Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

I've Been Thinking .....

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Surfhunny, 2 April 2010 Social URL.

1. Surfhunny

Surfhunny Laugh in the face of food

Start Weight:
    17st11lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2lb(17.67%)
    Diet:
    Cambidge Diet
    ....I've seen so many people starting and restarting... I was just wondering what people class as a restart?? Is it when you've had a slight blip and fallen off the wagon a bit... or is it when you've been off the diet for a while and starting back on it again.

Yep, I have got way too much time on my hands, but I got to thinking that how you approach restarts could have an effect on how successful you are with them.

I think (for me personally) if I considered it to be a restart everytime I fell off the wagon I'd become more and more disheartened with each so called restart. I tend to think of these 'restarts' as getting back on track...not restarts. That way I feel less like I've failed somehow and still positive.

Just a thought that might help put a more positive slant on things.

Mini likes this.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Loser85

Loser85 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    23st10lb
    Current Weight:
    17st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st10lb(28.31%)
    I agree with you on this one. I class my restarts as my being away from the diet for a prolonged period of time. I personally think consumption of food for more than one day or occasion etc then its a restart.
    But then again i suppose for people who achieve ketosis more easily would maybe class this as a blip. Not sure if i got across what i wanted but thats basically my take :D

4. YummyMummy2B

YummyMummy2B Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st10lb
    Current Weight:
    18st13.5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10.5lb(3.8%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Same as above - I would class a restart as falling off the wagon more than a planned blip

5. sumayyah

sumayyah please try again

Start Weight:
    23st6lb
    Current Weight:
    17st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st13lb(25.3%)
    Diet:
    was cambridge now exante
    my restarts were months after coming off cambridge

ive had bad weeks where ive eaten but ive classed this as a blip and given myself a stern talking to, if i started saying the blips were me being off the diet with a view to doing a restart then im sure i would go mad and eat everything in sight as i wouldnt be "on cambridge"
    classifying a blip as just that.... ablip then im not giving myself permission to go and eat another single thing, its shakes or water and nothing else after a blip

6. Surfhunny

Surfhunny Laugh in the face of food

Start Weight:
    17st11lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2lb(17.67%)
    Diet:
    Cambidge Diet
    That's exactly my take on it too Sumayyah, it's actually what started me thinking about it in the first place, I had a planned day off for my goddaughters christening on sunday and put on 7lbs as a result, that knocked me for 6 but I thought of Monday as a restart, and actually struggled to get back on. I usually just carry on and forget about the blip or planned day off etc, but because this time I'd thought of it as RESTART, I struggled. Finally on Tuesday I got a grip and got back on track. It's taken me until today to get back into ketosis.

I was just thinking how your mind plays tricks on you like that.

7. Hoping2LoseBig!!

Hoping2LoseBig!! Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st9lb
    Current Weight:
    17st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.83%)
    Diet:
    CD
    I dunno bout this one, if i say to myself im not on it then the next time i start it is a restart.
    i was off for few months and the kept trying a restart but failed so each time i started after failing was a restart but only because i hadn't "officially" done a restart....if that makes sense...

But i agree that if u blip rather than restart then it may help u stick to it more.

8. mrsessex

mrsessex Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I don't think it hugely matters the terms as such

But identifying and learning control when you do 'come off' cambridge

Since may last year, I can't tell you how many times I've been 'off plan' but the thing is, I never ever once have beaten myself up about it. Always straight back into ss+ the following day

In my mind it's allowable diversions

won't work for probably majority of people, but did me :D

not advocating how I've lost my weight etc but I'm still at pretty much goal weight and I did it myyyyyyy way (lil song there :D)

long as the head issues of food are being sorted out while doing Cambridge, you should be on ya way to eating better... I think so anyway

xxxxx

9. jabbathehut

jabbathehut This is the last time!!

Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Well, for me, a 'restart' is when you have been away from the plan for a period of time - i.e, weeks/months (in my case, years!). A 'blip' is a 'falling off the wagon' thing in my mind - not a total end or (dare I say it...) failure!!
    I achieved 37 days without succumbing to any temptation at all, 100% focussed and proud of it. Then yesterday, something in my mind went mad, and I knew that if I didn't eat then I would binge. So, went to Mcd's with hubby and son and ordered a veggie burger. So, I sat there eating it. Was it nice? Nope. Did I enjoy it? Nope. Am I glad I did it? HELL YES! If I hadn't done it, then I would still be wondering and wanting it. It's like I have scratched an itch, if that makes sense?
    I'm not even disappointed in myself to be honest. In fact, I'm dead proud that I didn't kick the arse out of 'falling off the wagon'. I got home and roamed the kitchen cupboards looking for other things to eat and guess what I chose?
    A strawberry tetra!
    So, for the first time in over 5 weeks I fell off the wagon, but I didn't fail at anything, I didn't beat myself up over it and the world didn't end. I came home, had my tetra and some water and went to bed forgetting about it. I know that I won't do it again, and that's the end for me.

10. Lisa D

Lisa D Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st10lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.25%)
    Diet:
    CD
    I too class a restart as when you've been away from the diet and come back, if i'm naughty then it's a blip.

Well done "Jabba" for not falling off the wagon after your "blip" at McD's and grabbing yourself a tetra instead!!

11. trisha

trisha likes to post

Diet:
    healthy eating
    I class a "blip" as a restart and really struggle to stick to cd. maybe if I start calling them "getting back on track" I may find it easier , going to give it a go

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.