I've done it..From 27st to 12st in 13 months

OMG!!!!! Amazing. Oh to be overweight - one day.

Have a fantastic night out and enjoy and relish in those compliments chick x

Hi everyone,

An update about my night out last night. The party I went to was the Daughter of a friend turning 18 (just how old do you feel when you’re attending your friends kids parties..lol).

My sister-in-law did my hair and it looked amazing. I took my Sister and Nieces to the party and my Sis had a tear in her eye when she saw me and later I dropped one of my Nieces at my Brother’s house and he was open mouthed when he saw me and said I looked beautiful. I felt beautiful:cry:

When we arrived it was a little overwhelming to be honest - everywhere I turned I was greeted with screams and gasps and mouths hanging open but everyone was so complimentary and this went all night long - a few people didn't recognise me. Everyone said I was glowing, I smiled more, I walked taller and it was like I was a whole new person. I really am not used to being the centre of attention and it felt so strange.

The funniest bit of the whole night was when a few of the young lads there who I have known since they were young described me as ‘Well Fit’ :eek:. Now I don't think I have ever been described as well fit in my entire life and certainly not from 18 year old boys ;). After the party a few of us went into town and we had such a laugh. I wasn’t self conscious at all and I was showing those young 'uns a thing or two on the dance floor (my feet were killing me by the end of the night). But more that that I didn’t feel like I was the odd one out. Whenever we’ve been out as a group in the past I’ve always felt like the fat, frumpy, ugly hanger on who didn’t deserve to be there with all these gorgeous things but last night I just enjoyed myself so much.

So let’s play spot the difference..lol. I always hope that I’ve found the worst of my before pictures then more revolting one will always appear. The before pictures were taken 2 years ago and I’ve tried to recreate them..lol. I love that last one of me and my gorgeous baby.

I look at all these photos with a mixture of sadness (about the years I’ve wasted being fat, how unhappy I was and how much I’ve missed out on :() and happiness (because I feel healthy, because my life has changed in ways even I couldn’t have imagined and yes the journey isn’t over but look how far I have come - I really am proud of what I’ve achieved :D). I’ve noticed I’ve got the same bolero on in both photos..lol, however one is a size 32 and the other a size 14.

I'm still buzzing about it today but I'm knackered (crawled into bed at 3.30 and had work this morning....bleurgh!!) CD is tough but apart from having my Daughter it really is the single best thing I have ever done for myself..it has given me my life back!! If you stick with it then you will be rewarded!

Last edited:
Wowee! Amazing

Your smile looks so much wider in the "after" pics and your eyes look so much bigger and brighter. Also the girl in the pic (niece?) - look how much closer your faces are to each other because of all the inches you have lost.

I hope you are sitting there today remembering all the compliments and really "feeling" them and are glowing because you really really deserve it!

xxx

Wowee! Amazing

Your smile looks so much wider in the "after" pics and your eyes look so much bigger and brighter. Also the girl in the pic (niece?) - look how much closer your faces are to each other because of all the inches you have lost.

I hope you are sitting there today remembering all the compliments and really "feeling" them and are glowing because you really really deserve it!

xxx

Thank you lovely. That girl in the pic is my gorgeous Daughter :D xx

WOW that made me go cold !! you are beautiful and your weight loss is amazing !!! and so so inspiring xxx you deserve the most huge pat on the back ! Amazing x

you look totally stunning and 'well fit'. Those lads were right.

You look and sound fabulous :D I am so happy for you!! and I'm glad the buzz has stayed with you :) I hope one day I have that same experience xx

Gosh you look amazing. You were lovely looking before but you are radiant now! x

Omg
Look at you... you look amazing... enjoy every min of this happiness. It will make up for those sad moments... you deserve it all

you are frikkin awesome - i think im a bit in love with you (your story, I mean.....its alike a fairytale)

hubba hubba x
really amazing diffrence your relentless march on towards goal is awe inspiring

WOW!!
WOW!!!!!!!

You deserve to have the biggest smile ever!! Your enthusiasm is contagious - I am so glad I read your thread this morning - it's given me a lovely warm glow!!

Just amazing! Brilliant!!

I've got a big smile just thinking about your story!!

Wow. You are truly an inspiration. And beautiful, to boot! So glad you had a good night out!

You look great - but the most important thing is how this weight loss has made you feel inside - you are beautiful - you were before, but now you are happy and beautiful!! Imagine how those people are going to feel in a few month as you finish your journey you are going to be unrecognisable!!!

Well done
STW x

Hi All...grrr I'm having laptop trouble at the moment so this may be short and sweet.

I'm 3lbs down this week so I have 50lbs to go. It really feels like I'm on the final leg even though I probably have 4 months to go. It's been a funny old week after my amazing high last week I've been feeling outta sorts :( and totm greeted me this morning which probably explains why. I haven't been walking either so I will be forcing myself tomorrow - I really enjoy my walks, they clear the old head.

Shock Horror :eek: no shopping this week..I think I must be ill (although I am still lusting after the River Island coat..is it wrong that I went in there the other day and actually stroked it :D) I am trying to curb my spending until I get to goal but the River Island coat may win before then. I have another night out on Saturday so I can get dressed up again and dance away the blues :D.

Hope everyone in Mini world is doing ok xx

Congratulations! 50lbs to go must feel amazing...I hope you feel better later this week, and enjoy your next night out....

Buy the coat...! Even if you buy it in a smaller size? Coats are a necessity, in my humble opinion.

Lmao I have my eyes on a river island coat too! Lol I love that shop!!

Well done Sharon but I'd wait till the sales, as it will be reduced. Then u will save money and get a pair of skinny jeans. Lol x

Back