Iv started snacking on slimming world. What can I do?

Slimmer22

latley iv started binging on food such as eating a few crisps here and there and eating cereal from the box, it all adds up!

Is there anything that you can suggest to help me stop this please?

Thank you

Eat picked onions, pickled eggs, pickled anything really! Or go brush your teeth. Either can work for me.

Do you know what has triggered this? Boredom? Change of routine?

Good luck, and report back how it's going!

Yes, I can be guilty of this too. Although it still happens occasionally, I think I've got it under control. I find having free food on hand helps. As above, anything pickled helps....straight from the jar! Also having things like sugar snap peas, cherry tomatoes and fruit help. Little bags of popcorn are low in syns and some days I save my hexb and use it to have a couple of alpen light bars.

Planning is the key, as is recognising your triggers and danger times so you can try and avoid the urges!

Good luck!

Thank you everyone, need to start planning my meals and sticking to it! It's just boredom I think that triggers it, will start free tomorrow :)

Yes, I can be guilty of this too. Although it still happens occasionally, I think I've got it under control. I find having free food on hand helps. As above, anything pickled helps....straight from the jar! Also having things like sugar snap peas, cherry tomatoes and fruit help. Little bags of popcorn are low in syns and some days I save my hexb and use it to have a couple of alpen light bars.

Planning is the key, as is recognising your triggers and danger times so you can try and avoid the urges!

Good luck!
I keep a big jar of pickled gherkins in the fridge for snacking on - so good wrapped in a little slice of ham! :D

Are these your nibbles of choice because they are in the house? If so, try and banish them? Cereals are full of all sorts of rubbish to other family members would do better on fruit and yoghurt and decent bread toasted. Crisps - the devil's children, unless you want to syn them in.... Beware the multi packs too - I demolished 8 25 g bags in quick succession this week - have now binned the rest :( Nibbling on pickles gives me the worst mouth ulcers - shame cos I do like all things pickled. Or are you deficient in/craving something that these foods 'hit the spot' with? I crave crisps when I have water retention and weirdly, it seems to calm down after a bag or ten :) I can also ignore the cheese part of Stilton, but love the blue bits :) I have some sort of salt issue - butr try and narrow down how you feel before a nibble (what are you craving?) and how you feel after one - if it s just plain old hunger, get fruity!! oooeeeerr missus :) xx

Back