It's Now Or Never

Thanks girls. And thank you everyone for the support last week. I know I ramble on, but it does help so much to get my dieting woes down and focus the mind. :)

Definitely NOT rambling. You continue Missus. That's what we are here for (as missfortissimo said too). Through 'thick and thin' or 'fat and thinner' !)

WELL DONE tonight. Amazing loss. I am so delighted.

Loved the quote about losing a baby between you and sausage.

I'm taking him and his friend camping on Thurs, so we're hoping to do lots of cycling, and he said I can be fielder when they play cricket to help me lose weight. Bless his little cottons!

Awwwww. That's lovely :)

Gail x

Lol, I was sat trying to think of a good analagy and the baby thing was the only one I could come up with!!!

Food today....

Breakfast:
Mixed fruit, branflakes (HEb), low fat natural yoghurt.

Lunch: banana milkshake (banana - 4 syns and soya milk - HEa), 2 satsumas, mugshot with frylighted sliced mushrooms added. Cup of tea (0.5 syn for milk)

Snacks later: 3 alpen light bars 10.5 syns.

Dinner:
Just having it now - soup with quorn sausage and a diet Indian tonic water. Apple and shape zero yoghurt.

Last edited:
Ooh, Quorn sausages - heard at group last night that they've changed the recipe (new ones say "new recipe" on them) and they're no longer free! Gutted.

Hope you've had a good day? X

LittleSausage said:
Ooh, Quorn sausages - heard at group last night that they've changed the recipe (new ones say "new recipe" on them) and they're no longer free! Gutted.

Hope you've had a good day? X

What! I thought they were free? I asked Jules the quorn sausage goddess and she said so! *******s! Well I'm not counting them out of defiance.

missfortissimo said:
That banana milkshake with soy sounds delightful! Is there a specific recipe for it?

Food looks good! :):):)

I just use an overripe banana plus about 250 - 300ml of soya milk. Use another banana if you want to make it thicker, it comes to about a pint.

Pinkie1973 said:
What! I thought they were free? I asked Jules the quorn sausage goddess and she said so! *******s! Well I'm not counting them out of defiance.

I just use an overripe banana plus about 250 - 300ml of soya milk. Use another banana if you want to make it thicker, it comes to about a pint.

Panic not! It's only the ones that say new recipe...

LittleSausage said:
Panic not! It's only the ones that say new recipe...

Yeah, I think I just scoffed 6 of them over the past 2 days. Still not counting them, they can sod off. And I WILL lose weight this week in defiance too. Synning quorn sausages, whoever heard of such a thing!

Am catching up on the weekend's Superbikes. :)

I love your rebellious streak! I DEFY YOU, NEW RECIPE!

I've got to find some time to catch up on BSB too!

I am totally in your zone Pinkie about the syns in quorn sausages. It's outrageous. Agree with not counting what you've had so far though. It's done and over now. I'm gutted too :(

Oooh, and just noticed how close you are to 3 stone now. Yay ! Are you getting lots of compliments from people who are noticing now ?

Gail x

Yeah a few which is really nice. And I've been taking (I think it was you) the tip about being gracious with flattery and not rubbishing it with talk of how much more I had to go etc Now there is one guy who I sort of know from an old project, who has suddenly been very smiley and chatty lately. It's probably nothing, but I've decided to read it as a compliment. And yes, I would. Ha! (Well I wouldn't cos I don't, but if I did I would.) lol

I'm wearing a red fitted dress with red heels tomorrow. Am really nervous about that. I have to run a 4 hour workshop for the project I've joined, and I still feel that there is so much I don't understand. So the dress is a kind if confidence booster, help give the impression I'm the boss and not to **** with me. I'm hoping that will detract from the fact that I'm not as up to speed as the others (show to be fair have been on the project for over a year). We'll see.

Great - it's a lovely feeling. It was about this stage that pretty much everyone started to notice (between 2.5 and 3.5 stone) for me although I had more to lose than you.

Good luck with the meeting tomorrow and well done for choosing something that makes you feel good :)

Night night.

Gail x

missfortissimo said:
Pinkie, I'd LOVE to see pics of your red dress and heels!!! :)

Ditto!

. . . Oh and I lost 5.5lbs.
This was almost hidden - naughty girl - be proud, that's a fantastic loss.
Lamb shank, cooked in wine (6 syns),
How many glasses did you put in? If only one this should be shared between you.
Also, if you boil the wine to remove the alcohol you can reduce the syn value as this is where they all lurk!!!

I'm wearing a red fitted dress with red heels tomorrow.
I always used to wear a bright red suit when do doing big presentaions for PW. Makes an impact on the client. The only problem is it is very memorable. So if it goes well then that's great, if not so well . . .

As Gail said, keep rambling on hun, we're all here to help each other. You've all been fantastic with me over my mum problems - we all need a bit of tlc off each other.

Pommette said:
This was almost hidden - naughty girl - be proud, that's a fantastic loss.

How many glasses did you put in? If only one this should be shared between you.
Also, if you boil the wine to remove the alcohol you can reduce the syn value as this is where they all lurk!!!

I always used to wear a bright red suit when do doing big presentaions for PW. Makes an impact on the client. The only problem is it is very memorable. So if it goes well then that's great, if not so well . . .

As Gail said, keep rambling on hun, we're all here to help each other. You've all been fantastic with me over my mum problems - we all need a bit of tlc off each other.

It was a whole bottle! lol

So far I've had lots of positive comments about said dress, and in one case (male) my shoes. So I feel good in that respect, have gotten my cocked up laptop sorted, now head downing gemming up for the pres. It's almost as if I'm a proper professional! :)

Oh, and thank you! x

I want pictures too....

As a girl who wears jeans n trainers to work I'm always in awe of women who dress well and make a statement.
There's loads of them around Canary Wharf. They probably look at me and think I'm the cleaner.

Minus3.5 said:
They probably look at me and think I'm the cleaner.

I second that. Every day is casual Friday at work!

Back