I'VE FINALLY DONE IT!! TARGET!

just wanted to say congrats you are an inspiration x!

Hello CM - I refuse to call you chunky or moo!!

I've recently been thinking about an 8th step and this one is something I've been guilty of in the past...

8. Stop self sabotaging. So you're 13/ 14/ 15 stone and need to drop 3 stone, say. Instead if focussing on the job in hand you start diverting thoughts and energy towards thinking about the loose skin you might be left with or the fact that a new wardrobe of clothes will cost you a grand or how you'll never maintain being 11 stone because you never have before and so on and so forth .

This is definitely self sabotage. The only job to focus on is losing weight and what will be once you've lost the weight, will be.

I've revised my goal to 9 stone 5 so a few more lbs to drop. Still gritting my teeth and going for it

LOL, aw that's so sweet of you but I don't mind ChunkyMoo (ChunkyMonkey was taken!)

Step 8: Definitely self-sabotage! It's the old blip-and-I've-blown it attitude that I need to get over. Because if I've failed, obviously that gives me carte blanche to eat anything and everything.

Good luck with the last few pounds! You've done amazingly well, such an inspiration! I've got 3 x 2st to go ;)

Ha - I so identify with that! An example...on Monday I went out for lunch and had a cheese sandwich and a few fries. Normally I would think ' Well, I've eaten cheese, bread and fries so I might as well write off the rest of the day now and stop off at Waitrose and pick up sone Kettle chips and a trifle. ' What I try very hard to do these days is think like a thin person... A naturally slim person would think ' that was a nice lunch. I'm full now and I won't eat again until I'm hungry...' and then they'd just get on with the day.

So I did this and had some Ryvita and fruit at about 6 ish when I started to feel a little peckish. Must admit, it feels weird to do that though.. battling against old, ingrained habits plus my tendency to eat compulsively. I've also been here twice before - lost a lot of weight and then back on it goes. This is the first time I have considered what it means to maintain though.

And re your 3 X 2 stone to go.. well, so did I last may, near as dammit. And trust me, if I can do it, anyone can. Application, vigilance at all times and make yourself the complete priority.

very well done on loseing all that weight i hope i can stay on my diet finding it very hard as also gave up the fags but reading your post has help thankyou

Ha ha. Well done!

It feels like the best thing in the world to finally get to your ideal weight. I recommend you don't get into the habit of weighing yourself too often. It's normal to fluctuate by a few pounds from day to day. I just don't want you to get into a downward spiral if you suddenly see that your weight has gone up a little one day.

Congratulations all those who have lost excess weight and good luck.

i am on the slimming world only been on it for 3 weeks now founding it very hard but fingers cross i keep to it

Thanks all!

I have managed to knock another lb or so off so am now 9 stone 7 and slowly inching downward. 9 stone might be nice but then I must stop!

i get weigh tomorrow so im hopeing i have lost

Fingers crossed Shona!

How are you finding SW? I like a lot of the principles about it - but the 'free food' thing wouldn't suit me as I'd feel it was giving me the green light to stuff as much pasta down my throat as I possibly could!

im finding it quite hard but getting there i just love my chocolate to much

Ah yes. Me too. Which led me to being over 15 stone in the first place!

I now have a square or two of very dark chocolate and that seems to help with avoiding the Dairy Milk type cheap stuff < which I love >

Back