Ive just realised something....

*Mojo-jojo*

Say it in Dr Evil style!!
I was in ketotis when i was pregnant .....:confused::confused:....now i say this because i have just been going thru old notes & my urine samples have keytones in my urine?? isnt this a sign of ketotis?..( sorry excuse the spelling)....

when i fell pregnant march 2008 i weighed 23 stone, when i gave birth in november 2008 i weighed 18 st 12 .....i wasnt eating i couldnt eat as i was feeling sick i also had no hunger id eat one meal a day if that & i wud drink coffee.....im having a light bulb moment thinking omg if my body did it last year i will adapt well this year ....well its just a thought ....

Yes you CAN do it girl, and when the going gets tough, you'll have lots of wonderful support from your friends here.

Good luck!

That'll have been from the lack of food, ketosis is a way that the body switches to burn it's own stored 'energy' when it doesn't receive enough through your eating. :)
I don't think ketones are actually 'harmful' to a baby (I'm not a Dr though so don't quote me) it's just that diets (all diets) will say that a different plan should be used when pregnant.
If you are taking in 500 cals a day.. can you imagine how that would affect your energy and health when you consider our bodies need an additional 500 cals a day when pregnant.

Having said that, I was 14st when I fell with my eldest daughter, and didn't gain a single lb till I was 8 months pregnant. I gained 1 stone in the last month and lost it all when I got home after having my baby. :)

You CAN do CD :) just gotta believe and stick to things 100% :) It's not easy but it is effective. :)

Yeah i can do it ;-)....bet ur all be glad when i get my cdc ill stop rabbling about how i cant wait to get stuck in !! hahha ;-)

:D:Dahh tilly thats the spirit!:D:D:D:D

I was also in ketosis for the first 19 weeks of my 2nd pregnancy, as I suffered from hyperemesis gravidarum- basically extreme morning (noon and night) sickness. I was really very ill and had to be put on an IV drip in hopsital for dehydration as I couldn't even keep water down. The midwife / docs test urine for ketones as it is thought that they may be harmful to the foetus as they pass through the placenta to the babys brain and could cause brain damage.

Its great that you're feeling confident about the diet, as you say, if you could do it last year when you were going through all that horrible morning sickness, surely you should sail through now? Good luck with the diet!

Back