I've started, and I WILL finish fabulously (that's the plan anyway) :)

I'm good Hun xxx I've weigh in at the clinic later. *fingers crossed* It's 6 weeks on Friday (officially).

All this Easter eggs and treats are doing my head in! Sooner it's over the better!!!!

Whoop! Please let me know how you get on!! :)

I know, I've resisted choc but have been very naughty today! We've been out AGES! Didn't get home till 8.30pm, soooooooooooooo, :eek: I had a Kentucky!
I am useless! I am just not in 'that' place' at present, but my jeans are looser by the day, weird!

I looked on KFC website, and in total, today(inc 2 packs) I've had just over 1,600 cals for the day. So, still below what is usually required. I am now 'on plan' and staying that way no matter what!

That's two naughties in a week, so I have to get back in the zone! This has cost me too much to lose it now!

I just HAVE to get back there, I am not a quitter, so this is it now, I've had two days off, today being totally unplanned - If I'd known I was going to be out so long, I'd have taken some packs with me!

That's no excuse though. No more! I am on plan now until I get to under 10st, to allow for the inevitable water gain.

I doubt today has done much damage - now I've been on this diet a while, I am figuring you don't have to starve or stick exactly to the 'rules' to lose weight. The odd day here and there isn't going to hurt, and I figure it will help me in the long run by hopefully stopping my metabolism slowing right down.

So, that's me done for today. Tomorrow I am back to being VERY good, lol!

Hope you've had a good day? And pls let me know your results!! :) xxx

Sorry for not being around and catching up with everyone's diaries! :(

Didn't get in till 8.30pm, and had a few chores to do, see to Max, etc. JUST got on here, so I'll catch up properly in the morning!

Sleep well, HUGS! :) xxxx

Yummmmmmmmmmm fried chicken!!! *drool* :D You've not got too far to go now until you reach goal!!!! Yay!!! You're dead right - the odd break in the diet or treat really does no harm!!! :D I reckon I'll have a small bit of chocolate on Sunday ;) Just a wee bit!!!

ooh drool! KFC :p I think you're right about the odd 'naughty' not being a problem once you're well established on the plan - the carbs will be used up first by your body before they start using your fat again - you still won't have the glycogen stores that you started out with to power through before getting into ketosis

Yummmmmmmmmmm fried chicken!!! *drool* :D You've not got too far to go now until you reach goal!!!! Yay!!! You're dead right - the odd break in the diet or treat really does no harm!!! :D I reckon I'll have a small bit of chocolate on Sunday ;) Just a wee bit!!!

Lol, that's what I thought! I'm still full - not even thought about having my first pack yet! Yep, go for it - we need a little treat now and again to keep us focused - that's just my opinion anyway! :)
Hope you have a great day! xxx

ooh drool! KFC :p I think you're right about the odd 'naughty' not being a problem once you're well established on the plan - the carbs will be used up first by your body before they start using your fat again - you still won't have the glycogen stores that you started out with to power through before getting into ketosis

Morning Lou! :)

That's what I figured - Saturday didn't do too much damage, and that really was a feast! Not going to eat like that, that was definitely a one off, but I reckon a little treat once a week isn't giong to hurt - I've not had to go through ketosis again, or at least, I've not had any symptoms, and am still losing, so why the heck not! ;)

\def not going to pig out, but the odd treat just once a week isn't doing any damage :)

Have a great day! :) xxx

I think its actually a good idea to have a normal meal out now and again. im thinking of having one a week once im re-established on the plan again!

Morning Kelly! :)

Yep I agree :) It's not going to cause too much damage! I'm being very good for the rest of the week, but next Tues will have a treat. Prob a bit of Easter egg lol!

Have a fab day! :) xxx

Right, got to get ready. Taking little lad to Play Arena - it's really good there, lots of interactive area's for kiddies of Max's age :) It's quite a drive away, but it's the best one, and he loves it. Will have a spot of lunch there too, but it WILL be an egg salad! No more naughties this week lol!

Then tomorrow, mum and I are taking him to another play centre, Saturday we have his cousins' 1st Birthday party. Sunday is housework day (bleh!), then Monday we'll probably do something with my mum because she's very down at the moment.
She broke down in the Docs the other day. Apparently, according to her GP, she's just starting to realise that she's on her own, and is really missing dad :( I feel awful because she didn't confide in me because she thinks I have enough on. Feel like a terrible daughter!
I do see a lot of her, and call her at least once a day, but am making a conscious effort to see more of her.
I've just phoned a hotel where we always used to go with Dad, and have arranged for us all to go and stay for the 70th Anniversary of 'The Dambusters' reunion. We always went before I had Max, and I figure now he's a little older, he should be okay. He's a good baby, so can't see him causing too much fuss!

Mum is over the moon, she loves it there, as do I, as it was Dad's favourite place in the whole world. We feel close to him there, and the hotel (which was the wartime home of 617 Sqdn, 'The Dambusters') let us plant a tree in his honour in their beautiful grounds.
It's time to start going again, we miss it, the owners are like family and they loved Dad too. Max will represent the Granddad he never got to meet, I am sure Dad will approve.
It just saddens me that Max will never meet his amazing Granddaddy :( My Dad was an amazing man who was taken too soon. I'll make sure, when Max is old enough to understand, that he knows everything about his Granddad, and I will always take him to Woodhall Spa so that he grows to know how important this place was to my Dad.

Anyway, off to get ready - I WILL catch up with people's diaries later!
Hope you all have a FAB day :) xxx

Morning Ladies! :)

Okay, got a problem.

Seriously constipated (sorry for TMI) - got Senokot, not working! Any idea's? It's WI day tomo, and I feel so bloated! :(
WI not as important as feeling horrible - any advice greatly received! ;)

Hope you all have FAB days! xxx

Did you get sorted out with the bunged up problem?
:)

Milk of Magnesia is fab for a quick fix!!

Jan

Did you get sorted out with the bunged up problem?

Milk of Magnesia is fab for a quick fix!!

Jan

Hiya Jan :)

I did - naturally ;) But, I will get some of that - never thought of it! Got to go to chemist today, so will get some, thank you! xxx

Hope you have a fab wkend xx

You too Ladies!!! :)

:bighug::bighug:

Well what a day!

Max not well. No idea what is wrong, but it's Easter weekend so if he gets worse, a trip to OOH's will be due, arrgghh!!

My friend, who's hen do I went on last weekend phoned me in tears - her OH sent her a TEXT of all things, saying he was unhappy and wasn't in love with her any more.
When I arrived, she was sat there in tears, shaking like mad. I could strangle her OH (I've known him a long time) - I know exactly what it is - he's absolutely cr*pping himself re the Service - but to say that to my friend is bang out of order! I could slap him!

My Mum is not too great either, and I had to cancel on her to go over to my friend's house! I could have done with a clone today so I could be in two places at once!

So, plans to go out with Mum & Max were rearranged to me taking Max to Mum's to have a bath and his dinner as I needed to get to my friends' house asap.

So, a drive out to Mums to drop Max off, then over to my friends', then back home, then back out to Mums, then a quick bite to eat and home!

I have a seriously horrible headache! But, that's nothing compared to what my poor friend is going through :)
I've heard from her, and her OH is home, trying to sort everything out before the Wedding - I don't even know if that's going ahead, I feel for her and am helpless!

I've been OKAY-ISH on plan - Gone a bit over on cals due to eating out, and I was craving chocolate, so rather than give in, I had an Options Lo Cal one - 40 cals/1.1g carbs.
So, I'm around 950 cals, but still very low carbs.

It's working - even though I had Kentucky on Wednesday, and have had over cals, and a couple of little 'treats', I'm down to bang on 11st today! Let's hope I can lose just 0.5lbs, then I'm in the 10's, yay!

I just do not seem to be in the zone any more, and I can't figure out why! You'd think, given I am losing weight, it would spur me on to be good, but I am finding it VERY hard to resist temptation!
I only had the hot choc to stop me eating a Flake!
Wish I could be as good as I was at first - when mistakenly swallowing a tiny bit of Max's yoghurt freaked me out, but I just don't seem to be able to get there! Me, with all the willpower - it's gone!

I got out one of my small size 12 slogan T's out earlier (LOVE my slogan T's!!), looked at it, and thought, 'There's no way I'll fit in that!' - Stuck it over my head, and it's loose! Eh??!! It's NEVER been loose!
But I FEEL bigger - may be that's because I know I am not being as good as I should be! Okay, I have pretty much stuck to plan - no troughing out, but still I have had things which are 'off plan', even if they are low in cals/carbs!

Oh well, I will plod on and tomorrow I am going in search of my determination, cos I know it's around here somewhere, lol!

Hope you all have a FAB Easter weekend!

HUGE hugs!! xxx

I

Oh Nat!!!!!! What a day you (and your poor friend) have had!!! Her OH sounds like SUCH a head wreak! Who reacts like that when just worried about the religious/civil service?!

Poor lil Max, hope he feels better soon!!!

Well fair play that you had the chocolate drink and not the flake! It's making choices like that which will be the difference between maintaining when at goal and fluctuating!! I remember the yogurt upset! LOL! I remember at the time I thought "Ah cmon! That's nothing!!!" You were so hardcore! :) That's simply not maintainable long term - in fact if you were still that hardcore I'd worry about you!!!!!

Aw Nat, sad news about your friend. :( And Max - I hope he feels better soon!!

Sounds like you have a bit of a hectic time.. and it's understandable why you're not feeling completely in the zone.. I can spot a few factors - 1) stress 2) having to look after so many other people and seemingly no time for yourself :( 3) that night out on Saturday - means that you actually have to do Week 1 all over again - re-carb withdrawal + that discipline of first week to re-establish those 'good' habits is vital.

Any deviations from the plan can and will affect your attitude towards it all... That's why they do encourage people to usually stick to it 100%. The 100% is made slightly harder because your body seems to be letting you "get away" with quite a lot! You're very lucky!

Wishing your mum and Max all the best (hope they get better soon!!) and - I really hope you find some time for yourself soon, you do need a bit of a break!!

x

Omg Nat!

Im soo sorry Max is unwell! :( Tabbys got a cold too....just awful, isnt it? Ive never seen kids be ill so often in my life! This weather just needs o sort itself already! Hope he recovers soon! xx

As for your friend. I have been through it too, with my best friend. So I really really feel for all involved. She was engaged to be married to her partner of 8 years in March of 2012. Well, New Years EVE...he told her he couldnt marry her and he BROKE UP WITH HER. Bearing in mind they had lived together (bought a house together) pretty much as a married couple anyway...for years! They had several pets together...the house....cars. She was....heartbroken of course. I mean...just...wow. HOW could someone do such a thing? They had been planning the wedding for 2 years! Anyway...she moved out of the house and began rebuilding her life on her own....but against everyone's advice, she agreed to go to couples counselling with him. He dragged it out for ages....treated her like absolute muck...but in the end, she ended up marrying him in a last minute, quickly thrown together service in July last year. I loathe him with all of my being and it will be hard to be civil when I fly home in May, seeing for the first time since he pulled that crap. But I will try for her sake. I cannot understand how one person can cause so much pain ...isnt it better to just sit down with the other person and have a discussion of the things that are going on in your head...to try to work it out? So i really feel for your friend. Poor girl. And for you. I cried so much for my best friend. It hurt everyone that loves her as well. Anyway. I hope they can work it out for the best....I really do. x

Your poor Mum!! I hope you get a chance to help her feel a bit better.

And you. You must try to take care of yourself too. I know how hard that can be sometimes, love. I reallllly do. But make time...even 5 minutes a few times a day to just sit and take a breath and focus on you. Maybe you have just come to the end of the VLCD for you. Maybe your body is done now. Or maybe you need to sit and think...is this really what I WANT to be doing now. Because we all know you CAN. Its not a question of that at all. But perhaps there is a reason you should be thinking of switching it up and going onto another sort of plan. Or maybe you just need some time, completely alone to reassess and try to focus on getting your VLCD motivation back. Either way, we are here for you! :) xx

Have a great day today honey! xxx

Thanks so much everyone, for all of your lovely words, and for taking the time to write. I feel like you're all here for me, yet I'm not here for you! :( I'm sorry, I will get back on here properly asap. I miss you!

Been so ill today, had to go to bed, and that isn't like me at all! Friend's OH seems to have come to his senses - who knows, but it's looking better.

However, Arrrrrgghhh, I think I'm pregnant!
Won't know until mid next week, but I felt what I think is implantation (had same with Max) the day before yesterday - worked out all dates, and everything fits in to place!
We will see come next week! I am sorta sure tho, you know? I KNEW with Max, 2 weeks before I could take the test. That's why I am sorta sure now :eek:

That puts an end to this diet for sure! And would explain my carb cravings!!

Just lost all this weight to put it all back on again! We do want another baby, but I was hoping may be next year!!

Oh well, I could be wrong. What will be will be and I believe everything happens for a reason!

Trouble is, with my age, there's more chance of twins - No way do I want TWINS lol!!

Anyway, enough of my ramblings. I PROMISE to get on here to catch up with you all tomorrow! I've missed people's diaries, I don't know what's happening with who, and yet you're all here for me, I am terrible!

Hope you all have a lovely Easter Sunday, and I'll get on to catch up tomo!!

Loads of big hugs :) xxx

Back