It's Now Or Never

Saddle Bags said:
Hey Pinkie

Thanks for your post on my page, sorry I've not been around for a while, had my trip away with the girls and fell off the waggon! Gained 3lbs from my trip, lost 1lb last week and put 1lb on tonight - pah! Anyway I've had a chat with myself and am back on board!

Hope you and Beanie are well, will have a good read through your pages later.

Much love Chica xxxxxxx

Hey SB! Great to see you back. I'm turning in now, but will catch up on your diary tomorrow. I've been up and down too since my hols. This week I'm determined I'm getting a handle on it again though. One lb isn't bad at all, nor the three before that. Anyhoo, take care, thanks for touching base. Xx

Well done on getting your money, I'm sure it was the dress what done it :)

Sometimes wish I had an excuse to dress up for work, sitting in an office with two other people doesn't justify it. Plus it's always freezing and layers are not sexy!!

Still chatting tot he boy eh?? How much is there to say about bikes?? Or is it all innuendo??!! Doesn't sound like you are useless with the opposite sex to me, and no way will you be single for the rest of your days, you'll find someone perfect, somewhere least expected... Or out on the piss, as is my experience ;)

You are crazy lady doing such a big bike ride, how long will it take you?? Your ass will be dead lol

Have a great weekend with Beanie :) xxxx

Yes I do make the effort at work, and to be fair I've had lots of compliments about my weight loss from work too. It's nice to dress like that, but to be fair that and football are my only opportunities as I never go out.

Biker boy, there's loads to talk about bikes and bike racing. However, following a little 'investigation' in the early hours of this morning (couldn't sleep again) via mutual friends on Facebook, he is there with a pic of him and some girl, looking pretty couply. I then took a quick peak at his friend list and saw a similar pic for presumeably said girl. So that's that. Also it seems he's actually about ten years younger than me (I honestly forget how old I am) so now I feel vaguely ridiculous and old as well as fat and frumpy. However, that aside, he still seems like a nice bloke and its nice to have someone to chat bikes to, and who gets my whole Brands euphoria from last weekend. Yet another 'friend' notched up. It's cool, but a bit of a pisser at the same time.

I'm about to get my weekly shop done, and am tempted to buy some diet lemonade to go with my vodka at home, and see if I can drink myself to sleep through the night. It's really affecting me in the daytime now, just want to sleep a lot.

Mave, its only 84 miles and its over 3 days so it'll be a piece of piss. Kind of wish I'd stuck to my guns on the original 150 mile trip now. Feel a bit disappointed now. Bike went in, needs a few things done so that'll cost me more than planned. But its better done than not. Just need to fix the boy's puncture on his bike now.

Anyhoo, I'm off to feel sorry for myself. I blame the lack of sleep. That and the fact that cute biker boy is not single and clearly far too young for me. He had such lovely eyes too. *sigh* :)

Hi Pinkie - well done on getting your funding from the IB.

Carry on talking to biker boy. OK so he's younger than you but a friendship can often lead to something else you know. My friend Chris went out with a 25 year old when she was over 45. He absolutely adored her - and the s*x. :8855:It lasted about 2 years and then she dumped him as she said he just wasn't growing up!
Women!

Hee hee thank you Bev. That cheered me up no end. We're a fickle bunch eh?

Re the IB. The ridiculous thing is that it should be the PM doing most the work. But he's so naff (they're getting rid of him) that I've been taking on his stuff as well as my own. Hey ho, it'll all do me good in the long run. Last week I had my performance review, which went very well (particularly as it seems everyone else got a bit of a hard time), and my boss said to move forwards I need to raise my profile. He's been on hols this week and since then, and I've got myself on the Olympic planning committee, have various senior management now know me and my role on the project very well, plus loads of other colleagues I've generally raised the old profile with and got a mention at the division colleague presentation. He's still got another week away so I'll have to see what else I can fit in. And on top of all that I've managed to dedicate some flirting time with the aforementioned cutie lol

I did wonder why you were presenting to the IB - as you say it's the PMs job and I didn't think you were doing a PM's role.

But as you say, gets your profile raised and you never know, you may want to move into project management and this is all great experience. May get you promotion or at least a nice pay rise!

Cheers!

Well it is confirmed. Biker boy does indeed have a girlfriend. Shame. But he seems like a really nice guy, and still nice to chat bikes.

Up and down weekend for me. Beanie has been home all weekend, but I've been on call, so we couldn't wander too far from home.

Weigh in tonight. I'm dreading it as per, but we'll see. Ho hum, back to work I go!

Quick post for today's food, seeing as I've been slack. And I've just realised, I've gone over my syns today. Oops!

Early snack:
Small banana milkshake (half HEa for soya milk, plus a banana - 4 syns).

Run: 3 miles in a touch over 30 mins. Hmm... :-(

Breakfast:
Mixed fruit, branflakes (HEb), low fat natural yoghurt.

Lunch:
2 salmon steaks on a huge bed of wilted spinach.
Mixed fruit and yoghurt for pud.

Snack:
Clementine and apple.

Snack:
Hifi bar (6 syns)
2 syn free sausages, supernoodles
Hifi bar (6 syns)

Total syns = 16

Feel very happy with my 2lbs off. Just need to get through this weekend. Will be living on eating out, and will probably be pretty hungry with all the cycling. Especially as it looks like rain on at least one day. Three days of temptation. I will try save my syns for the vodka, but it may not always be possible! :)

Yay, well done on the loss, knew you would get back into it soon enough - the only way is down :) xxx

Thanks girlies. Yes, I'm really hoping that this is the turning point for me. I feel much more as if I've got it under wraps again. In a way this weekend is coming at the wrong time. All my meals eating out just doesn't bode well does it?

Anyhow, I did another run today, a much improved time: 4.94 miles in 45 minutes, I'm pretty pleased with that. I'm gonna try and fit in a 30 minute run on Thursday. Then there won't be any proper running for a while as its half term next week, and the bairn and I have the week off together.

So todays food....

Breakfast:
Mixed fruit, branflakes (HEb), shape yoghurt.

Snack:
Small skinny capuccino (half HEa). Banana.

Run.
Lunch:
Lots of salad leaves, savoury rice, 2x syn free sausages.
Shape yoghurt.

Snack:
Small skinny capuccino (rem. HEa). Crunchie bar (9.5 syns).

Dinner:
Wholemeal flat noodles, big portion of spinach, pan fried salmon.
Large bowl of mixed fruit, shape yoghurt plus some extra natural yoghurt, 1 tbspn sugar (2.5 syns).
2 clementines and an apple.

Total syns: 12

So another good day. I'm keeping focussed on my next half stone goal. I'd love to get another 2lbs off on Monday, but given the weekend I'll settle for anything off.

Still catching up with the weekend's bike racing. Last one till next year. :-( Food all prepared for tomorrow though (rice, salad leaves and salmon). Not overly inspiring, but its quick and easy to do for a packed lunch. Tired now, zzzzzzz xx

Last edited:
Not much to report today. Only one more day at work left - yay! Consequently though its manic - boo! (Actually, scrap that. I prefer being manic.) The emails with cute biker guy continue. He really seems like a nice bloke. Such a shame he's taken. As I've said before though, its always nice to have someone to talk to who gets the whole bike thing. Shame its after the season has ended. Dammit!

So I'm on the train home, won't get in till half seven. I'm shattered!

Today's food.....

Breakfast:
Mixed fruit, shape yoghurt, branflakes (HEb)

Snack:
2 x Skinny capuccino (HEa), banana, apple.

Lunch:
Savoury rice, salad leaves, spinach leaves, salmon steak. Tub of grated beetroot.

Snack:
Skinny capuccino (2.5 syns) crunchie (9.5 syns)

Dinner:
Chilli, brown rice, lots of salad leaves.
Mixed fruit, shape yoghurt.
Apple.

Total syns:

No exercise.

Well done on your loss pinkie! You've got back on it spectacularly I must say! Well done. Shame biker boy is taken, boo! Oh and well done on your running! So what have you and the bairn got planned for half term? One more get up yay!!!!! X

Thank you Jules. Well I'm currently sat in BB's enjoying a skinny capuccino writing down a couple of last minute bits and bobs I need for my trip. Apples, face wipes, that sort of thing. Obviously I'll be travelling light, but I need to know food isn't far away.

I'm back Sunday evening, so Monday will be a quiet washing and eBay day. I want to do a day in London, try a new museum out perhaps. Dover castle on Thursday and then my nephews are staying over afterwards and a seed collecting day at local country park on Friday. So Tues/Weds to plan. I'd like to enjoy the fresh air as much as possible. Also we need yo buy some winter kit in. He needs a coat. So do I but I can't afford it. I'd rather get new walking boots, my last pair have had it, and I want to be ready for the snow. I'm just looking forward to spending the week with him. Especially as I'll have been away all weekend. :-(

What are you up to? Any exotic holidays planned? When is your retest?

There's something I've forgotten on this shopping list I know it! ......

Pinkie - it's sooooooo good to hear you sounding positive again. Just see what a 2 lb loss does to you. Well done.

Enjoy the bike ride and half term. Sounds as though you've got some lovely days out planned but I don't fancy next weekend with all those boys in the house! Good luck.

Back