It's now or never

Hmm - weird mood today. I have lost another half pound, every day is a small improvement, but I feel really fat and fed up and like it is taking ages :( Need some motivation.

And I know this will not help, it's parent lunch day at school and I promised my DD I would go next time it was on, so I have to go to school dinner today. I can hardly refuse to eat in front of a room of impressionable kids. I did choose the lamb option as it was the only meat, and I will try to avoid carbs :(

Then for the next 2 weeks we have a meal out at work on the mondays, saying goodbye to people. Ggrrrrrr, why can't everyone just leave me alone to diet in silence :(

Hmm - woke up ok and appear to be grumpy by 9am.

Ok - so for the next two weeks you have to eat three times. So - can you say to yourself that because of this you will be extra kind to youself, and stick to SS outside of those windows when you are having to do things for other people?

It helps me to think: this diet is a treat for me. It's a reward, an indulgence. It's me selfishly doing something for my own benefit. It's just that, for the first time in my life, rewarding myself means no food, not All The Food.

I like your thinking, but I don't think that works for me. However, I have a plan for today. I will take my toddler (normally leave him with the grandparents for this sort of thing) and let him eat my veg- he loves veg!

And, I just tell myself I have to be extra good all week to be allowed my garlic on Monday! :)

Been for a walk, collected some more compliments, discussed wedding stuff, feeling a little happier now although not my normal self. Not sure why I feel down - I think it is the lack of decision on a dress, I hate it when I can't just go out and get things sorted. Decision to be made this weekend!

Grrr - my MIL to be is such a sour cow - mention an idea of mine or spending money and she just scowls!

I just asked FIL to think of 5 wines that will age well over, for my guest book idea. Well, she scowled, she asked how much I intended to spend on them, she said anything too expensive was a waste of money, she told me I should wait till there are offers on. Miserable skinflint. I didn't ask her to pay did I! :(

Living next door to them while doing this planning is just soul destroying - not sure how much I can take!

Try to ignore her (tho I singularly failed to do this with my MIL when we were wedding planning). Smile and say thanks, and then buy the wine you want to.

Just a word - on wine. If you want to keep it, don't go for champagne. Champagne doesn't get any better after it's been bottled.

Thanks.

Well I can say school dinners have not improved. Although the kdis seemed to like it just fine! DS ate y pudding and I had a small portion of meat and a potato (large one). The kids did tell me off for not clearing my plate, but as I ate a bit of it all I think I got away with it!

Yuck - if I am going to break my diet I would prefer it to be a treat, not a punishment though! lol

poor thing!

Another day, another dress shop - or 4.

Well, still confused and still have a choice of 3 I like.

One last place to go and then a decision will be made.

Morning campers!
Well, I would like to announce I am well past my 2 stone target, so I am wiping that baby out later! ;)

and I can fit in my red dress, but I have yet to be taken out for dinner in it to prove it . . . Waiting for oH to reach his stone mark so we can celebrate together ;)

And I am off to the last dress shop today, and then it is decision time! No more faffing! Feeling positive. Today I hope I see 'the dress'. Cos I have so much more to be getting on with! Wish me luck :)

Well done love, all the hard work and your at target, you must be over the moon. Good luck on the dress hunt x

Hi flava. There a lots of lovely helpful people on the boards. I have found writing my diary really helpful and lots of people come to reply and be supportive. Good luck!

egbert said:
Hi flava. There a lots of lovely helpful people on the boards. I have found writing my diary really helpful and lots of people come to reply and be supportive. Good luck!

I don't really understand this site! But ty for the advice! Was wondering if it's possible to lose a stone in a week

There is the main Cd board for posting general questions and threads, and then this diary board for starting your own diary you can add to all the time.

I don't think you can Lose stone in a week. The 1st 6 pounds will be water, I think some people lose up to 10 pounds the 1st week but if you don't keep on the diet you will just replace all the water in a few meals. I prefer to lose a few pounds a week that will stay off.

YAYAYAYAYAYAY

Decision made, dress chosen, bought and paid for. :)

SO very glad that is sorted - and it fits now, off the shelf in the sale (I like a bargain) so I can lose a bit more weight just so it is a bit less tight, and if needed it can be taken in a little.

Now - wedding in March, fitting 8 weeks before so I am thinking I need to lose 1.5 stone before xmas so I can put .5 back on over xmas and new year without worrying, and stay that way! :) Thats the plan anyway.

Of course, after trying on and choosing it, I looked back through some pics of ones I tried on just before and had a temporary blip where I worried I preferred another one. But - I am sticking to this one! LOL

egbert said:
Grrr - my MIL to be is such a sour cow - mention an idea of mine or spending money and she just scowls!

I just asked FIL to think of 5 wines that will age well over, for my guest book idea. Well, she scowled, she asked how much I intended to spend on them, she said anything too expensive was a waste of money, she told me I should wait till there are offers on. Miserable skinflint. I didn't ask her to pay did I! :(

Living next door to them while doing this planning is just soul destroying - not sure how much I can take!

Robert mondavi rothchilds collection is very good Opus One is a beautiful wine. But you have to looks at the year, I have 2 bottles of the 99 but the year before was rubbish.
Berryman have an app that might help x

Great thanks - I love that phrase 'there is an app for that!' lol

Having a hard day! My own fault for being so happy about being good yesterday :(

Making chocolate cake and carrot cake for work. Had to lick the mixers for both. Ate a packet of sweets with the kids and had a few slices of ham! Now cooking a joint for the kids dinner, and I think tonight might be a ham dinner for me. On the one hand, I am sticking to protein. On the other, it's naughty!

Have to say though, just a bit of the chocolate icing, and I feel sugared to the limit! That's good, I used to eat sweets endlessly! ;)

Amazing how our taste buds change over time isn't it!

Back