I've done it..From 27st to 12st in 13 months

oh I do love your posts! well done on your loss. 3 stone to go!! you'll be there in no time. I hope you have a great work doo, look forward to seeing the pics :)

Sharon, i hope you really enjoy the festive period and manage to get back on track no probs :) 3 stone will be gone in no time.

Well done on this weeks 3lbs

Wow, you have a lot planned! You will have a great time, I'm sure, you completely deserve to have such fun.

Thank you for being an amazing inspiration, and merry Christmas xx

sounds like you're in for a fab xmas. i'm doing something similar to you. i'm going to try to maintain until after xmas then try to get another 7/8lbs off. i'm out saturday night and i will have a drink so i'm going to spend saturday eating more than usual which is worrying me. then i'm also have the same xmas days off as we're visiting family.

thinking about your goal. why not put it to a bmi of 24.5 then see how you feel and gradually work on each 7lbs until you feel and look amazing. a bmi of 22 is very much in the normal range of perfection but it might be too low. just an idea.

i know my bmi is 24.6 and i can still see i need to loose more so going for another 7 odd lbs. then i'll look again. trouble is you get where you are never happy! i seem to be not loosing anything from my bust! so my dress fo my party is a 16. loose on my hips and waist but only just makes the top half. i seem to be stuck at a 36DD bra size when padded and a 36D when not padded! i could go lower and never loose from here.

You are an amazing woman. well done you

Hey everyone - I hope you had a Merry Christmas!

Well it’s been awhile since I’ve on here for an update so let’s start at the beginning..

Jason Manford was hilarious. My sister and me had a meal and went to a couple of bars then joy of joys came out to six inches of snow which looked beautiful but was murder to drive in. The snow also put an end to me wearing my gorgeous killer heel boots for my works party the following day..gutted!!

Sooooo..my works party. Well it started off great, we had a gorgeous meal, hit a bar, a lap dancing bar :eek: (I was the only woman in there apart from the dancers) and then we went to another bar/club with brilliant music and I danced my arse off, in fact I didn't stop dancing all night (I thought I was Beyonce at one point :p).

I had all intentions drinking in moderation…honest guv!! I had a couple of wines with lots of soda to dilute it then I had a brandy and coke and boom I went crazy. OH MY DAYS I ended up so, so, so drunk. I was draped over some bloke like he was my sofa apparently :eek: and I was ahem very close with another. I honestly don’t remember any of it or much at all after 12am and my Daughter of all people ended up taking me home at about 4am. And the icing on this cake happened when a bloke I know came into work a few days later and said that I tried to stick my tongue down his throat and he liked it because I tasted like strawberry…eeewwwww!! I was so mortified :eek:!!

Now I know not having hardly any alcohol for over a year wouldn’t have helped but I was seriously putting it away. I realise that I’m an all or nothing person which is why I guess CD works for me and after that episode I seriously am considering going teetotal!! Anyway I did manage to take loads of pictures although I have no idea how and I’ve posted one below – I felt fabaroonie :D.

I really have had a fabulous Christmas and spent loads of time with friends and family and it couldn’t be more different from last year when apart from Christmas Day I spent most of it shut away at home..alone :(. I got spoilt on Christmas Day and I GOT THE RIVER ISLAND COAT and was so excited that I actually licked one of the buttons :D. I also got perfume, a charm for my bracelet, a Jasper Conran clutch bag, some gorgeous Henry Holland shoes and other little bits and pieces.

So food - My supposed 3 days off last weekend and this weekend actually turned into 10 days off and I was very, very naughty and ate anything and everything. I have been doing SS+ since Monday and SS from today and it has been ok getting back on plan. I’ve weighed in today (no weigh in last week) and Holy S**t I’ve put on 11lbs :eek: well more since I’ve been doing SS+ for 3 days.

I did feel really bloated and when I looked in the mirror I was convinced I looked 27st again however, I don’t regret it as I’ve had the most wonderful time with my family and friends but I’m glad it’s over and I can get my head down now and focus on getting to goal. My first goal of the New Year is to lose 1st 1lb which will see me going under 200lbs :D.

Some sad news - I attended the double funeral yesterday of two brothers who died 8 days apart aged 34 and 36. We grew up together (known each other since we were 5) and their Mum and my Mum are very close friends and it was heartbreaking – I was kinda ok until I saw the children of the eldest brother then I just went :cry:. I honestly don’t know how they held it together.

It made me realise that life is for living and enjoying because you just never know what is around the corner. CD has given me a second chance when this time last year life felt very sad and very bleak so I am to get to goal as quick as the body allows and live life to the full.

I’ve missed being on here and plan to be back with a vengeance after New Year and catch up with everyone and meet all the newbies.

I’m going out tomorrow to a few bars then to a party but no eating or drinking for me. I’d like to wish you all a Happy and Healthy New Year - 2010 has been the best year of my life but 2011 will be even better…I cannot wait to see what it brings!!

Love you all xx

Last edited:
Looking fabulous :D
I'm starting back 100% on the 2nd and can't wait to:)
Happy new year :)

Hi sharron happy new year my lovely trust me when I say I smiled when i read you got your River Island coat my lovely whoop whoop. Bet it feels wicked. I should have shares in that shop I LOVE it. (my none stop spending) :)
You look stunning be proud and all the best to u, please keep in touch as I like to read how your getting on.
Your a star xxx

Sharon you look stunning!!!!

No wonder that fella was made up hehe

Ahhh Hunni I'm so happy for you you look so confident and beautiful!!

Loads of love Hunni, nearly there now xxxxx

Hi there my old teamie buddy. It's been a while and looks like you're continuing to loose those pounds. Had a bit of a bad time and came off CD and went back to old habits!! Well the list pounds have returned and so has my lack of confidence. I have decided to restart SS this week and return to this forum my inspiration. Just catching up with my CD buddies. Xx

Are you back into CD routine? How's it going?

Hey all,

Thank you lovelies for your comments as always xx

Week 39 and normal service has resumed. I have lost 9lbs this week so I’m back down to 14st 9lbs…hurrah :D!! I was a bit disappointed :rolleyes: but I did have quite a few more packs than I needed to ease me back into ketosis. I am now back in the safe lovely world of CD :) and thankfully that horrible bloated feeling has gone away and my face and ankles no longer looks puffy. I’m almost back to feeling like I did before Christmas all light and springy..lol.

Bit of a quiet one for me this week after the madness of Christmas and New Year. My urge to shop hasn’t gone away and I’m finding myself wandering around the shops but there is nothing but crap left from the sales..boooooo.

I’ve also decided I’m going back to the gym in February because I want to be fit and healthy not just be slim. I’m a member at Virgin and not very happy because I can’t get out of my contract until July so I will suck it up until then. I nipped in yesterday just to let them know that I shall be returning and it was HEAVING!!! Now I know gym membership goes through the roof in January but I’ve never seen it so busy but saying that I haven’t been anywhere the place for about 3 years..:eek:.

When I was there I noticed the new spinning room and a class was going on which looked great fun. So my question to the exercisers among you is do you think this will be too intensive or should I ease myself in gently? I’m finding myself drawn mainly towards the classes - body pump, body combat and spinning as I mentioned. Hmm maybe I need another induction/refresher.

I really do believe it is going to be a great 2011 for so many of us. It's wonderful to see so many newbies, restarters and old timers :p about. Stay strong everyone as the rewards are so worth it xx

Hey gorgeous lady,

Firstly, jumping jahosafer 9lbs is huge! and only 2 measly piunds to get off, 14stone 9lbs is incredible! skinny mini!!! xxx

When i was on Lipotrim, i used to run 2 miles to the gym do a 45 minute spinning class and then run back...

this is because i was completely unaware of the big excercise taboo and VLCD's it never did me any harm!!

My losses were consisitent, there were a couple of sessions (when hubby came with me and i was clearly showing off) that i felt a bit faint at the end, but 5 mins sitting downand water made it go right away!

you know your body sweet, and now is the time to get toning!

I love excercise now, mostly because i can do it lol, so id say go right for it!

Get a gel seat though, as you wont be able to sit down other wise heheh that goes though as your bum toughens up!

loads of love as always xxxxxx

Thats amazing to loose most of the festive weight over one week :)

The rest will have disappeared next week and will hopefully take some of their friends with them :)

So glad your back on track and doing so well :)

Good Morning Miniminers..

Week 40 and I have lost 6lbs :eek: so I am now 14st 3lbs or even better 199lbs :D. My total loss is 12st 11lbs or 179lbs in old money :eek:. I can’t believe it I weigh 100 and something pounds – how did that happen!!!! Can you tell I am thrilled, delighted and over the moon.

I’ve had a chat with my CDC and come to a decision about my goal weight. It’s been on my mind for a while and is frankly taking up too much space in there so we’ve finally decided on 12st. I also plan to do each step of maintenance for 2 – 3 weeks so the likelihood is I’ll lose a little more but it feels good to have that end weight firmly in my mind.

On the plus side this means I now have 2st 3lbs to go – get in :D!! I would love, love, love to be at goal by 8th April which is my 1 year anniversary and unless something goes horribly wrong it is very doable. In fact it is more that doable, my mind is set and if I have to swim, run and cycle to achieve it I will..lol!!

Speaking of exercise I’ve been itching to do some and get my arse moving (I don’t know what has come over me..lol) before I go back to the gym next month so I started doing the 30 day shred on Saturday and this is how it has gone so far.

Day 1 – Hey this isn’t so bad I so can do this
Day 2 – Still going strong and I’m feeling good baby..pah this is a doddle
Day 3 – Alarm goes off at 6.45 am and..:eek: Ouch WTF are those my abs I’m feeling (not so cocky now are ya:p!!)
Day 4 – Whimper..my hamstrings– I want my Mummy :D
Day 5 – Oh yes, definitely feeling good again ;)

I really am loving it though getting such a buzz when I’ve done it and I think I actually have a girl crush on Jillian..lolololol. I’ve done my measurements so it will be good to compare those in 30 days. I’ve also had a peak at levels 2 and 3 and yikes!!

In all seriousness though when I look in the mirror I like what I’m seeing and I like the person I am becoming. I’ll happily settle at a size 14 (I’d probably be a 14 now if it wasn’t for the skin on my midriff and tummy). I’m not perfect and I still have a moan some days and yes I’ve got loose skin but it is nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be seeing as I weighed 27st and I’ve been hugely overweight for a gazillion years.

I'm well and truly over my Christmas indulgence and I'm back in the zone and I just feel great and so very happy (I wish I could bottle it). I walk with my head up and a real spring in my step - life is very, very good.

I've said it before and I'll say it till i'm blue in the face - CD ROCKS. I’m on the home straight..eeeeek!!

Have a fab day gorgeous people xx

Wow! You've lost 12st 11? AMAZING!

Only 2st 3 to go? You must be so excited! That is definitely achievable by April!

You must be so happy!

Good luck this week.

oh my god you're getting so close! you've done so incredibly well hun!!!

And congrats in getting into the 100's!!! :happy096: your loss is amazing.

Hope you have a great day :)

Back