It's Now Or Never

Ah my apologies. Was thinking of the other lot in the league. Didn't think we'd beaten them. Though my memory for these things is shocking. Do you go regularly? Must admit, since I've had the bairn I rarely do away days anymore, and despite the shocking way we get treated, I do kind of miss it.

I've missed 4 away games so far this season. All played midweek and too far to get to or couldn't rearrange work. I love the away days more than home I think because I do matchday hospitality and club photographer which means missing some of the game. We have a lot of very long northern day trips though (york, Gateshead, Darlington, Barrow, Grimsby, altrincham) so not sure I'd do as many next season. Unless we (fingers crossed not tempting fate) do go up and there are lots of new grounds to visit.

Sent from my iPhone

julesm said:
Mmmm all this frozen yog/ice cream talk is making me super jealous. If you make frozen yog out of onken, how often would you have to whisk it up?

Hi Jules. In the past I've whisked it every 30 mins for the first 2 hours and then left it. I think that's pretty standard with all ice creams/frozen yoghurts! Xx

Minus3.5 said:
I've missed 4 away games so far this season. All played midweek and too far to get to or couldn't rearrange work. I love the away days more than home I think because I do matchday hospitality and club photographer which means missing some of the game. We have a lot of very long northern day trips though (york, Gateshead, Darlington, Barrow, Grimsby, altrincham) so not sure I'd do as many next season. Unless we (fingers crossed not tempting fate) do go up and there are lots of new grounds to visit.

Sent from my iPhone

So you deal with the sponsors then? What are they like there? I find them, or moreso their guests to be arrogant drunken pricks most of the time. Though I suppose I notice the worse behaviour more than the good.

Yes I love away days. Cracking atmosphere from the Wall (we're the best behaved supporters in the land.... lol) Still have Barnsley away as a possibility, last game of the season. But to be honest I really can't afford it. I will see nearer the time....

Oh and I've got a pic you might like. I'll post it up later when I'm home.

:)

Breakfast:
Cuppa (splash of milk - 0.5 syns)
Mixed fruit, canned prunes (2 syns), branflakes (HEb), muller light.

Snack:
Apple

Lunch:
Savoury rice with mixed veg stirred in. Muller light, banana, apple. Liquorice tea.

Dinner:
Laughing cow cheeses (HEa). Chicken, vegetables and rice with chicken stock and spices.

Total 2.5 syns.

Bloody shattered. Didn't sleep well then paged just as I was dozing off :-(

Hope u have a great weekend pinkie!x

Oh no! I had that, too... Was lying in bed still not asleep at 2am (last time I looked at the clock) and then got a phonecall at 3.30. Before getting up at 5 to walk the dogs. Argh! But, IT'S FRIDAY!! YAY!
xx

Pinkie1973 said:
So you deal with the sponsors then? What are they like there?

Oh and I've got a pic you might like. I'll post it up later when I'm home.

:)

I deal more with visiting directors and FA people. They're generally okay as long as they "get" what we're about. We do get the occassional idiot. We got more of them in the lower leagues though.

Oooooh. Piccy. :) can't wait.

Zxx

Sent from my iPhone

I'll stick piccy up over the weekend. Prepare to be underwhelmed though lol

Am sitting at London Bridge having a latte waiting for my train. I have nearly 2 hours travelling ahead of me, by the time I've changed trains. The joys. Anyway, thought I'd write up my food quickly. Though haven't had tea yet. Maybe a quick omelette when I get in, if I can stay awake long enough.

Breakfast:
Cuppa with milk (HEa).
Mixed fruit, canned prunes (2 syns), branflakes (HEb), low fat yoghurt. Liquorice tea.

Snack:
Apple and liquorice tea.

Lunch:
Took my friend to lunch, his Dad died last week (muscular dystrophy sufferer) and it was his first day back in the office, so I took him out, just for a break really. Anyhoo, I had seabass on crushed new potatoes with spinach, green beans and asparagus, with a lemon and basil sauce. Twas gorgeous. No idea what was in the sauce, but it really didn't taste oily at all. I am trying to avoid syns for the rest of the day though just in case. 4 slimline tonics.

Back at desk: muller light yoghurt and another apple, plus more liquorice tea.

Snack: 2 bananas and liquorice tea

Quick drink after work: 3 slimline tonics, and the latte (rest of HEa).

Manic day today as I'm away next week, so had to chase a lot of stuff down, else it won't get done and my project will be delayed. All had performance and pay reviews too. I got an achieving - which is pretty good considering I only got promoted to the role 4 months ago, and for most of that I've still been doing my old job. However it seems I won't be getting a payrise this year very few people are it seems. It's the way of the world at the moment. I've had a good innings thus far though, so I can't complain too much. I have a job that I mostly enjoy. For now anyway. The one thing I do hate us the uncertainty, scares the **** out of me. Best not think about it, and just keep doing my best hey? I worry too much that's my problem. :)

Don't worry! I know what you mean though. I feel really lucky to have my job when there are so many people who have none. I do work damn hard though.

Your food looks good today! And that lunch sounds delicious! Xx

That is excellent! Now, that is a sense of humour!

Here's a little something to amuse those if you who aren't out enjoying yourselves on a Friday night...... (or maybe that's just me, still stuck on the train.....)

Sadly not out enjoying myself on a Friday either !!! Article was funny although I couldn't find the text to start with so couldn't understand why you and Sausage found the picture of a car so funny :cool:

Hope your journey has been ok.

Gail x

Hi Gail - yes thanks - it only took 1 3/4 hours in the end - yippee!! I saved time because I lazily drove to the station this morning.

I have just had one of my supernoodle omelette specials - quick, dirty but lovely and filling. I had a huge pile of salad leaves and spinach with it two, plus 2 clementines. Think I'm OK for superfree there at least.

Now, I'm looking about for cheap breaks next week - I can get a caravan for £118 in Felixstowe - but.... what the hell is there in Felixstowe apart from a port to get away from it? If anyone knows of anything please shout. The best I've found so far is a couple of castles and an owl sanctuary. Oh and we are not really amusements type people. The main attraction is the price and the fact it has an indoor pool.....

Oooh - nearly forgot - my piccy for Zoe! :)

As a Wimbledon supporter you might like this, my lad with the midget.... :) Who incidentally was soft as anything with him, pathetically so! lol

CNV00007.jpg

Also, here he is (my son, not Wise), with his namesake. :) We went through the squad list (as you do), and that was the one we settled on because

a) we didn't mind any of the permutations of the name
b) he never gave up, and that was a quality I decided I liked - he was a good player for us at that time (not such a great manager, but there you go, the bloke didn't really get a chance thanks to the dodgy greek).

CNV00009-1.jpg

And yes my boy did have a freakily large head - so much so it got stuck and they had to give me an emergency C, and make further incisions to unwedge the little sod. Looks so funny now on that skinny little body of his. He's a clever lad though, so I'm guessing it's housing all those brains! :)

Right - I'm back to the camping idea. Which means now I am trying to think about food too. I only have a little cool box, so will have to buy food each day pretty much.

1) I have a couple of portions of frozen lentil/bacon soup - I'll take that for tea Monday evening.
2) I have minced beef mix from last week's tapas left over - I can turn that into burgers one night.
3) I shall take a load of pasta and veggies - easy peasy meal.
4) Where the hell am I going to put my frozen fruit? I may have to buy fresh each day - erk!
5) As an aside I'm a bit annoyed that my son is too young for Go Ape - I really fancy a bit of that.
6) I have a sh*t load of ironing to do before I go.
7) I could do a stir fry one evening - I have some pork in the freezer.
8) Things in the freezer are good - as they can then slowly defrost in the coolbox (which is electrical, so I will glamp it - and get electrical hook up somewhere)
9) I might pop down to the camping shop and stock up on guy pegs (I always lose a few each trip) and maybe a new light I can plug in - my one is great but gets a bit dark when used in the main area.
10) I fancy Oxford way perhaps, or maybe Cotswolds.
11) I want to take the bike

These random thoughts (plus a million others, like I need to get my last week 3 run in today, and paint the fence and do some digging, and fill the car up with petrol and get the crack in my windscreen fixed and there is a rattling noise under the car dammit) - are running through my head while I sit here trying to decide where I want to go.

Ooh a lovely bike just went past. Shame I know the bloke underneath the helmet looks like an ape. :-(

Sounds awesome! And that plug in cool box should keep things fresh and I want one! You may have lots to do, but you'll get it all done no prob... And then you'll have an amazing time :) xx

:) Thanks little sos. Yes it is really handy actually, plus I can plug it in the car lighter socket en route - has been very handy over the years.

Have booked in MOT and waiting for windscreen people to call back to get that sorted it. I am a woman on a mission. I may even get off my arse shortly and do some gardening. Cuppa first though :)

Am checking out your Horsely and Chertsey in my big sites book. I want a place with a cycle track/trail nearby.

Back