Ive lost 2.5lbs (Couldnt wait to tell someone!)

happygal

Banned
Hi Ya

Im amazed I stood on the scales today after a week of just watching what I eat and I have lost 2.5lbs since last week!! Im so excited that I just had to come a tell someone. My wedding is next August so Im gonna do CD to try and shift it faster. I got my dress a dress size smaller so its given me incentive to shift the weight!!

Claire

Last edited:
I forgot to say that I went to weight watchers this year and shifted 2 stone and then went off the rails and put nearly 1 stone back on!! Im a naughty girl but I was comfort eating cause my friend died. Now that I have broken that cycle though I feel great!!

Well done Claire, it is amazing what a few adjustments to your eating habits can do! Keep up the good work!

Excellent result and cngratulations 2.5lbs. is a good one:)

Love Mini xxx

Hi Ya

Well I do hope that I will need a smaller dress size. I nearly had a coronary when the girl said I should get a size 26. She did say it was mostly because of my bust but I know that she was just trying to make me feel better. She wouldnt let me order it any smaller than one size because she said that girls that do that usually end up putting more pressure on themselves and comfort eating because of the pressure. I thought that was a fair point so I ordered a 24.

Do you think that my target of 11stone 10 from 17stone 8.5 is doable in this amount of time?

Hi Claire, well done on your loss! I think the dressmaker is correct but I also think you'll lose a hell of a lot more weight...but they will be able to alter your dress to whatever size you want. I think she's correct in that I 'nearly' ordered my dress one size smaller, and thank God I didn't as already with the pressure I've gained 12 pounds and can't for the life of me shift it! I'm sure if the dress was baggy I'd still be happily losing weight.

With regards to your goal, I was 20.11 and a size 26, when i joined LL and then switched to CD, I am now 13.12 and a size 16 (although tight fitting since gaining the 12 pounds!). One word of advice, if you do CD, don't break it for anything in the world until you reach target, I've been fighting with the last 12 pounds for nearly 7 months as I decided a break was in order for Christmas....soooo not worth it...it took me less time to lose 7.5 stones. :eek:

Well done on the start of your journey, August will be here before you know it. Good luck - Joe

Hi Ya

Im amazed I stood on the scales today after a week of just watching what I eat and I have lost 2.5lbs since last week!! Im so excited that I just had to come a tell someone. My wedding is next August so Im gonna do CD to try and shift it faster. I got my dress a dress size smaller so its given me incentive to shift the weight!!

Claire

Hi Claire... you are my wedding twin!!! Are you the claire from confetti?

Well done with your weight loss:)

My wedding in 11th August 2007. I can't wait!

I am going to order my dress the week before christmas and am hoping to lose 2st by then. I'm doing lighterlife. I went to my first meeting on monday and started the packs on tuesday. Had my drop-in tonight and was amazed to see i've lost 5lbs in 3 days!!!! WOW - what a diet!!!! I've not even found it hard. I'm over the moon :cool:

My wedding in 11th August 2007. I can't wait!

I am going to order my dress the week before christmas and am hoping to lose 2st by then. I'm doing lighterlife. I went to my first meeting on monday and started the packs on tuesday. Had my drop-in tonight and was amazed to see i've lost 5lbs in 3 days!!!! WOW - what a diet!!!! I've not even found it hard. I'm over the moon :cool:

Oh my goodness!! My wedding is the same date as yours!! But I have considerably more to lose!

DAAAHHH. Claire read all the posts before getting excited and posting.

Hi ya

Im just after reading properly and of course you had already spoted that I was a wedding twin with you. Im a bit thick at this time of night, so excuse me. How are you finding Lighter Life?

Hi Claire,

I found your wedding post! On the Cambridge, you can lose 1 stone a month (more in the first month - I've just lost 12lbs since I started my day one again on Sunday), so if you really really want it, and like Joe said, if you don't break the diet (it's fatal!!! the first time is so easy and then when you try again it's like running up a lampost at times!), you have the potential to lose the majority of your weight.

And what I'd also say is that if you start before Xmas and basically just don't do the food thing this year, you will definately have enough time to get to your target, as long as you don't cheat.

Perhaps try writing your diary every day on here to try and manage your thoughts and feelings to get you through it.

Well done on your positive attitude on your signature - that the blip is just temporary. I hope that it's coming off - you can do it!! By the way, even by following WW, you can still make a considerable loss in the time that you've got. I agree with the lady in the shop, the pressure of fitting into a dress can give you the opposite results to what you want, so at least you've gone for the sensible approach, not like me - I've mailed you.

Good Luck!

Back