I've started, and I WILL finish fabulously (that's the plan anyway) :)

DELETED POST!!!!

Last edited:
While I read the post you deleted so eagerly - I do wonder why :p

Hi Nat, well done on losing the inches - everything counts!! To put your mind at rest, I did actually gain 1lb for no apparent reason for a few days too. It does happen. :)
Enjoy your meal - your determination shines through, I know you'll be good! :D

As for health side effects of the VLCD - don't worry too much. The side-effects are the same as for long term annorexia sufferers, it's general malnutrition and under-eating when there is no more fat or body muscle to burn for energy - the body starts "eating" itself. At least that's what I take it as. You will not be on this diet long enough to come to any of those symptoms. Though of course - if you feel less than ideal at any point - see your doctor. :)

xx

deleted post??

Yes, lol!

I posted something which could have potentially frightened people without getting my facts straight!

I was looking at medical sites re VLCD's, and got a bit worried! Apparently what I read related to VLCD's which are not engineered, i.e., DIY VLCD's which won't supply the nutrients essential to keep the body in good health.

What we're doing is different -

I've since been in touch with S&S, and they've told me that, as their programme is not just a VLCD, it is engineered to provide 100% of absolutely everything the body needs, I have no need to worry!

Silly me, posting without checking. Won't be doing that again lol!

Wouldn't let me delete the post, so I had to amend it to say 'deleted post' instead!

Oops! ;) xxx

While I read the post you deleted so eagerly - I do wonder why :p

Hi Nat, well done on losing the inches - everything counts!! To put your mind at rest, I did actually gain 1lb for no apparent reason for a few days too. It does happen. :)
Enjoy your meal - your determination shines through, I know you'll be good! :D

As for health side effects of the VLCD - don't worry too much. The side-effects are the same as for long term annorexia sufferers, it's general malnutrition and under-eating when there is no more fat or body muscle to burn for energy - the body starts "eating" itself. At least that's what I take it as. You will not be on this diet long enough to come to any of those symptoms. Though of course - if you feel less than ideal at any point - see your doctor. :)

xx

Sorry Minerva,
I had to remove it before I alarmed anyone as my facts weren't correct!

Thank you, I knew I'd slow down, and am going to enjoy the meal tonight - I've chose Tandoori Chicken, spinach, & salad - I checked with S&S and they said as long as I keep my carbs low, I'll be fine.

Thanks for your input too - I feel heaps better now in the knowledge this is perfectly fine to do for a couple more months :)

Hope you're having a good day?

xxx

No worries Nat - I know it's so easy to scare yourself with the medical facts of everything! Especially with something new like this. :)

Maybe you could start looking into the psychological reasons for cravings and over-eating, I found it quite interesting when I was doing the VLCD the (second) time. Really helped me understand why we eat and why we get hungry when we shouldn't! Smells and emotional triggers are very powerful, so much so that physiological symptoms occur (stomach produces acid) and we think we're hungry! Fascinating stuff. Or things about the hunger hormones and such. :)
There's a lot about that sort of thing on this forum - I found a member called KD the most enlightening, unfortunately she's no longer an active member here, but she's written series of very deep and research based posts on the issues.

As for my day... well it will involve a lot of procrastination (like now) and reading about Equity & Trusts Law on Tracing (of assets and property which has been misplaced/mixed/given away) and Liability of Strangers (who either knowingly or unknowingly received trust property). I know. Exciting stuff. So exciting I'd rather jump off a cliff! ;)

Any plans for yourself today? :)

Oooh! Get it now. LOL.

I didnt know if YOU deleted your post or if forum folks did.

Yeah, of course no one should be on this sort of diet for very very long but i think its pretty safe doing it to get where we are going. Then obviously, sensible eating and a healthier lifestyle must come into play. In a sense, this is the easy bit. lol.

I went up a pound in the week Nat too and then it disappeared the next day - it was just water retention xxx I'm sure it'll be the same for you.

No worries Nat - I know it's so easy to scare yourself with the medical facts of everything! Especially with something new like this. :)

Maybe you could start looking into the psychological reasons for cravings and over-eating, I found it quite interesting when I was doing the VLCD the (second) time. Really helped me understand why we eat and why we get hungry when we shouldn't! Smells and emotional triggers are very powerful, so much so that physiological symptoms occur (stomach produces acid) and we think we're hungry! Fascinating stuff. Or things about the hunger hormones and such. :)
There's a lot about that sort of thing on this forum - I found a member called KD the most enlightening, unfortunately she's no longer an active member here, but she's written series of very deep and research based posts on the issues.

As for my day... well it will involve a lot of procrastination (like now) and reading about Equity & Trusts Law on Tracing (of assets and property which has been misplaced/mixed/given away) and Liability of Strangers (who either knowingly or unknowingly received trust property). I know. Exciting stuff. So exciting I'd rather jump off a cliff! ;)

Any plans for yourself today? :)

Thanks Minerva :D

I really should have looked in to the engineered VCLD's, I didn't even realise I was reading up on what one can really call a DIY VLCD, which I totally agree can be dangerous. Of course one isn't going to obtain all necessary nutrients from one of those, so I alarmed myself for the sake of it! As is usually the case, lol!

I think that is a very good idea, thanks. I don't really stuff my face, but I do crave foods I should only have as the odd treat, so therefore I eat more of this type of food than I should. It will be enlightening to read that, I'll find her posts. Thanks for that!

Blimey, heavy stuff! Hope you're getting on okay with it? Lol, don't be jumping off any cliffs, we need you here!!

Just taken LO swimming, he loves it and really tried to swim - he's 10 months old today! Definite water baby :)
Wasn't impressed with the place tho - our usual baths are closed for lessons this afternoon, so we took him to the one where we used to live.
I wasn't happy with the pool - water just a tad too cold for a baby pool, it wasn't spotless as it should be, I stubbed my toe on a loose tile, and the building was FREEZING! I went to get LO's towel so he had it as soon as we got him out of the water, and his teeth were chattering! Not good when he's got a cold. If I'd have known it would be like that, I wouldn't have bothered, even though he did enjoy it.
Definitely not going there again - going to find out times for our local one which is much nicer.

Got to jump in the shower soon and get ready for later - am looking forward to it actually, even though I will be surrounded by temptation! I'll be good and stick to my dry meat and spinach tho!
This diet had better be worth it lol!!

Are you doing anything later?

xxx

Oooh! Get it now. LOL.

I didnt know if YOU deleted your post or if forum folks did.

Yeah, of course no one should be on this sort of diet for very very long but i think its pretty safe doing it to get where we are going. Then obviously, sensible eating and a healthier lifestyle must come into play. In a sense, this is the easy bit. lol.

Lol!! No, I deleted it before I frightened anyone!
Mental note to self - engage your brain before posting what you think are facts before checking them out properly! I am a muppet sometimes!! :D

S&S told me it was perfectly safe to do for the time I want to do it for - they said problems (and there's only a tiny chance of this) could occur if I'd done it for months and months on end. I settled as soon as they replied to me - I can't fault their customer service - their response time is spot on!
Stopped my worrying immediately, and made me realise I'd been reading up on the wrong diet, lol!

So yes, it's safe - they wouldn't be allowed to sell it to people indefinitely if it was dangerous. I should have known all this, having already cleared it with my GP. Sometimes I just don't engage my brain at all!

And you're definitely right on that one - I think the maintenance is going to be the hardest part. But, we're all here to support each other, and I know personally, that will help me through :)
And of course, I hope I am of some help to others! I don't always get it right, but I'll get there, hey! ;)

I forgot to mention - I am drinking TOO MUCH water! Too much can flush out micronutrients and electrolytes, which is not good!
I usually have 5 pints, plus around 1.2-1.4 Ltrs with my shakes, meals, etc. Equaling over 4 Litres. It's quite scary how it can all add up without one realising it!
So, I have to reduce either the amount I have for meals, coffee's etc, or reduce down to 3 pints, then I can have 3 coffee's, and my allowance for the packs.
I think I'll find that hard, as water fills me up, but if it's detrimental, I have no choice!

Thought you ought to know, in case you were drinking that much too?

What are you up to for the rest of the day? Whatever it is, ENJOY! xxx

The diet is very much worth it my dear! Even if you don't enjoy this restaurant experience - there IS something to take away for next time. Have a look at the size of portions people consume around you, is it normal to eat that much? I'm sometimes horrified as to how much people put down themselves on a night out! :) Social occasion + chatter = no attention!
Plus, it's not the last time you'll be in a restaurant - next time, you'll feel SLIM and CONFIDENT and in control - and be able to enjoy what you usually have! :D

Aww, poor LO :) I'm glad he enjoys his swims - and more importantly you're a brilliant mum to take him! I'm not sure my mum took me much further than the bathtub, but then again in Soviet Russia, what can you do :p Don't think she wanted to risk the communal pools! :D

I went up a pound in the week Nat too and then it disappeared the next day - it was just water retention xxx I'm sure it'll be the same for you.

Hiya lovely! :)

Thank you, I hope so too. If I just lose 1lb this week I will be pleased - I wasn't expecting much at all this week, so I'm happy.
Apparently, in week 3, things start moving again, so am looking forward to the end of that particular week!
Will stick with it - it's not even as if it's that hard any more! I am determined!!

Enjoy the rest of your day! :D xxx

The diet is very much worth it my dear! Even if you don't enjoy this restaurant experience - there IS something to take away for next time. Have a look at the size of portions people consume around you, is it normal to eat that much? I'm sometimes horrified as to how much people put down themselves on a night out! :) Social occasion + chatter = no attention!
Plus, it's not the last time you'll be in a restaurant - next time, you'll feel SLIM and CONFIDENT and in control - and be able to enjoy what you usually have! :D

Aww, poor LO :) I'm glad he enjoys his swims - and more importantly you're a brilliant mum to take him! I'm not sure my mum took me much further than the bathtub, but then again in Soviet Russia, what can you do :p Don't think she wanted to risk the communal pools! :D

Yes, I agree, it is worth it. The first week's weigh in made me feel amazing! I still feel like that, even though the scales aren't doing what I want them to at present! I've lost more inches, and that's what counts.
I felt FAB to get in my swimsuit - the last time I wore it, I was 13st 12lbs, and it was very tight (it's a swimdress, so does cover up a lot!). It fitted me perfectly, I was so surprised how flat my stomach looked compared to just two weeks ago - I still have some baby blubber to get rid of there, but nothing like it was!
Everyone says you don't lose much fat at all in the first 2 weeks, but I beg to differ - my stomach area was pure flab, and now it's greatly reduced. That's FAT that has gone, not water!

I know, it never ceases to amaze me how much some people can consume! I never manage to finish a meal in an Indian, ever!

Awww thank you! I try to be - I want him to feel like he's the most important person in my life, because he is! Don't know what I did before him, even though he runs me ragged, lol!!

Are you glad you live here now? Do you remember much of your life in Russia? Would you ever go back?

Right, shower time - got to get my ass in gear if I've got any chance of being ready in time, what with LO to look after too!

Enjoy the rest of your day!

xxx

Right, going to say night all, because I've got to get a move on!

Hope you all have a great night, roll on another day, we're shrinking ladies! :D

:bighug:

Thanks Bee! :)

All ready, just waiting for Mum to get hear to look after my baby monster!

Have a great night, talk tomo! xxx

Have fun Nat xxx

I had a GREAT time thank you!

I stuck to dry meat - Chicken Tikka and Tandoori, and they cooked me some spinach and chilli's in water bless! Was well impressed!
So, def under in carbs - around 57g which is more than I like, but still safe for ketosis, tho I reckon I'm over on cals by about 300 (and that's basing it on more than I had, I'd rather put in over, than under on the planner!) - still under 1,000 so not enough to take me out of ketosis either.

I reckon it will have an effect on my weight loss, but I chose the best I could, and wasn't tempted, even when they brought me a ton of shortcake caramels with my coffee! I'm happy though - I know I can pick up again :)

I had the p*** took out of me ALL night by hubby and friends, simply because every waiter who came to our table, I had to explain about the diet so they understood how to cook my food!
I've not heard the last of it, and now it's all over facebook - I am going to kill them!
Hubby reckoned the staff in the Spa shop across the road were even talking about it!
Never shut up, any of them, all the way home. And I have a feeling this is going to carry on for ages, because they like to drag things out.
That's going to be a laugh, not! Good job I have a sense of humour lol!

Anyway, that's me up to date. Not weighing now till Tuesday, and to be honest, if I lose the 1lb, and get back to what I was at the end of last week I'll be happy, because I know tonight will have some effect, even if only slight.

Hope you've all had a GREAT night, I just wanted to come on and say goodnight lovely ladies!

xxx

Well done Nat!!! A right inspiration to all us lot you are - such strength and determination!! Go you!!! :D

Your hubby and friends can shut their pie holes, you're the winner here! ;) I will echo Periwinkle's words and say: You're an absolute legend!!

Youve done yourself proud, honey! Well done you. As Ive said...life is going to throw these little challenges at us...both now and after we finish and are trying to maintain and you handled it so well. Im going to channel your strength and will power when I have my lunch out on Monday! :D "Nat did it, so can I" will be my mantra :D haha.

Im glad you had a nice little break....a nice night out, kid-free, and you were able to just enjoy yourself.

I dont think it will effect your weight loss, but even if it does...it wont be for long! And it certainly wont have put FAT on you...if the scales happen to show a blip...its just a number and an imbalance. It will soon right itself. :) xxx

Back