I've started, and I WILL finish fabulously (that's the plan anyway) :)

Hi nat long time since I've been on here so delighted to see how fantastic the diet is going for you! You truly are an inspiration xxx sorry to hear about the family stuff that has been going on it really is such a dose when things are awkward like that, definitely can't blame you for wanting to say something! Think I'd be the same but I'm pretty feisty ha ha!

So delighted to hear that Max ate the cereal! Onwards and upwards! This will definitely help make everything settle for him,

Hope you have an amazing day xxx

I hope doctor's goes well with Max - though sounds like he feels a little better, the cream seems to have done the trick! ;)

Aww there's lots of lovely things to look forward to in the next few weeks! A new dress, a Wedding, Max's birthday. :D I'm sure you'll look AMAZING for all these events!

As per decaf, not sure I could live without caffeine - I have a very, very high tolerance for the stuff... I can even drink it before going to bed and be fine falling asleep! ...speaking of coffee... I need another cup!

Have a lovely day and don't rush yourself off your feet! Be sure to have a little rest, even for 5 minutes every once in a while.

x

WHOOP!

Max had a huge bowl of cereal which I made up with mostly milk, but some cream too - upping his cals per day. I never thought he'd eat it all, but he did, whoop!
Just hoping this continues!!

Finally found some Decaf Filter coffee (caffeine has me climbing the walls!!) - my treat for being so good!

And, come mid-April, I'm going to treat myself to a new outfit for our friend's wedding on 4th May. I figure I'll be near goal then, so am going to treat myself for doing this diet and stopping smoking! :)

Have a FAB day!
xxx

Hey hunny! How are you?

Fab news about Max :) Treating yourself also sounds like a good idea :)

Hope you have a great day xxx

Im the same as Minerva....caffeine doesnt have much (if any!) affect on me. I often have a cup of coffee or some coke zero before bed and drift off, no problem. Its funny how we are all so different.

Im so glad little monkey has decided to humour you by eating something! its such a worry when theyre off their food. Im sure they do it on purpose, trying to see if they can make us go grey with worry! haha.

You have so much to look forward to, indeed! And Yay for treating yourself. Its so important. :) xx

Only a few weeks until our little babies are 1!! I cannot believe how quickly it has FLOWN. Awww. :)

How are you feeling today, lovely?

Heya Nat! Just checking in - great news about Max! Little by little he'll get used to things :) You're dead right to treat yourself to a new outfit for the wedding! You deserve it! You gotta post a pic when the time comes :)

Hope you're having a lovely day Hun xxx

Hi Ladies,

Sorry, I WILL reply later, am in a mad rush but just wanted to post this in case someone can advise?

Has anyone had a day off from a VLCD, ate normally - esp lots of carbs, and noticed it's ruined the diet? If you've had a day off and had quite a lot of carbs, what were your experiences? Weight gain? Then weight loss when back on plan?

I'm panicking about Saturday - I've seen the dress of my dreams for the wedding, but I aint gonna get in it if I don't get around 10st 12lbs (after refeed week) - HELP lol!

Thank you!

Will be back in a bit to catch upi!!

:) xxx :)

Yep me lol, when I was ill I had kfc and the full works haha!!! I put on 2lbs in the day lol, but it went after a day back on plan, so no probs at all really, and I didn't struggle at all to get back on plan xxx ul be fine Nat, enjoy urself xxx

The night I had my crazy episode, we had pizza and the next day I had only put on 2lbs and Im sure if I had gone back on straight away it definitely wouldve gone. It was just a bit of water but my jeans fit even better, strangely! dont worry about it! xx

Thanks every single one of you for ALL of your posts, I really really appreciate the time you take to post on here :)

I am so sorry, hubby has been a right b****** and I am very upset, so I am not in the right mind to be on here right now.
He's a callous g*t when he wants to be.
Times like this I wish I could just pack up and walk out.

I'll be back on tomo when I am feeling better (hopefully!) - right now I just want to sleep to forget about what a sh*t I am married to!

Thanks again, for all of your lovely words of encouragements, thoughts of Max, and help with me worrying about having a day off!

Love & Hugs to you all
Goodnight Lovelies :) xxxx

Awh Nat :( Sorry to hear you've been having a sh*te night. I hope you sleep well and things start getting better for you - I wish I could give you a big hug! You're such a lovely person and such a positive force (you're a real rarity). I've no doubt better times are ahead for you xxx

Hi Ladies,

Sorry, I WILL reply later, am in a mad rush but just wanted to post this in case someone can advise?

Has anyone had a day off from a VLCD, ate normally - esp lots of carbs, and noticed it's ruined the diet? If you've had a day off and had quite a lot of carbs, what were your experiences? Weight gain? Then weight loss when back on plan?

I'm panicking about Saturday - I've seen the dress of my dreams for the wedding, but I aint gonna get in it if I don't get around 10st 12lbs (after refeed week) - HELP lol!

Thank you!

Will be back in a bit to catch upi!!

:) xxx :)

My experience - Valentines Day - had a lot of carbs (a whole pizza + garlic bread + bottle of wine) - felt bloated the next day, but got back to packs and 100% for the next 7 days. Did not weigh myself the day after, but still lost 2lb that week (hence the continuing weight loss each week in my signature :) )

1 day worth of carbs (within reason of course!!) should NOT affect your weight loss. Think of your weight storage as a fridge/freezer system. Right now your fridge is empty (water weight) so you're digging into your freezer for food (fat). With a carb meal you're filling your fridge, but since it's 'fresh' food it'll get used up first and pretty quickly.

Hope this helps in regard to that ... I hope you feel better tomorrow and that whatever OH has done/said wasn't too awful :( ...
xx

oh Nat, hope you feel better this morning :( I've been through periods like that with my OH he seems to have bucked up now (after me saying I wanted a divorce - him having a virtual breakdown - then a stint of marriage counselling) but he wasn't really *that* nasty - just useless and disinterested in the family! He has changed a lot though but it was only when I said 'this is it I can't be married to you being like this' that he realised he needed to. Before he thought he could 'get away' with anything and I'd put up with it (and I did put up with it, but gradually loved him less and less because of it) anyway - my point is - if he isn't acting as he should, make it clear you won't stay forever, you're not 'trapped' this is the 21st century and he needs to work to keep you

I've had same experience with a day off - I haven't found it hard going back on plan at all, it was almost as if I hadn't come out of ketosis at all

The only problem is when you have *weeks* off - that is the killer! But even though I went mad last weekend I didn't have a problem getting back on it Monday, and by today my scales are down, so it is a temporary gain of a pound or two.

lots love hunni x

Ahh Nat, so sorry to hear ur upset:mad: big hugs and hopefully speak soon xxx

Awh Nat :( Sorry to hear you've been having a sh*te night. I hope you sleep well and things start getting better for you - I wish I could give you a big hug! You're such a lovely person and such a positive force (you're a real rarity). I've no doubt better times are ahead for you xxx

Awww!! Thanks Peri! :)

Much better here. I thought I was dreaming when I woke up to find him stood over me with Max, saying how sorry he was. Now, seriously, my husband's vocabulary does not include that word, so I nearly passed out! ;)

Think the fact I stand up to him now has a lot to do with his change in attitude. So, am emotionally drained, but all is a-o-k here. I now stand my ground, and play hell - it seems to be paying off!

Thanks for your lovely words, made me smile :)

Enjoy the rest of your evening lovely, I'm off to bed early as so tired, plus IF the snow stops, I'll be on my way to the Peak District early to go to my friend's 'hen do' - carbs galore, I expect to have gained a lot come WI on Tuesday, but I don't care - back on plan, I know it'll go again :)

xxx :) xxx

My experience - Valentines Day - had a lot of carbs (a whole pizza + garlic bread + bottle of wine) - felt bloated the next day, but got back to packs and 100% for the next 7 days. Did not weigh myself the day after, but still lost 2lb that week (hence the continuing weight loss each week in my signature :) )

1 day worth of carbs (within reason of course!!) should NOT affect your weight loss. Think of your weight storage as a fridge/freezer system. Right now your fridge is empty (water weight) so you're digging into your freezer for food (fat). With a carb meal you're filling your fridge, but since it's 'fresh' food it'll get used up first and pretty quickly.

Hope this helps in regard to that ... I hope you feel better tomorrow and that whatever OH has done/said wasn't too awful :( ...
xx

Hiya lovely! :)

Well, that's a very good description, and thanks for the info re Valentine's - I now know I can at least let my hair down a little and not worry about it.
That's if I manage to get there! It's snowed non stop here today, and Matlock (where the Hen Do is) is remote, and will be very hard, if not impossible, to get to if this carries on! :(

Oh well, I shall see what the morning brings. I had two little slices of pizza tonight (like, 3" square each!) - strangely felt BIGGER straight away! I'm not bothered - my one treat in nearly 5 weeks. It's not like I'm going to make a habit of it. Didn't feel any better for eating it, just guilt! And, I am hungry now, which is unusual for me at this time of night!

Carbs - the root of all evil, haha!

Hubby couldn't apologise enough (after I'd told him to buck up his idea's or I was walking!), so all is quite on the western front. He seems to be under the impression I am still a timid little mouse - he'll get the message soon enough that I am most certainly not!! ;)

Thanks again lovely, enjoy the rest of your evening xxx :) xxx

oh Nat, hope you feel better this morning :( I've been through periods like that with my OH he seems to have bucked up now (after me saying I wanted a divorce - him having a virtual breakdown - then a stint of marriage counselling) but he wasn't really *that* nasty - just useless and disinterested in the family! He has changed a lot though but it was only when I said 'this is it I can't be married to you being like this' that he realised he needed to. Before he thought he could 'get away' with anything and I'd put up with it (and I did put up with it, but gradually loved him less and less because of it) anyway - my point is - if he isn't acting as he should, make it clear you won't stay forever, you're not 'trapped' this is the 21st century and he needs to work to keep you

I've had same experience with a day off - I haven't found it hard going back on plan at all, it was almost as if I hadn't come out of ketosis at all

The only problem is when you have *weeks* off - that is the killer! But even though I went mad last weekend I didn't have a problem getting back on it Monday, and by today my scales are down, so it is a temporary gain of a pound or two.

lots love hunni x

Hiya Lovely! :)

I do thank you. Feel I've been hit by an emotional rollercoaster, but I'm fine. As you may see in my posts, the first thing I saw when I woke up was him standing over me with Max, apologising. Good job I was laid down, else I would have fainted, ha!
I am so much stronger than I used to be - he seems to forget this sometimes, so I remind him. That tends to sort him out - if only it did for good!!
I don't make empty threats - if I say I am ready to leave, then I will do. It may happen one day, but for now, all is okay again. We'll see ;)

I am SO sorry to here you've been through that. It's not nice and I wouldn't wish it on any one. The good thing is, your OH seems to have received the shock he needed to keep you. Well done you, you're a very strong woman! :)

Thank you! I do feel better now I've seen that people have had days off with no adverse effects to losses. I don't intend having weeks off, not a chance after all work! It is good to know a day off won't affect me.
Which is good really, given my pizza eating earlier! ;)

Aww, thank you! Right back atcha! :)
xxx

Minerva, you are a genius! That analogy is brilliant!

Lou is absolutely right about hubby. Dont let him think he can get away with treating you like rubbish. He cant! *hugs* Im so sorry he's being a sh!t xx :(

I hope you feel better today honey :) xx

Hiya Sweetie! :)

She is, I agree! Yay Minerva!!

I haven't done Bee, he knows I am deadly serious - I wrote him a looooooong message to greet him this morning - it must have done the trick because he couldn't apologise enough! Let's see how long this lasts, lol!!

I do feel better lovely, thank you :) So tired though, so am just finishing off replying on here then off to bed. MAY be going on the Hen Do tomo - not sure, all depends on the snow.
The area I am going to is remote, and gets cut off quickly in bad weather, so if it's too bad, I won't go - can't risk getting stuck out there.
So, I had some carbs tonight instead, just in case I can't get, hahaha!!
You watch, it'll be 25 degrees C tomo, I'll get there no probs, and eat my body weight in cake - on top of the carbs tonight. Oh well, I'll be back on track come Sunday!

Hope you've had a good day, and enjoy the rest of your night lovely :) xxx

Ahh Nat, so sorry to hear ur upset:mad: big hugs and hopefully speak soon xxx

Good evening Peaches! :)

I'm a LOT better thank you! Comfort ate (as you've probably seen!) - so little though, so I'm not worried ;)

Thanks lovely, and I hope you're okay too?

Speak soon - if I'm not able to go out tomo cos of this dratted weather, I'll be on here doing some catching up!
If not, I'll be back on Sunday.....I get withdrawals if I'm away for more than 12 hours, ha!!

Enjoy the rest of your evening lovely :) xxx

Back