It's now or never

Thanks TF&G. I have tried to diet so many times before, had a binge a few days in and given up. This time I think I have just managed to keep telling myself one day off, or a week away, doesn't mean I can give up because I still have a target I want to reach. Going to see my CDC helps as I don't like to have a weigh in and have to explain why I put it on, not that she would mind or be mean she is lovely, but I don't like to admit failing to other people. I think it is easier to lie to yourself, which is why having someone else involved makes it easier to stick at it. Also why this diary works I guess, because I don't want to write down that I have put the weight in instead so I have to keep on losing. :)

Wow what a waffle for first thing in the morning. Had a full nights sleep, my son has slept through whereas last night he was up playing for 3 hours at 1am, so I am feeling much more human.

We went to the national wedding show yesterday. Wow what a lot of dresses. I got some ideas, but no decisions! Dress shop number 5 today, let's hope I find something soon!

Better go weigh myself too. I did have a sausage roll in place of my soup at the show, and no water all day ;( ooops. :(

Yay, no damage done. Weight moving in the right direction.

OH is moaning constantly at being in this diet although he has to admit it works after seeing my results. He comes home at night and has a meal of meat and greens although so far has stuck to low carbs! But my god I cannot listen to the whinging!

How are you lovely ladies all getting on?

Oh my - huge dinner tonight with pudding and wine - birthday dinner for FIL. So naughty of me! But . . . it is my 2 stone present - I hit the 2 stone mark, now I get to celebrate. Um - may have to work on getting back to the 2 stone mark again though. :)

Lol Egbert I did the same at every stone marker, you are human and everyone has parties, occasions that you eat 70% good 30% naughty that's my way xx

ok - ahhhhh - what to do about dresses.

I have seen 3 I like

1. - short, fun, think grease or dirty dancing 70's fun - far far far far too much money
2. - simple, plain, elegant
3. - more detailed, more involved, more wow.

Do I want fun, elegance or wow!?

So hard to decide - I dont know what to do now.

which one(s) made you joyful?

also - if you like the expensive one, you should be able to get a dressmaker to make something similar for you. PS - my vote's for the 50s dress.

what's your body shape / height?

no idea body shape I have. Hourglass I think. In the dresses I clearly go I and out (love this diet!) and have waist and hips.

The wow dress is long with a bigger train. More catwalk and I am not sure we are having that kind of wedding. Aver 12 years and 2 kids we are aiming this at more of a party and celebration than a formal, virginal 20 something wedding, IYKWIM? But it did look amazing, with some detail in lace and it was champagne, I liked the colour too, just not sure it was over the top

The elegant dress was floor length with no train really, ivory, simple, showed my figure but not as fussy, just ruched (?) up to one side with a sparkly brooch.my mum liked this one and thinks it is more appropriate.

I think I am going to have to go try both on again with a mate who I trust to tell me. But I know ,y 2 mates have totally different opinions. Which one to take. Wow, who knew I was so indecisive.

All sound lush, you have to chose the one that made your mum/bridesmaids cry that's the rule :) can we see pics? Obvs not u in dress just incase the hubby sees but ones off the website? Ooh I love wedding dresses so much!

All stunningand so different! So which is your current fave? Mine is the 2nd, but all 3 are gorgeous. Mine was from maggie sottero, oh id love to wear it again lol, don't get much wear for the price you pay though do they! X

Hang on just noticed number 2 there's tonnes of dresses on that page, I was referring to the 1st with brooch on hip? X

It was the 1st one that we were looking at. My mum prefers that one, I liked number 3. We both liked the 1st one but it is ridiculous how expensive it is.

they really are expensive aren't they, and like I said its not like they get much wear lol. Got to be done though, can't go down the aisle in a dress from dotty ps through can you! Let us know which one you go for xx

this one is almost identical to number 1 and costs £149 (plus petticoats).

f_650641.jpg

or there's even cheaper at vivien of holloway, which has a shop so you can go and try them on, but they are all halternecks.

so yeah - obviously i like number one best (but i'm biased, cos i had a fifties frock - there wasn't nearly so much choice back then though, and mine frankly wasn't as nice as the ones you can get now for less money).

BUT - i think they're all absolutely gorgeous.

this one is almost identical to number 1 and costs £149 (plus petticoats).

Thanks Spangles - how did you find that! I have ordered some fabric swatches - thats now on the list of definite possibilities!

Fab - :D;):p:)

Back