It's Now Or Never

Thank you Pomette. Yes I do feel much happier again. Every once in a while things go a bit haywire, life gets on top of me (work goes feckin beserk! massive high stress these days, and it's relentless!), issues with the bairn, the sperm donor, family etc etc But at the moment, I'm top of it all, and it's reflecting in my eating. Trouble is all these bits and bobs start to feed each other don't they - and next thing you know it's all spiralling out of control, old demons raise they heads blah blah Well I banish the demons.

I woke up this morning feeling a bit trimmer. Whether I am or not who knows, but you know when you wake up feeling like you've lose a couple of pounds. I have been good on my diet as is evidenced on here. I will do my best to make the healthiest choices I can over the weekend. I've bought a bag of apples, a box of alpen lights and a bag of kellogs minibreaks. I don't intend eating all they synnable stuff there - more a case of, if I am really hankering I'd rather have those and keep my energy levels balanced, rather than get too hungry/blood sugar level too low and end up scoffing copious amounts of crap.

I think the tough bit will be in the evenings (of which to be fair there are only two). I've agreed my friend can have a good soak in the bath first (she's about 10 years or so older than me, and I think she's worried about her aching bones) - whilst I go check out the pubscene. Translated as, I'll get paralytic while she falls asleep in the bath. :) I'm taking my Slimming World mag with me though to keep in check (and also a bike mag to perve over) so I'm sure I'll be quite happy sitting there with a cheeky G&T.

I didn't do any running today - had enough to do with trying to fit a full day of work in, plus all the other rushing around to get stuff done. It was quite nice to sit back with that coffee this morning though and get my head together for the day.

So food....

Breakfast:
Skinny capuccino (2.5 syns).
Mixed fruit, branflakes (HEb), low fat natural yoghurt.

Lunch:
2 mugshots.
Apple

Snack:
Apple

Tea:
Jacket potato, 6 extra light laughing cow (HEa), baked beans.

Snack:
Another capuccino (2.5 syns), crunchie bar (9.5 syns).

Total of 14.5 syns today.

And I've noticed I'm not craving a bowlful of fruit this evening - I have done for the past couple of weeks. Also last night, for the first time in a couple of weeks I slept all the way through till 7.00 this morning!!! I wonder if the two are linked somehow... ;-) More like I'm more of a scoffer when I'm tired.

My paniers are now pretty much packed, clothes out for tomorrow morning. Bike all serviced and happy. I've nicked my son's bell for the trip, lights on, tyres pumped up (I treated my little baby to new tyres). I just need to have a nice soak in the bath tonight, shave my legs, wash hair etc so I don't have to faff about in the morning. I'm getting really excited now! I'm gonna try and log it all via runkeeper - assuming the GPS works anyway. So no doubt there will be a quick post from me at some point with my food and miles for the day. I'm really hoping this works out well though, as I'd like to do more of it next year when the weather is better. Preferably with Beanie, and I'd look at getting a teeny tiny tent, and some minimal camping gear. Christ knows where people put it all though. I guess I'd need bigger paniers and accept that I'd have to take a back pack. He'd also have to accept he'd have to carry a back pack too. Never gonna happen is it? ;-)

Anyway, I've just sent my handover email to work (I've been typing this up in intervals, whilst I've been writing it) and set my out of office up. So I am now officially done. Though I have to log back in on Sunday evening and write my review documentation up. My own fault for leaving it so late, but he wants it Monday.

God I prattle on don't I!

Off for a last squishy with the bairn. xx

Sounds like you are heading for a great weekend Pinkie - hope the weather holds for you. Was speaking to bf's Mum earlier and she had to scrape her car this morning - I haven't even had to do that yet so the temp has obviously dropped quite a bit down south. With all the cycling tho, I'm sure you'll be kept warm :)

Enjoy your time off work and forget all about it til Sunday night. Can't believe it's school hols again, they have all the luck. That said, our kids go back to school next week having been off the last two! I don't remember having that many hols when I was a kid...

Have a great time anyway :D xxx

On a train home from my cycle. You'll be pleased to hear we covered something like 78.5 miles, and burnt nearly 5,500 calories in total.

All that said, I've had two fully cooked breakfasts and evening meals with pudding. Eaten lightly enough during the day though. Fruit, alpen light bars and kellogg's minibreaks. Today I indulged in a cream tea, and enjoyed every bite. Weigh in tomorrow night, the truth will out itself. :)

Hope you've all had a nice weekend. And thank you Mave and Molly for your kind words xxx

P.s. the weather was perfect, we've been extremely lucky!

Thanks girls. I really did love it. But my god, I feel really fat now. How can that be?
The cute (seperated from wife six months or so back) guy next to me is a mad cyclist and has offered in the past to come with me. Maybe I should take him up? Lol

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20111023_231036.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111023_231036.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 39
  • ForumRunner_20111023_231058.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111023_231058.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 38
  • ForumRunner_20111023_231133.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111023_231133.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 41
  • ForumRunner_20111023_231208.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111023_231208.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 42
Maybe you should... What's to lose?!

Can't believe you feel fat - you look amazing in those pics :) Good luck for WI - I hope you get a nice surprise xxx

Yes, you should. Nothing's wrong with that! Don't feel fat. You're healthy and beautiful! Claim it!:)

Maverick said:
Maybe you should... What's to lose?!

Can't believe you feel fat - you look amazing in those pics :) Good luck for WI - I hope you get a nice surprise xxx

I'll see. I am terrible with blokes though. Thank you for the compliment Mave. I hope I get a,nice surprise too!

desperate2Bslim said:
Yes, you should. Nothing's wrong with that! Don't feel fat. You're healthy and beautiful! Claim it!:)

:) Thank you for such nice words. And welcome to my little thread!

ginlin said:
How on earth can you think of yourself as feeling fat, when you look so fab in those photos x

Aw thanks Lynne. I'm sure its just that cyclical lumpy feel, but I have no idea at all what the scales will say. I am just dreading having put weight on again, which I think will be very unfair.

So I've just had my lunch. It was lovely, possibly won't help wi though.

Breakfast:
Apple banana, cuppa (milk from HEa)

Lunch:
3 syn free sausages. 2 rashers thick back bacon, rind cut off, baked beans, medium slice of wholemeal seeded bread (HEb), 3 scrambled egg, 4 flat mushroom, grilled beef tomato.
2 satsumas.
Pot of tea, with milk from allowance, making it half my HEa today in total).

I am stuffed now and although I'd originally planned to have a chicken, veg, lentil and pearl barley soup I'm making for tea, I don't see it happening now.

I was later than expected home from my cycle trip, so Beanie stayed at my parent's last night. I collected him this morning (after yet another sleepless night. Will I ever sleep through again? Lol), walked the dog with him and my Dad which was nice. We then got the food shop out of the way and bought him a winter coat. Had ny lunch, I'm now fit to crash. I've let him have an hour on the Wii, so I'm gonna use the opportunity to have a little nap. We can then do something fun this afternoon. I love half term! :)

Aw Pinkie!! It's not real, it'll be gone by morning I am sure. Your body just doing some weird things after the bike ride, it's not real, don't accept it! It'll go. Promise!

Hey, what do I know, I just hope it will
go :)
Chillax lovely lady. You are so fit now and eating well and in control. This weigh on is nothing in the scheme of things. Keep on!! Xx

I would like to agree with all of the above - you know there is no way in hell it can be a real gain. I know the numbers hurt but I promise if you keep the focus this week you will have a massive loss next week... Don't you have a four week cycle with your losses? Which week were you on?? xxxx

Hi girls and thank you all for your lovely kind words.

I have no idea what it was. I don't buy the muscle mass argument, not over the course of a weekend (and I was spot on the diet before I went away). That was a bulky lunch yesterday, very meaty so maybe some of it is down to that (meat digests much more slowly doesn't it).
As for my body cycle, I actually have no idea where I am in it, its been sporadic since Silverstone.
I obviously just ate too much this weekend, even with the cycling. Nothing else it can be.

It's not even this gain on its own. It's the fact that I was doing so well before Silverstone and I've struggled for the 3 months (yes its that long!) since. I could have lost 5 stone this year, now at 13st 11lbs, I'll be lucky to hit 4 stone and get down to 13 stone. Maybe it is that sticking point weight thing coming into play, I don't know.

I know if I am spot on in adhering to the plan it will be good within a couple of weeks. I am out this Saturday night. It was supposed to be a big piss up, but I might drive. I really don't think alcofrol helps me, and that avoiding it completely might be the only way.

I was so pissed off last night that I bought a bottle of wine, twix, mars bar and scoffed the lot. Plus 2 packs if sunbites and a cheese sandwich. Talk about emotional over eating and sabotage!

However, I stayed awake till nearly one (if not later) and slept till just gone eight, solidly. I feel so much better this morning, that's the first decent sleep I've had in ages. I had two massive pots of my veg, lentils,pearl barley, chicken concoction sat downstairs. So I set some aside for today's lunch, and have frozen 12 further portions.

It has lots of speed food in, which I agreed with my C would be the area I need to see if I can improve. Though I think I include plenty of speed foods as I naturally eat a lot of fruit and veg. More to the point, I need to see if I can improve my superspeed intake. I'll do what I can this week, but I've only just been shopping, so it won't be much. I think a good practice though might be to look at each meal, and see where I could adapt to include those SS foods.

That said, my mixed fruit in the mornings includes loads of berries which are on that list. I think I will watch my banana intake perhaps. Make 2 egg omlettes rather than 3, don't add so much pasta etc etc. Maybe I just need to accept that now I weigh less and therefore need less fuel, I need to reduce some of my portion sizes a little. Nothing drastic, but a little.

So I'm writing my food diary out for my C as well this week (starting from this morning lol), I'll log my exercise on it too and I will closely examine how/when/why I eat.

I am picking myself up and dusting myself off. I'm just getting tired if doing so. It's a bloody eating plan, not running a country, it shouldn't be this hard.

Anyway, that was a bit of a tome I'm afraid, and thank you girls so much for your support. I really think I need it at the moment!

Xx

Quick question re: mushy peas. I've never cooked with them (but have had a mushy pea risotto from a chippy before - I still fantasize about it in fact, it was that good), but do love them.

It seems they are superfree, so I'm thinking I could have pan fried cod and mushy peas (from a can?) as a meal and it would be superspeedy! Do you have any other suggestions though....?

I LOVE mushy peas, although didn't know they were super free!
I like to add a tin to vegetable soups, and pasta sauce. And apparently there's a SW recipe for mushy pea curry, although I've never tried it! x

Great photos hot stuff! :D you look super skinny and you can see the diff from the last time you posted pics i think.

I think mushy peas are super SPEED not superfree so you might still need to put some salad or something with your fish n chips. I may be wrong though. X

Back