I've noticed so many bad habits!

Laney

On Day 3 and going OK apart from a dull ache in head (wouldn't really say a heache as such).

Anyway I have noticed things that I didn't really take any notice of before doing this diet like:

Taking a mouthfull of the kids cereal when it comes out the microwave to make sure it's not too hot :eek:
Eating the crusts that I cut off of their sandwiches.
Licking spoons
Eating leftovers and pinching chips

This diet has already got me thinking differently about food and I love it.

Elaine

It's amazing what habits you peg when you can't do them anymore! Mine was that I'd eat while watching TV and eat a load more than I should, I notice what I eat now and when I am full, which I never used to! Another one was licking excess butter off my sandwich making knife! I mean what kinda crazy is that lol?! And eurgh! Why did I do it?!

yeah this was one of things i noticed early to.
mine was buying things from shop to walk home with. eating for boredom. eating while cooking

Same here!! Munching on stuff when cooking, the sheer amount of takeaways we would have!! Buying crap to eat in front of the telly and snacks to eat after doing a shop at the supermarket.. Bleughhh

Me, it's how much I used to "reward" myself with food. I worked hard to meet a deadline? I ate. I did all the housework? I ate. I finished the ironing? I ate. Etc.

Oh and of course I would it to "comfort" or "entertain" myself. :(

Me, it's how much I used to "reward" myself with food. I worked hard to meet a deadline? I ate. I did all the housework? I ate. I finished the ironing? I ate. Etc.

Oh and of course I would it to "comfort" or "entertain" myself. :(

Yup - same here - how on earth do we get out of that cycle though.

I am learning not to eat crap at work which is helpful - I noticed how much was coming in and I was consuming.

I just don't want to have an unhealthy relationship with food like my mate has become recently.

She's so scared of putting on weight and doesn't eat!

It's crazy isn't it!!!
One comment made to me before starting this diet was 'Go on Elaine, you never say no!!!'
That has stuck with me.
I also found a chocolate lime (I love them) in the glove compartment whilst getting the sat nav out, now that would have been gone before I had even turned it on normally! LOL.

Back