It's Now Or Never

It sounds like you're doing well. Sometimes I eat a little extra when I'm feeling especially hungry myself; I know exactly where you are coming from. ;)

Good luck on that run!!

Wow well done on your running pinkie, you're making me feel bad! And your pb is the same as mine nearly and I started running a year ago! Awesome. Have fun with the boys!

Don't worry about that gain, you will soon get it off. Loved that about "a long wee" - true though!

As for the syns, well I am like you, it doesn't bother me having low syns one day so I can have loads another day, but I guess you just have to play it by ear. Sounds like you have some good free food snacks up your sleeve though.

Xxxx

Well I have just had my first ever mugshot! I quite often fancy something warm and savoury after my salad, so I have one for tomorrow and will get a few in to take to work next week.

The 'boys' are both in their fifties, though still run, go to the gym, play football and I fear they will wipe the floor with me. The shame!

My run times sound better, as I include the warm up and cool down walking time in the overall distance. But once I hit 30 mins running (just a couple of weeks off) I will only measure my running distance.

** edit.

Right tonight I actually had....

1 banana
1 chicken mugshot
5 laughing cow extra lights (HEa)
Loads of mushrooms, sliced and frylighted, 3 quorn sausages and an SW fried egg.
3 satsumas.
1 Apple.

So I really don't think me limiting syns is a problem! Lol

Should sleep well tonight! :)

Last edited:
Hi Pinkie, if you like mugshots, you should try pot noodle in a mug. I bought those this week as they're like 20p cheaper and really prefer them! The chicken one is 1 syn and I think the rest are free. Xxxx

Well a mugshot comes in a packet, a bit like a cup a soup I guess, but lots of little thin noodles in. A pot noodle is quite literally a pot, with dried noodles, peas, soya pieces in that you pour boiling water in to. I will take a look for the pot noodles though. I am a sucker for then - full of rubbish really, but rather yumptious.

Ok so today. Well I did that run. I was lagging behind terribly by the end, and they went a little slower than usual. We only did a 2.5 min walking warm up, and then 39 mins of running! Now I did walk a couple of times. For about 40 seconds once we got to Westminster Bridge (halfway mark) and a couple of times for a few seconds when crossing busy roads, on the way back. I need to map the route properly, but my initial investigation using multimap says 3.5 miles (5.6km) for that running bit. Oh. My. God! My old boss Colin, seems to have boundless energy and was bouncing about all over the place during warm up, virtually doing star jumps and stuff as he went along. And the pair of them were chatting as they ran. How unfit am I? Still, now I know the route I'm happy to join them every Friday. I'll improve eventually I guess, and then be able to go as far as Lambeth Bridge, which currently takes them 45 mins (today's run normally takes them about 33/34 mins). The other guy, Denis, has also challenged me to do a 10k with him at Battersea Park at the beginning of October. It would certainly be something to aim for.

Food....

Morning (pre-run):
2 bananas, 2 apples, shape zero yoghurt.

Lunch (after run):
Mugshot, salad (lettuce leaves, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, beetroot, humous - 5 syns - 1/2 can of mixed pulses). Banana, 2 minstrels (1 syn I think).

Snack:
Apple, and my breakfast - mixed fruit, branflakes (HEb), shape zero yoghurt. Large capuccino (HEa).

Tonight I have seafood risotto that is defrosting which I'll serve with salad leaves.

I only snacked on fruit/yoghurt this morning as I was worried about feeling sick during the run. I may try eating breakfast next time though and see how I go. I generally felt less energetic today.

My wee baby is home with me ALL weekend. My nephew is coming over tomorrow afternoon/night do we're hoping to go cycling. I am very excited though. Hope you're all well xx

Well they do this running lark quite a bit, and fair play to them too. But I'd like to think that with persistence I might not be holding them back.

Just had the hugest plate of salad leaves with a little bit of risotto on it (I burnt the risotto whilst being occupied elsewhere). Am majorly ravenous now but will try not to scoff all evening. Did finish up some tuna/sweetcorn mayo from the bairn's lunch, 0.5 syns for the mayo.

So, total syns today: 6.5 syns. Any further scoffing will be fruit and yoghurt, therefore free.

Oh Wow. That running is absolutely brilliant. Well done you. I am VERY impressed. Yay.

Gail x

Ha ha no don't Jules! Lol

Thanks girls. I am aching today, first time since I very first started.

I'm trying to find a particular type of shelving unit to go in my kitchen. Can I find it anywhere? No! So frustrating. I may have to end up taking something from the Bairns room and persuading my bro-in-law to saw each of the shelves down to size and reattach them. Then of course I'd have to buy a new bookcase for the bairn. Aaaargh!

Oh and I'm looking for a new clock too. Want something a bit different, but am not into too decorative. John Lewis do a clock that you can add photos to that I'm rather fond of. I've also seen a couple of retro ones. All in white.

And I don't actually have the money for any of this. :)

Right now I'm getting in the bath to see if I can ease my aching thighs.

Xx

Pinkie - just got back from my little sojourn to the Mar Menor and read your diary. FANTASIC on the run. If you only held them up 5 or 6 minutes that's no disgrace!

Well a mugshot comes in a packet, a bit like a cup a soup I guess, but lots of little thin noodles in. A pot noodle is quite literally a pot, with dried noodles, peas, soya pieces in that you pour boiling water in to. I will take a look for the pot noodles though. I am a sucker for then - full of rubbish really, but rather yumptious.

Ok so today. Well I did that run. I was lagging behind terribly by the end, and they went a little slower than usual. We only did a 2.5 min walking warm up, and then 39 mins of running! Now I did walk a couple of times. For about 40 seconds once we got to Westminster Bridge (halfway mark) and a couple of times for a few seconds when crossing busy roads, on the way back. I need to map the route properly, but my initial investigation using multimap says 3.5 miles (5.6km) for that running bit. Oh. My. God! My old boss Colin, seems to have boundless energy and was bouncing about all over the place during warm up, virtually doing star jumps and stuff as he went along. And the pair of them were chatting as they ran. How unfit am I? Still, now I know the route I'm happy to join them every Friday. I'll improve eventually I guess, and then be able to go as far as Lambeth Bridge, which currently takes them 45 mins (today's run normally takes them about 33/34 mins). The other guy, Denis, has also challenged me to do a 10k with him at Battersea Park at the beginning of October. It would certainly be something to aim for.

Food....

Morning (pre-run):
2 bananas, 2 apples, shape zero yoghurt.

Lunch (after run):
Mugshot, salad (lettuce leaves, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, beetroot, humous - 5 syns - 1/2 can of mixed pulses). Banana, 2 minstrels (1 syn I think).

Snack:
Apple, and my breakfast - mixed fruit, branflakes (HEb), shape zero yoghurt. Large capuccino (HEa).

Tonight I have seafood risotto that is defrosting which I'll serve with salad leaves.

I only snacked on fruit/yoghurt this morning as I was worried about feeling sick during the run. I may try eating breakfast next time though and see how I go. I generally felt less energetic today.

My wee baby is home with me ALL weekend. My nephew is coming over tomorrow afternoon/night do we're hoping to go cycling. I am very excited though. Hope you're all well xx

Oooh where do you work? I work right near Lambeth Bridge and Westminster Bridges. I'm based along Horseferry Road. I havent run at work for a bit but when I did I used to run between those 2 bridges. Wel done on yours. You did amazingly well! x

Well done you! That run sounds hardcore. Woo for running! And I'm so glad you have the bairn all weekend. Let's talk soon about a bike event? X

*** Self indulgent moan alert! ***

I've put another 3lbs on, feel so down and seem to have completely lost my way on this stupid diet. I can't seem to get the winning mentality back. On reflection its always at the sort of weight where it seems to go wrong. Just at the point where I'm feeling good about myself. I know if I'm good this week I can probably lose the 3.5lbs gain. I know that, yet I fear I'm gonna keep crashing. Aaarrrgh - why can't I take my own advice? I know what I should do, so why don't I do it?

Sorry I haven't caught up on people's diaries. I will. Right now though I am in a rut. Couldn't even stay to group. Which I never get the best of as I have to leave early to collect the bairn. I just wasn't in the mood for sitting about for ages, with about 10 mins of applauding everyone else in their own achievements. Normally I do, but sod that tonight. Going off to collect the bairn now, with the right hump I may add. Humph!

Ouch! I have been stuck in a rut before, most definitely. We all have our gains and there may be some water retention going on for you as well. We are here to encourage and support you! You can get back on the wagon and take that 3 lbs off plus more. It will be hard work, but you've already done a lot of that, so you know you can do it. :)

Chin up, hen. I've lost my way a bit too. And like you it's just as I'm starting to feel good about losing weight.

You and I nee dto refocus together. We can bloody do this. You know it, I know it, anyone reading your diary knows it. It's got to be the easiest diet going. We just have to make the right choices for ourselves. And learn teh only people getting hurt by our cheating and not sticking to plan is ourselves.

We need a group hug - or some meditation - or something.

Sending you a little bit of my spare *oomph*.

As someone said to me earlier - you just need to have one good day at a time.

Let's both make tomorrow our next good day.

Zxx

Right. I've slapped myself about a bit, and pulled myself together. I figured, if my Nan can get through her ordeal, then I can certainly stop being melodramatic about a gain, and get myself on track!

pjallen1982 said:
Oooh where do you work? I work right near Lambeth Bridge and Westminster Bridges. I'm based along Horseferry Road. I havent run at work for a bit but when I did I used to run between those 2 bridges. Wel done on yours. You did amazingly well! x

Thank you Penny. I am at Holborn Circus, so had to run down to the embankment first. Used to work round the corner from you though, towards Victoria Street.

LittleSausage said:
Well done you! That run sounds hardcore. Woo for running! And I'm so glad you have the bairn all weekend. Let's talk soon about a bike event? X
Cheers Little Saus. Yes bikes hurr hurr. Next up will be Thurs to Sunday at Silverstone. It's my annual bairn free trip. I def won't be on plan then. Usually drinking from the moment we wake lol I go intend to do at least two runs round the circuit though.

missfortissimo said:
Ouch! I have been stuck in a rut before, most definitely. We all have our gains and there may be some water retention going on for you as well. We are here to encourage and support you! You can get back on the wagon and take that 3 lbs off plus more. It will be hard work, but you've already done a lot of that, so you know you can do it. :)

Thank you Molly. :) Whatever has caused it (my own gluttonous tendencies mostly) you are right. I just need to get back on the wagon and all will be ok.

Minus3.5 said:
Chin up, hen. I've lost my way a bit too. And like you it's just as I'm starting to feel good about losing weight.

You and I nee dto refocus together. We can bloody do this. You know it, I know it, anyone reading your diary knows it. It's got to be the easiest diet going. We just have to make the right choices for ourselves. And learn teh only people getting hurt by our cheating and not sticking to plan is ourselves.

We need a group hug - or some meditation - or something.

Sending you a little bit of my spare *oomph*.

As someone said to me earlier - you just need to have one good day at a time.

Let's both make tomorrow our next good day.

Zxx

Thanks Zoë. You are right, one day at a time. Consider me your refocus buddy lol

So I've made a start. I've prepared the lunches for tomorrow. Beanie has two wholemeal pitta with humous and loads of veggie sticks. Looks quite scrummy actually. I've got my usual brick of salad plus my usual brekkie. I will allow myself the full 15 syns if I want them.

I have also been thinking about my moods a bit, and I think my body may be moving to new levels if crap pms which evening primrose oil and starflower oil alone aren't dealing with. Had a chat with my Mum to see if she experienced similar in her late thirties. She thinks she may have, but suggested a good multi-vitamin tablet. I think it would be a good start. The doctors will just recommend going on the pill, which has never suited me (I even have a hormone free coil) so I want to explore other, similar options first. It's not the cause of everything, but my pmt is going on over 2 weeks now, and my poor baby is taking the brunt, which isn't fair on him.

So one day at a time. Pack ups sorted for tomorrow, and I've taken the last risotto out of the freezer for tea tomorrow night.

Thanks girls for your support during my wobble. Maybe the big gain is what I needed to kick myself back into gear :-/

Yay that's the spirit Pinkie! Straight back on the wagon, well done. It's hard to give yourself a talking to after a gain / falling off the wagon so I think you've done really well at that. And allowing yourself all the syns and planning ahead as you know are good ways of staying on track. Good luck for the next few days, I'm sure you'll soon get back into the swing of things xxxx

Back