I've started, and I WILL finish fabulously (that's the plan anyway) :)

Thanks Lou!

I never expected that in week 3, but I'm not going to complain about it lol!!

How're you doing?

:) xxx

I'm doing great thanks feeling on top of the world today (?!!) don't know why - yesterday I had less than zero energy but today I feel great. Must be the sunshine trying to get through the curtains :)

Have a great day :D

Afternoon Hun! :)

Yay, glad to hear it! The sun coming out makes all the difference to my mood. Shame it's disappeared again.

Thanks, and hope you're having a good day too xxx

Well, I don't really know what kind of mood I'm in - I've got a banger of a headache that's for sure, and probably why I feel a bit miffed!

Should be happy - I've lost another 1lb since yesterday, taking me to 11st 3.5lbs. Really pleased with that.
I've had news from my Solicitor about a medical negligence case (very bad :( ) and she had good news for me for my defense (even though I am the one suing) - news I've been waiting for since December. It really reinforces my case.

So why do I feel pants! :(

Oh well, I'll drag myself out of this mood - no point being like this, it's not getting me anywhere, and I have nothing to be miserable about! :confused:
Could be the stress of finally getting the answers I wanted - yet not knowing what effect this will have - I won't know for another few weeks.
It's all a waiting game, grrrrr!

Been to have Max weighed, he's only put on 10zs in 5 weeks. That's not enough!
Trouble is, I am having a lot of trouble getting 'real' food down him. He gags on anything that isn't simple baby food - and then refuses any more.
He should be eating whatever we eat now - I am at my wits end with it!
It's okay the HV saying to do this and try that, but if he won't eat it, he won't flippin eat it! I can hardly force feed him!
Don't know what to try next, it's getting beyond a joke!
And now HV is aware, she's going to be sticking her nose in, arrgghhh!!!

Hope you're all having a good day?

xxx

it's so hard staying upbeat on this diet, I'm up and down like a yoyo - hubby is just kind of keeping out of the way ;) he takes one look at my face and is like :rolleyes:

Try not to get too stressed about what your baby is eating, he'll pick up on your stress and play on it. As long as he is having lots of milk and a little food he'll get there in the end. My mum fed my sister weetabix 3 times a day for a week because she wouldn't eat anything else!! I don't know how old he is but will he put anything in his mouth on his own like mushy banana? so you can pretend not to watch or something? Little monkey :D:D

Good news about the court case :)

Are you feeling any better now? Sounds like a nice early night is in order ;)

Hi Nat (and Lou!),

Thought Id pop my head in for a nosy! Sorry to hear you're fed up Nat :( I'm the same as Lou on this diet - up and down like a yoyo!! - well done on the lb loss though :) that's great - how you feeling now?

xx

it's so hard staying upbeat on this diet, I'm up and down like a yoyo - hubby is just kind of keeping out of the way ;) he takes one look at my face and is like :rolleyes:

Try not to get too stressed about what your baby is eating, he'll pick up on your stress and play on it. As long as he is having lots of milk and a little food he'll get there in the end. My mum fed my sister weetabix 3 times a day for a week because she wouldn't eat anything else!! I don't know how old he is but will he put anything in his mouth on his own like mushy banana? so you can pretend not to watch or something? Little monkey :D:D

Good news about the court case :)

Are you feeling any better now? Sounds like a nice early night is in order ;)

Good Evening hun! :)

I'm okay - not in a bad mood but not in a good one either, lol! A sleep will sort me out - it always does.
I know what you mean about mood being so unstable! I wonder if my mood is lower because I've had two days 'back on plan', whereas since last Thursday, if I've needed more, I've had it. No cheating, but a bit extra of the allowed foods just to get me through TOTM!
Could be - seems to coincide.

I laugh and talk to him whilst he's throwing food everywhere - I don't think he's picking up on any stress. If he doesn't eat much, I just heat up an Ella's pouch for him to get something down him!
Trouble is, he'll only eat stage 2, which is textured. He won't touch stage 3 which is lumpy, and as he's over 10 months old, he's not getting enough nutrients from the stage 2 pouches, and certainly not enough cals.
I'm going to have to be a little bit clever I think.....I'm going to have to make a plan and see if I can trick him in to eating solids lol! He's one year old in seven weeks - I want him eating properly by then!
The way HV was speaking, he's WAY behind and should be eating whatever we are! Was quite surprised - she even said he could have a Chicken Korma takeaway (I hate to think how much salt is in one of those!).
Is it me, or do you think she soulds slightly mad??!! ;)

Think I will have an early night, if only to get rid of this headache lol!!

Thanks for your help, and I hope you enjoy the rest of your evening :) xxx

Hi Nat (and Lou!),

Thought Id pop my head in for a nosy! Sorry to hear you're fed up Nat :( I'm the same as Lou on this diet - up and down like a yoyo!! - well done on the lb loss though :) that's great - how you feeling now?

xx

Hiya lovely! :)

Nice to see you here :D

I'm okay, just think I need a sleep to get rid of headache and mood! This isn't like me, I am normally so upbeat. I know it will go,and I know it's because of this diet, but I will plod on because the results will be soooooooooooooooooooo worth it!! :)

Thank you - I was suprised - a 1lb loss overnight! Not complaining tho!!

Thanks for your support, and hope you enjoy the rest of your evening! xxx

Hi hunny!

Bed def sounds like a plan! I think bath and bed for me now. I am shattered. Make sure you take something for the headache and drink lots of water. You are right this will all be worth it :D I think I'm gonna make a sign when I'm at goal and stick it on my fridge saying something like 'do you remember how effing hard it was to lose the weight?!!! Do you really want to go through that again?!! STOP!!!'

You have less than a stone to get to goal too lovely - thats fab! You'll be there so soon! Jealous - can we swap?! :p

I'm worried I might have a rubbish loss this week cos its the third week and apparently losses arent great in the third week - then next week ill prob be on totm so thatll mean not a great loss but then giving up is the last thing that is going to make me get to goal quicker isnt it?!! Might as well just keep going! Going to a friends on Sat night - gonna take a bar and a shake, have oatmeal for my brekkie and have an omelette for lunch before we go - were going round for the rugby. Bit worried about what people might say when they see me having the shake and bar and not eating any of the other stuff lol oh well guess they can think what they like!!! :cool:

Night hun xxxx

Yep, bed now - later than I wanted, but I get a bit of a lie in tomo as hubby is home!!

Good idea! I think I'll put a fat pic of the fridge to remind me too! No way am I going through this to put it back on again!!
I have to get to around 6lbs below goal to account for the inevitable 4-6lbs water gain - I don't mind if I don't do it in time, I'll just do a re-feed in time for our friend's wedding and Max's BD, then start again :)

I heard the 2nd week was the hardest - and I only lost 1lb. Week 3, I lost 4lbs, then a day in to week 4, I lost another 1lb! TOTM was during the end of week 2 / beginning of week 3, so I know some of that will be water retention. Still, it's a loss and I am happy with that
So, you may find that week 3 is quite good. I've done a lot of research and it does seem week 2 is the hardest, and worst for weight loss - many give up then, but if you can get past that, the weight loss should pick up again.

You've done great so far, so I am sure it'll carry on! :)

That's what I think when I go out - stuff what people think! I'm doing something good for me, and don't care what people think!!

Goodnight lovely, take care xxx

Morning Lovelies!

Well, it's gorgeous here today! Going to make the most of it!!

I hopped on the scales, and another 0.75lb has gone overnight! So, 1.75lbs in 2 days of week 4.

I definitely think my decision to introduce more food every few days is working - must have boosted my metabolism and taken me out of starvation mode, if I am in that (who knows!).
So I'll carry on, because whatever I am doing, seems to be right.

Funny really, I only did it up to my TOTM then for Mother's Day and my Mum's BD the day after, so it wasn't really an experiment as I only intended to do this one day a week, but as it appears to be working better than me basically starving myself, I think I will carry on!

Just sharing my thoughts - it may help boost you too if you're struggling. And after 4 weeks on this, it is tough - I don't care what anyone says, our bodies need FOOD, so I am going to carry on carrying on!!

Hope you all have a FAB day! :)

xxx

Hi Nat!

Sorry I've been absent for a few days - study + other stuff going on. :)
Fabulous loss so far! You're doing really, really well.

You're right - starvation mode isn't a good way to lose weight as metabolism does slow down, so you're doing what works for you by adjusting the plan (as you rightly can do so!). It also means you have more energy for little Max which is the main thing!!

Hope you have a good day

x

Woo woo! Go Nat! I think you should do a before and during photo when you reach the 10s!!! :D Not long now!!!!!!!!!!
:happy036:

Hey Nat, just dropping by to say Hi:D ur doing fab, weight just seems to be dropping of u, well done xxx

Hi Nat nice to hear you sounding happier this morning :D

Hiya Lou,

Sorry for the late reply, been a mad one today!
Yep, am feeling better today THANK YOU!!, no headache either which no doubt contributes to my mood lifting!!
Hope you've had a good day?

Ps. You are NEVER too old to wear a playsuit!! ;) xxx

Hi Nat! Have a great day lovely x

It's been a bit mad, but in a good way!

Hope you've had a good day too?

Am ready for some warmer weather, it's bitter out - and getting ridiculous now!
I hope the fact we've had a proper Winter means we'll get a proper Summer! (wishful thinking on my part I think!).

xxx

Hi Nat!

Sorry I've been absent for a few days - study + other stuff going on. :)
Fabulous loss so far! You're doing really, really well.

You're right - starvation mode isn't a good way to lose weight as metabolism does slow down, so you're doing what works for you by adjusting the plan (as you rightly can do so!). It also means you have more energy for little Max which is the main thing!!

Hope you have a good day

x

Hiya Minerva! :)

Never any need for apologies to me! Life has to go on, regardless of this forum!! ;)

I am pleased - didn't expect it with going over like I have done. But I think that proves we don't have to starve ourselves stupid to get to our goals. I'm not going to worry about it - if I need more I'll have it. But of course, keeping away from the dreaded carbs!!

Wish I had more energy! but I think if I didn't burn the candles at both ends, that might help!

How're you?
Hope you've had a good day?

xxx

Woo woo! Go Nat! I think you should do a before and during photo when you reach the 10s!!! :D Not long now!!!!!!!!!!
:happy036:

Thanks Peri! :D I will do for sure!
I actually got a wolf whistle today for the first time in like, God knows!
Used to hate that, thought it was very sexist, but when it stops, the confidence drops, so it was quite nice to get one today, even if I am old enough to be a Grandma, haha!!

How're you my lovely? xxx

Hey Nat, just dropping by to say Hi:D ur doing fab, weight just seems to be dropping of u, well done xxx

Good Evening lovely! :)

Hi back atcha!!
Aww, thank you! I think it's def the extra cals - can't think of what else it can be! time will tell I suppose!
How's your day been?
Hope you're okay?
xxx

Back