I'VE FINALLY DONE IT!! TARGET!

Hello! Ah you can moan - par for the course on a diet!

I see from your stats that you want to lose 7 stone 12 lbs and you want to do this via SW?

A few tips for you - feel free to ignore completely, but they're ideas that worked for me...

1. Amend your goal weight on here. If I were you I would make my goal weight 17 stone 13lbs. Obviously this is just a first mini goal but you would be surprised at how motivating this can be for you. It's achievable and you'll feel great when you hit it. Then .... amend your target again. Maybe 16 stone 13 and so on and so forth. Doing this means you never feel overwhelmed.

2. My controversial tip! Don't eat SW's 'free' foods of pasta, potatoes and rice. SW folk jump on me when I say this but really - don't eat unlimited quantities of these foods. No white carbs and an eye on whole wheat carbs. I'm NOT a low carber or anything - I actually believe in everything in moderation - but I see so many STS or half pound losses and it's usually down to mounds of pasta.

I'll shut up now. Thanks for commenting
Quite agree about the potato and pasta - I've just done something similar and cut all refined grains for the next month (not low carbing though as having all fruit and veg), I know people who say but "my consultant says you can have much free food as you like" but logic says that it just can't be like that.

Thanks for sharing! Very motivating post! Well done! :)

I did 'Sole Source' for almost 8 weeks. I won't pretend that this was easy or that I enjoyed every moment but it worked.

This was a good reminder. I'm on day 3 of exante at the moment and was starting to feel the affect of being unsatisfied food wise now but your comment reminded me it was never going to be easy but it will work, and it will be worth it !

1 . Being overweight is hard. Losing weight is hard. Choose your hard.

That's a great point you got there, going to try to remember it :)

Ah yes... I have a very rambling diary but it's got loads of great contributors and you'd be very well. It's in the Cambridge Diet section and entitled ' Slightly chubby girl slim ' or something like that.

It starts off as CD and is now a mixture of people at the start of their journey, some in the middle and some maintaining. You'd be really welcome and it's very supportive!

I'mlosing - day 3 is a killer so I am not envying you there. It's DEFINITELY a mindset though. I had completely and utterly had enough of being fat.. I love clothes, I love make up, both passions of mine and difficult to indulge when you're six stone overweight. I could never wear what I wanted to. I was also concerned that I was storing up health problems ultimately - ones which could be avoided if ONLY I could stop ramming kettle chips and carrot cake. So those were my motivators, along with small things like being able to wear vest tops and not feel self conscious and to be able to wear belts etc.

It is so worth it in the end. If you read my diary you'll see I had days where I'd line up chocolate bars or quite literally be screaming with frustration because I'd had enough and wanted to eat. I didn't cave in though and am glad of that now.

Thx Greta i did find your diary in the end!! i still havent read it all but what i did read was fab!! had me giggling and i could really relate to alot of it!

I know how u feel i too love make up, clothes and all things girly and in addition i am a bit of a bollywood diva trapped in a fat girl :(

hence i am here!! got weigh in number 4 today and will be pleased if i can get to my 1 stone target then i only got 2 more to go till i go to india!! then will perhaps look to lose a little more when i return!!

Ur diary was so funny u need to re name it 50 shades of cambridge!! LOL!!

Hey one day you will be that Bollywood diva! Just keep the faith! I'm currently a fat person stuck inside a skinny persons body.

What time is weigh in ?

My CDC called to ask if we can do it tomorrow!! all good one more day to pee away the weight!!

yeah will put some pics up before i go india!! i remember the last time i went to india was with 2 of my girlfriends who are size 8 and i was nudging out of 16!!

i still cringe cuz they could perfectly get into anything and if anything some stuff was even too big!!

and i would get some stuck up sales woman saying "maam vee dont do dat outfit in XXL"

:cry:

Greta -- RawrGirl has looked all over for a post you wrote a week or more ago, and she can't find it. It was a list of all the things a person would feel once they finally reached goal. Do you remember what thread that was on.

RawrGirl's not been feeling thin lately despite the fact that she currently weighs less than she ever has as an adult and she wanted to read over your list for inspiration/ideas to help her brain catch up to her body. Thanks!

I got my my target weight too this week! Unfortunately, I went a bit too far and dropped 3.5lb below target....oops :)

Will need to increase my healthy B's a bit to get the weight back up this week.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

Hello raw

Also having a fat day! Must be good food wise on the morrow

I spout ***** all over this forum but let me think about what I wrote and where. Hey if you want motivational, bossy, vaguely threatening missives on weight loss then I'm your girl !!

How's tricks now? Feeling more positive ?

That's fantastic hun!!! you have done so well and your tips/advice realy make sense to me!!

keep it up :)

Hi Ali

Umm, well this depends. I am just under 9 stone now and aim to stay around this and anything up to about 9 st 3. To maintain around this weight it is low ish calories. So, maybe 1300 a day on average. Sometimes 1500 and sometimes just under a 1000. I mix it up a bit. On top of this, I have one or two meals a week where I do not count calories... so on a weekend i might have macaroni cheese with a glass of wine and a piece of cheesecake, but the next day, I will make allowances for this and have a 1000 calorie day.

If I ate 2000 calories a day or near this every day... I'd put weight on for sure.

Hey!

its going well thanks. Ive tried just about every diet going, but im calorie counting now as it just makes more sense to me. Ive been using my fitness pal which has been a huge help too.

You have done so well! its so nice to see it can be done :) x

Calorie counting definitely works - really all other diets are just variations on this theme .

How many calories are you allowing yourself a day ?

I was aiming for 1500 but I just saw what you said on my other post...about starting at 1800 so I can decrease it as I go! That sounds like a really good idea!

I'm loving all your tips/advice!! Thanks so much hun :)

Oh yes... at your starting weight and height there is no benefit to starting at 1500 calories as you have nowhere to go as you lose weight. Definitely aim for between 1800-2000 calories a day.... probably veer towards 2000.... be meticulous in jotting down everything you eat and try and keep carbs low... well, moderate.

I'd then see how your losses go... if you can keep within limits and be scrupulously honest with yourself, you are going to see some big drops.

You look great! Congratulations. Good advice there too.

This is fantastic, well done!

Back