'I've been doing this forever' diary

carolynn

Well just a bit of background. Am 39 and have always had a weight problem, even as a child. About 10 years ago decided to do something about it and joined SW.

Finally got to target after about 2.5 years :eek: This was from about 13 stone to 10 stone.

Over the years the weight has crept back up so joined back again about 3 years ago and am now the WI lady.

I am now the same weight I was 3 years ago (when I first started) :sigh:

No matter how 'good' I am I always have a really slow weight loss - approx 1.5 lb per month. Been to the doctors, hospital, been put on thyroxide etc and I think it boils down to the fact that I have been on a diet for most of my life, and so have knackered my metabolism for good!!!!!!

I also tend to have quite a few holidays a year, and that means I put back everything I have lost, and more. I do try and be good on holidays, but the weight gains have been 'huge'. Usually about 1 stone per 2 weeks :cry:

I know I should exercise but trying to find the time is a nightmare - same old story I'm afraid. Will try and make more of a conscious effort with warmer days and lighter nights.

So, there we are.

I only found this forum a few weeks ago (fantastic BTW) & I'm 'hoping' that by filling in this 'diary' will keep me on track, and hopefully I will get some good support and tips from you guys. So, here goes.........

Today is Extra Easy

B: Total 0% yoghurt (F), with blueberries, raspberries and vanilla (F).
S: apple (F)
L: 200g tin of Heinz ravioli (1½ Syns)
S: nectarine (F)
D: pork steak (F), breaded using 1 slice nimble (0.5 HEXB), with pasta (F) and homemade tomato sauce (tinned tomatoes, carrot, celery, onion) (F) and 16 olives (2 Syns) and broccoli (F)
S: 22g bag Snack A Jacks (4½ Syns)

HEXA will be semi-skimmed milk used in cups of tea throughout the day. I also try and drink 2l of water a day.

Total Syns for day: 8

WI tonight. Would like a loss as had a disappointing gain last week which I DID NOT deserve, but had one day this week which was not great so it could go anyway....... Wish me luck ;)

Hello and welcome to the forum. I tend to have quite good weight losses but I can put weight on very quickly - at a rate of about 1lb per day. I think everyone is different so you have to stick at what ever works best for you. You can make a difference to your metabolism though. Always eat breakfast, as soon as you feel you can manage it - you need breakfast to kick start your metabolism. Eat real foods rather than processed whenever you can - its easier for your body to break it down eg fuit, veg potato. Exercise will make the biggest difference. Even if its only 20 mins of cardio twice a week - you will burn energy more efficiently. That said I struggle to do any in the Winter but now the weather is a bit better I am going to try fitting in 1 gym session and 1 swimming session per week.

Good Luck!

Thanks Star. I am quite lucky as I do tend to enjoy all the 'right' foods and can't stand processed, ready meals so everything is cooked from scratch. I often think that if I did buy more convenience foods then I would have time to exercise, but I just couldn't face eating cr*p :rolleyes:

Need to start batch cooking and freezing more - but I do love cooking of an evening, I find it great for winding down after a hard day.

I know I do have to try and fit exercise in somewhere. I do have a wii fit so I have to try and be more disciplined with myself in using it!!!

Well I had a 0.5lb loss last night - not fantastic but its still a loss so pleased with that :D

Today is Green

B: 28g Nestle Clusters (HEXB) with milk from HEXA
L: pasta with homemade tomato sauce (carrot, celery, onion, tinned toms [all F] with 4 olives (½ Syn)
D: Bean bake - layer of sliced new potatoes (F), layer of Tesco mixed bean salad (F), layer of homemade tomato sauce (F), 8 olives (1 Syn) and then topped with cheese (HEXA) and breadcrumb (HEXB) crumble
S: Muller with cherry bottom (2 Syns) with plenty of melon, mango and pomegranite
S: Green & Blacks butterscotch mini egg (2 Syns ?)

HEXA will be semi-skimmed milk used in cups of tea throughout the day. I also try and drink 2l of water a day.

Total Syns for day: :D

Last edited:
Today is another Green

B: 2 slices of Hovis Nibble (HEXB) with 3tsp Lurpak light (4½ Syns) and a poached egg (F)
S: melon (F)
L: Remains of my bean bake from last night - potatoes (F), mixed bean salad (F), tomato sauce (F), 4 olives (½ Syn) and then topped with cheese (½ HEXA) and breadcrumb (2 Syns) crumble
D: Jacket potato (F) filled with 113g tuna (HEXB), capers, cucumber, salad leaves, celery, peppers, 8 olives (1 Syn)
S: not sure yet......

HEXA will be semi-skimmed milk used in cups of tea throughout the day. I have even started measuring out my milk :D
I also try and drink 2l of water a day.

Total Syns for day: 8

Well although I havent had chance to post over the weekend, I felt I was good. Kept the syns really down, although I did share a bottle of Red (which was lovely) :D

Worked all weekend in the garden so feeling very virtuous (as well as a bit stiff!). Hoping for a really good loss this week, especially as its my * week and I usually do well. Shouldn't really say that though should I - tempting fate and all that :rolleyes:

Today is Extra Easy

B: 30g sachet Dorset Cereals Cranberry & Raspberry Fruity Porridge (HEXB) with milk from HEXA
L: Trying the superspeed soup I made last night (carrots, leeks, swede, parsnip, onion, tin of tomatoes, tin of baked beans, tin of lentils, tin of mixed beans and stock (F)
S: Weight Watchers Dessert Recipe Yogurt (F)
D: Cod (F) poached in home-made tomato sauce (spring onions (F), tin of tomatoes (F), fresh basil, 8 olives (1 Syn) served with Pesto mash (3½ Syns) and broccoli (F) and asparagus (F)
S: SW White choc mouse - Options white chocolate sachet (2½ Syns), egg white (F), Splenda (F), Vanilla (F), Total 0% (F), 1/4 tin john west raspberries in juice (1 Syn)

Total Syns for day (so far): 8

Last edited:
Today is Green

B: 28g Nestle Clusters (HEXB) with milk from HEXA

L: Superspeed soup again (carrots, leeks, swede, parsnip, onion, peppers, celery, tin of tomatoes, tin of baked beans, tin of lentils, tin of mixed beans and stock (F)

D: SW Carbonara - Egg yolk (F), Quark (F), Garlic (F), Quorn Bacon Pieces (F), Parmesan HEXA, Linguini (F)

S: Pomegranite (F)

S: Kellogg's Fibre Plus Milk Chocolate Cereal Bar HEXB

S: Snack A Jacks Salt & Vinegar 22g (4½ Syns)

Total Syns for day (so far): (4½ Syns)

WI tomorrow and I really want a good loss so I always try and have as few syns in a Tuesday as possible.

Last edited:
You meal plans look lovely Hun and if you dont mind, I will be "borrowing" some of them for myself!

xxx

Not a problem Mrs V.

TBH I only really do the plans on here so I can keep track of where I am (actually find it easier than the SW online diary) but its great if I can give ideas to other people. I tend to get in a rut - eating the same stuff all the time so this website and other peoples food ideas have been great for me. Just happy I can also contribute.

BTW, the cod I had last night is fantastic - one of my fav meals - including non SW ones too! Even my DBF loves it and its hard to get him to eat fish without batter :D

Today is Extra Easy and WI day :rolleyes:

B: Total 0% (F) with 10g Whitworths sour cherries (1½ Syns) and raspberry puree (1 syn)

L: Superspeed Soup (carrots, leeks, swede, parsnip, onion, celery, peppers, tin of tomatoes, tin of baked beans, tin of lentils, tin of mixed beans and stock (F)

S: pomegranite (F)

D: 3 x skinny Lizzie sausages (3 syns), SW chips (F), beans (F), egg (F) - no superfree foods - opps!

S: mango and pomegranite (F)

Total Syns for day (so far): (5½ Syns)

Last edited:
Well I lost 1lb last night :rolleyes: Know I should be pleased as its a loss, but I was hoping for more :(

Green Today

B: Mullerlight Orange/chocolate yogurt (F)

L: Last of the Superspeed Soup (carrots, leeks, swede, parsnip, onion, celery, peppers, tin of tomatoes, tin of baked beans, tin of lentils, tin of mixed beans and stock) (F)

S: clementine (F)

D: Jacket potato (F), 113g tuna (HEXB), 42g low fat grated cheese (HEXA), capers (F), cucumber (F), 8 olives (1 syn), salad (F), celery (F), 2 tbs hellmans light (4 Syns)

S: Kellogg's Fibre Plus Milk Chocolate Cereal Bar (HEXB)

Total Syns for day (so far): 5 Syns

Well done on the loss this week Hun!!

x

Thanks Pesty - one of my big problems is that I tend to stick to food that I like so I am determined this time round to try and add some variation.

That's going to be my aim for next week!! Vary it a bit! I always have salad or veg for lunch lol. I might do some cooking over the bank holiday so i have left overs for work, trouble is with no microwave its hard to be inventive!! xx

I know my OH (who doesn't need to loose weight BTW) tried the soup I made and loved it so much he has been taking it into work in a flask.

I have to say its been a great lunch this week, especially with the weather being so poor.

Well I had a good and bad Easter, foodwise. Luckily it was definitely more good than bad though!

Ended up doing quite a bit of baking - strawberry cheesecake cupcakes (which I only had 1 :mad:) and a Malteser Chocolate birthday cake (which I had none :D ) and then chocolate malteser buns (which again I had none :D ).

Did get a lovely Green and Blacks Butterscotch Egg though, and broke into it last night. Must have had about 1/6 so not too bad I suppose.

Well back on the straight and narrow today with a Extra Easy Day.

B: 30g sachet Dorset Cereals Cranberry & Raspberry Fruity Porridge (HEXB) with milk from HEXA

S: Clemantine (F)

L: Yet more of the Superspeed Soup (carrots, leeks, parsnip, onion, celery, peppers, tin of tomatoes, tin of baked beans, tin of lentils, tin of mixed beans and stock) (F)

S: Vanilla Muller with chocolate sprinkles (F)

S: Tesco Digestive biscuit (3½ Syns)

D: Chicken (F) and vegetable stir fry (asparagus, baby corn, peas, peppers, onion, mushroom) (F) and 'may' even have some noodles with it (F) - depending on how much veg I have.

Total Syns for day (so far): 3½ Syns

Last edited:
WI day for me today :confused:

Not sure what to expect - did go out on Friday night and had quite a bit to drink, but was 'extra' good the rest of the week to make up for it.

Wish me luck. :rolleyes:

Extra Easy

B: Total 0% (F) with 10g Dorset Cereals Honey Granola (2½ Syns)

L: Superspeed Soup (carrots, leeks, parsnip, onion, celery, peppers, tin of tomatoes, tin of baked beans, tin of lentils, tin of mixed beans and stock) (F)

S: Vanilla Muller with chocolate sprinkles (F)

D: Chicken breast (F) breaded with Hovis Nimble White Bread - 1 slice (2½ Syns), served with Pesto Pasta (3½ Syns), broccoli (F)and asparagus (F)

Total Syns for day (so far):

0.5lb loss last night at WI. Not great I know, but I keep telling myself that its all the right direction. Would love to try and give it a boost though, esp as I go away 4 weeks today :D Anyone got any ideas? I thought the soup may do it, but no luck there.....:(

Green Today

B: Oat so simple sachet (HEXB) made with milk from HEXA allowance, Splenda (F) and some frozen raspberries (F)

L: Superspeed Soup (carrots, leeks, parsnip, onion, celery, peppers, tin of tomatoes, tin of baked beans, tin of lentils, tin of mixed beans and stock) (F)

S: Muller light with cherry layer (2 syns)

S: Fresh Pineapple (F)

D: Jacket potato (F) filled with 113g tuna (HEXB), capers, cucumber, salad leaves, celery, peppers, 8 olives (1 Syn), 42g low fat grated cheese (HEXA)

Total Syns for day (so far): 3 Syns

Hello!!

The soup didnt do it for me either!! lol try a success express week, that gave me a big boost!!

Incase you dont know, it's the same as in EE but you have 2/3rds of each meal superfree and try to snack on superfree foods to! Might be just what you need :)

xx

Back