It's Now Or Never

Saddle Bags said:
Hi Pinkie

My new job starts on 1st August but I finish here today - woo hoo so we are going to the coast tomorrow until Monday then I have the rest of the week off and start the following Monday - I cannot wait!

My boss isn't a sex pest towards me but is real sleazy. This is why:

I don't know how he gets in touch with these girls and have never asked but he chats ALL day on skype to 2 or 3 different Chinese young girls. I say young sort of 22/23 - he is 56 - yeah I can here saying ewww! Last month he went to Korea on business and stopped off in China for 3 nights to meet one of the girls. It is the first time they have physically seen each other - they chat in the office - yes in the office on the webcam. I said to him god, she must have been disappointed when she actually saw you then. He's about 5ft 5 ins ish, and looks a cross between Fred West and Alan Sugar - I kid you not - people at work actually call him Fred to his face!!

Anyway, when he returns from China he proceeds to tell me that things were a little awkward when they first met but after a couple of hours they were in the shower together - I'm gagging as I write this. Since his return he has left his jacket in the office as it has his passport in it that has been stamped to say he has been to China, he won't take it home cos yep you've guessed it, he's married! Dirty ba$tard! I feel so sorry for his wife. He constantly puts her down to me but not before he said he'd had a corner bath fitted at home so they can get in together - gagging again - but wait for this bit, it's so he can sit on the seat and she can - how shall I word this - errrr pleasure him while he sits on the seat - FFS some things I don't want or need to hear or imagine!!!:eek:

Omg gross gross gross! Gag-tastic! *voms*

Pinkie1973 said:
I might have just scoffed a large skinny capuccino with a not so small piece of millionaire shortbread. Damn that coffee shop 2 floors up. First thing I've had like that in 7 months!

Hey Pinkie! Did you have a lovely evening? Hope it was lots of fun. I saw your fb status... Try not to worry too much about your eating and drinking, you're right to mention drawing a line! Hope you're ok and not too hungover! Xxxxx

Hi Jules. I've been having a think about my 4 week cycle and the way my losses deteriorate throughout the month. I definitely seem to get to this 2nd to 3rd week and get a bit of an uncontrollable scoff on. So that could be an area for me to address. Try and plan round it better. But I'm not too beat up about it. Had the most delicious meal at a place called Live Bait on The Cut (around the back of Waterloo). Had goats cheese and mushroom as a starter, the smoked haddock with mash and some creamy sauce for the main. 4 pints of cider and two amaretto based cocktails. Far too much alcohol for me these days though. I'm just not used to it anymore. Plus it took me 2hrs 20mins to get home (including a 35 min walk back from the station in the drizzling rain). The downside to living out in the sticks. I suppose it may have worked off a pint of cider though :)

I got up early Saturday morning and did a run. 2.9 miles, so not quite 5k, but I was all done in.

Food yesterday wasn't so great. Another line.

So today's food....

Lots of NAS squash. About 6 pints maybe.

Breakfast:
A plum (I very much enjoyed it though! lol). 3 choc buttons snaffled from my 2 year old nephew who is too little to fight back (call it 0.5 syns)

Lunch:
Tried to recreate Friday's meal, but nowhere near as nice. Smoked haddock pan fried, mashed potato with quark mixed in, brocolli and green beans.

Snacks:
Apple, pack of special k minibreaks (5 syns), green and blacks choc (4 syns), satsuma

Dinner:
Made another batch of soup up - onion, Butternut squash, courgettes, red lentils, beetroot, leek, spring onions. It's more like a curry to be honest and the beetroot may not have been my best idea. Very strange colour...

IMAG0846.jpg

But its actually pretty tasty. The bairn is happily scoffing it down anyway. Think I'll freeze some of it in smaller portions and serve with rice.

I've not had either my HEa or b today. I think I'll have a banana milkshake later though (HEa plus 4 syns). Dunno about the HEb. I have nothing in that lends itself nicely to it. Not that I fancy anyway.

** edit: just also had a bowl of fruit with low fat natural yoghurt. I was feeling fruity lol **

Beanie and I popped up to the local athletics track earlier as he's hoping to join up. We'll go properly in a couple of weeks and see if he can. The fly in the ointment is that they usually take them in a school year higher than him. But he's a September baby and fastest in his school year at track events, so they're gonna consider him. I really hope they let him in, as I think it'll suit him down to the ground (moreso than team sports) and he is gagging to do it. Today I just timed him while he did 100m, 200m, 400m & 800m. Where do kids get the energy from? I prob sound like a real pushy mum. But really, I don't have to be, if its something he's interested in, he does it all himself. Really, I just do the door opening :)

For my part I'm taking the plunge on the B210K programme, first run will be tomorrow. A friend of mine did the C25K after I suggested it to her, and is now starting the B210K. I'm far too stubborn and competitive to be left behind, so off I go! :). Like I say, first run planned for tomorrow, 4 x 10 minute runs, with 1 minute walks in between. Really looking forward to it.

Nice chilled out day though. We've sat and watched lots of cricket. (Ooh Broad has got a wicket. Excellent stuff!) Beanie seems quite tired this weekend, so I'm hoping he'll get an early night. I want him rested ready for our fortnight off together.

Anyhoo, not much of interest really, funny old weekend, but I've really enjoyed having my boy here all weekend rather than just the one day. Wish his Dad were on call more often. Three more days at work before I hit Silverstone. I cannae wait!

Total syns: 13.5

Last edited:
Sounds like you had a good weekend anyway, and you meal out does sound yummy, esp washed down with the cider ;)

Can't believe you are moving on to 10k too, that's brilliant, really wish I had a bit of your motivation. I completely understand your stubbornness and competitiveness too, I think you need to have a certain amount of stubbornness to be able to run any distance, that is what I'm finding just now anyway :)

Your boy definitely sounds like a bundle of energy too, I hope he can get into the athletics club, and maybe use up some of that excess energy lol

xxx

Ah thank you Mave. Yes his energy does seem to be boundless. He just amazes me really. :)

Now some further ramblings, and advice welcome here.

My weekends at the WSBK (Silverstone) tend to involve ridiculous amounts of cider. In fact last year it ended up with about 3 weeks where I drank nothing but alcofrol. Now obviously I don't want to go that mad this coming weekend. A) I probably just can't handle it b) I don't want to completely sabotage the old diet. So food and drink are a concern for next weekend at Silverstone and the one after that at Brands (though Beanie will be with me for first couple of days so will only have one or two pints in the Kentagon at the most during that time, if anything at all).

So drink: for convenience cider is so much easier, and cheaper (20 cans for £13 in JS at the mo!) But I could prat about with vodka and diet lemonade. Which presents a problem for portability, when we go to the entertainment tent in the eves. Maybe I should save some small plastic bottles and drink out of them. Oh I'm all class hey? :)

Food: there are absolutely no healthy eating options on site. I can take some stuff with me, but cooler will only stay cool so long. This puts me at the mercy of burger vans etc. Now I can take a disposable bbq for first couple of nights, with kebabs or something maybe? Then just do whatever after that. I think vast quantities of fruit is the way forwards, as I have to cover lunch and and breakfast too.

Exercise: right I have a plan here. I'll do a circuit of the circuit Thursday, walking. Then I'm thinking I'll do the running on Friday and Sunday morning. During Friday and Saturday we'll walk around the circuit at least once.

Sorry to bang on. I've just been really deliberating my best strategy. Drink wise, cider is just so much easier, and cheaper. But loads more syns than vodka. Food, I can limit the damage for a day or two, but I know it will go to pot by the Saturday. Perhaps the thing is, is to work out the days I can control. Take lots of fruit and NAS squash, then accept that the other days will be rubbish. At least I won't be scoffing choc and sweets though.

Hi Pinkie - what on eart does B210k stand for? I know C25k is "couch to 5km" but . . .

Regarding food at motorsport events. BBQ's for first couple of days works for me as you can do low calorie meat and salad with lots of fruit. Once you run out of that though just try and steer clear of the beefburgers - crap meat and far too much fat. Hot dogs/frankfurters are a better option than burgers. Some vans now do chicken burgers which is a much better option - or maybe some will even do bacon or steak in buns which is better too.

Drink. Tricky. Cider is serious calories just because it is so sweet. The dryer the better but still not brill. Vodka & coke / tonic / lemonade would be much better. If you don't want to lug a glass bottle of vodka along decant it into an old squash or coke bottle.

Like the look of that soup / curry!

Last edited:
Good advice there Pomette, thank you. Think I'll have to bite the bullet and buy vodka, diet lemonade and spend the weekend pretending I'm half my age. Which I guess is no different to normal ha ha
B210K is bridge to 10k, it follows on from where the C25K leaves off.

Right, well I did indeed do week 1, run 1 of the B210K. It was good actually, nice weather, a little overcast so not too hot. Beanie came with me, was way ahead at first but I managed to grind him down by the end and he was running alongside me. He thought it was really fun, but his legs were aching straight after (welcome to my world son). He is keen to keep doing it though (until he gets bored that is), which would be nice. I really don't see him hacking a whole hour though. So I may need to adapt some of the runs as we progress.

On the way back I stopped off at the local butcher and bought some sausages which are SW approved as syn free. Proper, big fat, full of meat sausages. I've bought a couple of extra packs for Silverstone.

So food today so far is:

Pre-run: banana

Brunch:
2 sausages, 3 lean back bacon, 8 cherry tomatoes, about 150g of sliced mushrooms. It was delish.

Beanie is now with the childminder (my sister) for the rest of the day so I can get some work done. This means I don't need to worry about doing tea, which suits me today. I'll probably have some fruit and yoghurt later. But no idea how to spend my HEa and HEb. We shall see.

That's absolutely lovely that your son was able to go with you today. :) Good for him to be active (not that he needs to lose any weight!!!)! Bet he was a total bottomless pit afterwards!! ;)

Food looks very nice today, especially the sausages. Good luck getting all your work done :) :vibes:

Thanks Molly. He's a bottomless pit at the best of times, but even moreso today. He was very good tonight. Sat through the whole of my Slimming World class, didn't bother reading his book, clapped everyone when they'd lost their weight etc. He's currently singing in the shower lol

Anyway, enough of him. :)

Tonight's weigh in result, drum roll at the ready....

I lost 3lbs! I blew away my target by another pound and a half. I only dreamt I could make 13st 7lbs for Silverstone, and now I am actually 13st 5.5lbs and have my 3 and a half stone shiny. I am truly shocked. And I got Slimmer of the Week, and got the loveliest bag of goodies. Loads of home grown veggies in there, I'm well chuffed.

Steven wanted to buy some hi-fi bars, so he selected a box of the choc mint ones. Therefore my HEb is now satisfied.

Earlier I also went to the shops and bought myself two bottles of Absolut vodka and 4 large bottles of diet lemonade. I also got some other stuff that will keep in the cooler for the first couple of days I'm away, so that at least half of the time I can be in control. So I'm feeling much happier about that. Thank you Pomette for your advice.

One of my mates has just texted me to tell me I looked fit Friday night. Bless. Always nice to get a compliment though. :)

Well done on your 3lb loss Pinkie xxxx

And well done on the forward planning for the weekend x

Wow. Well done on your great loss. Excellent result and very much deserved after that run. Enjoy eating all that SotW basket food-yum yum. Well done on preparing for the weekend. I think you're doing the best thing by having some good supplies with you but knowing and accepting that you won't be sticking to SW the whole time. I bet you're excited. How long you going for? x

I drive up Thursday morning after I've dropped the bairn at Bluewater with his dad. The riders are all in the paddock that afternoon for a meet and greet sort of thing, so I shall ambush them all then. Then on Friday my mate is joining me, and we stay till about 6ish Sunday afternoon when the racing finishes. I have been waiting for this ALL YEAR! I adore my bike racing, and am currently like a kid at Christmas. :)

Back