I've had no time to eat!

couteaux

Silver Member
Oh dear - I've had a mad day work wise, am working from home and have not eaten since breakfast. I've had calls all day, then work to get done. (Help!!)

I'm starvin marvin! It is at moments like this that all the quick rubbish gets tempting again. :( Really need to hit the shops and get some quick healthy snacks. What are your standbys for moments like this?

Oooh no wonder you're ravenous!

Ryvita are always good to have in, cos you can just whack some vlf cottage cheese on there and some salad bits and it's a nice tasty HE that's super quick.
Whack on a couple of eggs to boil whilst you work.
Cous cous is really quick too, needs very little prep.
Always have fruit in (might be stating the obvious there!)
Um...if anything else comes to me I'll shout :)

Thanks Hellie! :)

I was thinking about couscous, ryvita prob good actually as I can still use the computer and munch.. ;) - normally I've had time to make something or there'll be something ready to snack on. Must get more prepared.

We didn't have time to get our fruit from the market this w'end so fruit bowl was looking a bit sad too.. not a great start ;)

Perhaps even if you work from home you can prepare a pack up the night before and pop it in the fridge, then you can just dive into it at lunchtime. Couscous/ rice/potato salads are all good. The inevitable mullers and fruit, even make some soup up and heat it first thing and have it in a flask at your desk. Planning is the key. You don't want your metabolism to slow down.

i have mugshots when i am too busy at work for lunch. they are really quick and yummy. i had the thai one today and it was lovely!

Mmm fab suggestions! Judimac - you are right about doing a packed lunch even at home. I don't give myself a proper break when working from home so having something ready would really help. Thanks all :D

I seem to having a real problem getting my bum in gear at the moment, I start the day with such good intentions then get really hungry and have had nothing in the house that is good to eat.

I really really need to get to the shops (still!!)

Back