, I could jsut feel it - so I didn't get great surprises. It seems to be more of an inexact science for me with SW - probably because I can eat so much more filling food. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter, so long as I lose it, and can stick to the plan long term. I would like to lose another 2 st 8lbs by early December. I would be over the moon if I could do that. That equates to about a lb a week. Eek! Should be doable though, and if can get my running up - even more doable.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do for my lunch today - or tea. I didn't make the planned lasagne yesterday, and my son is going to have tea at my sisters tonight (my nephew got a bearded dragon that he is desperate to show Steven). So it kind of leaves me a bit high and dry. Maybe some SW chippy type things..... I'm not sure - I'll have a rummage about in the freezer and see. I don't want to be too ad-hoc though, as experience tells me that way be where dragons lie!

I'll stop prattling on now. This comes of nearly 4 days without any real adult interaction! :)

Hope you're all having a great day - and thanks again for your support - I am so glad I decided to start writing on here - and got to 'know' you all - it really does make all the difference. xx

Right my food....

Breakfast:
mixed fruit, canned prunes (2 syns), branflakes (HEb), low fat yoghurt - I just NEVER tire of this breakfast, every mouthful I savour and adore. 2 cups of tea (with milk from HEa).

Snack:
2 clementines, tea (with milk from HEa)

Lunch:
back to the old favourite - supernoodle omelette, with wilted spinach (lots of) on a HUGE bed of salad leaves. Wish I had put a little more salt in, but was still yummy. Fruit and a pot of shape 0% yoghurt for pud. Cup of tea (HEa)

Dinner:
Found a beef stew in the freezer, so I'll have that this evening. Bound to me more fruit in the offing too - mixed fruit with kiwi fruit. More cups of tea (using up HEa).

Total syns: 2 (planned so far anyway)
Water: 2 pints in it's own right, and quite a bit with tea, not been in a herbal mood today.
Exercise: walking to and from school - about 60 mins in total.

Ok then. Enough of me messing around with this diet - I now mean business. I have walked 14 miles in the last two days - changed to green days instead of extra easy and I am even cooking a quorn bolgnaise as I speak - (never tried quorn before)

I am aiming to walk 30 miles this week - I will complete this task - Hopefully this should make a difference to my weight loss this week. STS this week - so fingers crossed for a more successful week.

I wish everyone luck in this forthcoming week and am so inspired by you all losing this unwelcome weight. XX

Ok then. Enough of me messing around with this diet - I now mean business. I have walked 14 miles in the last two days - changed to green days instead of extra easy and I am even cooking a quorn bolgnaise as I speak - (never tried quorn before)

I am aiming to walk 30 miles this week - I will complete this task - Hopefully this should make a difference to my weight loss this week. STS this week - so fingers crossed for a more successful week.

I wish everyone luck in this forthcoming week and am so inspired by you all losing this unwelcome weight. XX

Good luck Susie! And 14 miles - that will be great. A friend of mine is starting to up her walking, as she is taking part in the Edinburgh Moon Walk. I wish I had the time to do more walking!

I definitely agree that having the support on here makes a helluva difference. I wouldn't have half the motivation if I didn't know I could sit down here and read everyone else's stories on a daily basis, and give and receive the required support.

Despite what bf thinks, there is a lot to be said for t'internet!!!

I'm sure Steven will be fine today and have had a fab day by the time you meet him off the bus! xx

30 Miles is soooo far lol, good luck with it xx

Thanks girls. Yes I'm sure he is, he usually does - I love seeing him grow up and do all the normal things that little boys (and girls) do. As I said to him last night, I can't be doing too bad a job, its not as if I've killed you off or anything yet. He seemed to find the funny side of it anyway. ;-)

Aww. If/when I have kids I'd love to be as close to them as you are to the bairn, and I am to my Ma! Your food looks good. I seriously have to try the noodle omelette! X

Back